HI Medallion Give Away- (Spring Medallion Passaround Thread)

pmwc hi
will post first thing monday with luck
should be there by sat 26th depending
on the speed of the postal service.
all the best mick:thumbup:

Congratulations! Pmwc78, do you think it might be possible to post front and back pics of the medallion? I have two older ones and would like to compare symbols and engraving.

Tell you what, if you post yours I'll post mine...! ;)

Norm

Congrat's on the win. :)

Great idea of pageophile for starting it off in 2009. :thumbup:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6599162&postcount=1

Norm, these are attached photo's from this post:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mick,

Sent an Email, the Medallion came in this week and is adjusting to life in Florida nicely. Lord this thing is big. I'll get some pics this weekend.

First off, my apologies for starting this a bit later this year. I just moved and (as usual) was convinced I lost a hundred things in the ordeal. Also, explains why I haven't been around too much of late. Setting up a new ISP and all.

Anyway, on to the fun part:

This is the HI Kami Medallion, containing the marks of several Kami's surrounded by an undulating Dragon image on both sides.

005-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

I included a shot or two with a few M43's, one original and one that I recently got from Svashtar (thank you again Norm)

006-2.jpg

007-3.jpg

NO the M43's are not for the passaround :rolleyes:

As usual for this passaround, simply post here if you'd like to be the Steward of the Medallion for a year and pass it on to keep the tradition going. I'll give this until the 23rd at 11pm Eastern time US. At that point I'll write all the entries on slips of paper, put them in a hat and let my son pick one. I'll email or PM the winner for an address to send the medallion on the next leg of it's journey.

Thanks for reading and participating!

Last edited:
Is there any stories behind this? Like who started it and why? How long this pass around has been? etc etc?

2009 I think. Strictly for fun and a way to pass a bit of HI goodwill along to fellow members. However if you'd like me to invent some mystical lore to the passing of the medallion I'll happily oblige.

That was not exactly what I was asking. Clearly someone started this up and from 2009 onward had made background stories behind this (the kind that are real and not made up as you offered to create). What locations and adventures did this medallion has had? Or did it just sit at home waiting for the year to be up before being passed on?

To heck with it. I'm in. If I get this, I will travel and carry it with me to far off wilderness and have this piece have some history added to it. :p

hi guiys
is it that time again allready well i wonder who the next lucky gaurdian
is going to be as ive won it once allready i,ll bar myself as it wouldnt be
fair to the others but good luck to all the entrants
mick

Nice job keeping the tradition going Patrick. :thumbup: I hated to part with that M-43 but am thrilled to see it paired so well with that classic model and the medallion.

Norm

forum is back up but my selection chairperson has gone to bed. Thank you for your entries, I will have him pick a winner in the morning. :)

Back