Holy BK20 Bundok Beckerman!

Gah. It should be here by Thursday. I don't want to wait! I am regretting not buying speed shipping now.

By the time I had a chance to make a phone call, Kabar had already responded to my email - they removed the second knife (set) from my order, as requested. Admittedly, a part of me is disappointed that my request was received in time; but I would have been just as disappointed if it hadn't been. So, I'm not getting 3 knives...but I'm also not spending another $216 (the joys of buying in state).
If they're still available next payday, maybe I'll buy that last set back. I think I might need a few of those signs, anyway.

Holy crap, it's awesome. Got the package today. I pointed the edge at a 1" sapling from 10' away and it fell down. BK20 is the Chuck Norris of knives.
More seriously - I bought this to replace a Tops Power Eagle I used to own. It has all the authority of that blade, but better balance, slightly more compact, more easily used as a knife. Also, easier to mod. Enjoy yours, lads.

Any chance you own a BK21 as well? How was the Power Eagle if you dont mind me asking? Thanks:thumbup:

Its here!!! The pictures do not do this justice! It is an amazing knife! Can't wait to use it! For anyone who was wondering, an esee candiru fits perfectly in the front pocket of a becker sheath.. Wish i could post a picture that would do this knife justice both in size and in how well it is made

362bdbb1db4ae21186c74ed713180a37.jpg
1ca76310897c194bd40771e00a390282.jpg
e3b4d4f21a38e2d4f4d153e619a2cef5.jpg
7669414fcde60e807127fb1d46619425.jpg
a1a5088d4c94937948a2ea1d9cde0956.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance you own a BK21 as well? How was the Power Eagle if you dont mind me asking? Thanks:thumbup:

Don't have the 21 - was on my list, until the 20 came along. I fully appreciate the awesomeness of the 21, but the 20 is just right for what I was looking for. I prefer a blade with a straight back, but a forward belly (a la Marine Raider/Western 49 style bowies) for chop/slice.
If for some gawd-awful reason I ever had to stab in desperation (think feral dog, boar, mountain lion), a 'straight' blade makes instinctive sense with a hammer or reverse-hammer grip IMO. Even thought it's huge, the 20 still feels like it could serve as a fighting knife.
That was my original motivation for the Power Eagle over a kukri configuration. However, the Power Eagle was so large, balance so forward, and grip not quite right for those defensive applications (which are mostly fantastical). It's a great knife/sword, and I wouldn't balk if it's all I had.
-However- the BK20 has all the hack/slash feel of the Power Eagle, but still feels like a knife in hand (albeit a big freakin' awesome knife). Also has a more versatile grip, dismountable without a hacksaw, and extended pommel section so you don't mess up your grip material. BK20 is noticeably lighter than the P.E., and I would actually consider wearing it while trekking. So, the BK20 is basically the Power Eagle minus all the stuff I didn't like. It's freakin' perfect.

Don't have the 21 - was on my list, until the 20 came along. I fully appreciate the awesomeness of the 21, but the 20 is just right for what I was looking for. I prefer a blade with a straight back, but a forward belly (a la Marine Raider/Western 49 style bowies) for chop/slice.
If for some gawd-awful reason I ever had to stab in desperation (think feral dog, boar, mountain lion), a 'straight' blade makes instinctive sense with a hammer or reverse-hammer grip IMO. Even thought it's huge, the 20 still feels like it could serve as a fighting knife.
That was my original motivation for the Power Eagle over a kukri configuration. However, the Power Eagle was so large, balance so forward, and grip not quite right for those defensive applications (which are mostly fantastical). It's a great knife/sword, and I wouldn't balk if it's all I had.
-However- the BK20 has all the hack/slash feel of the Power Eagle, but still feels like a knife in hand (albeit a big freakin' awesome knife). Also has a more versatile grip, dismountable without a hacksaw, and extended pommel section so you don't mess up your grip material. BK20 is noticeably lighter than the P.E., and I would actually consider wearing it while trekking. So, the BK20 is basically the Power Eagle minus all the stuff I didn't like. It's freakin' perfect.
Thanks you for the info sir[emoji106]

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

My new backpacking / primitive camping loadout blade wise.. Who needs a hatchet anymore when you have a bk-20! My old hatchet was beat to pieces anyways

635de1bab1e9f9d8b03e93cddfc5de99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does the BK20 compare to the BK21? Thanks:thumbup:

Obviously the big difference is the balance. The balance and feel is great for both knives, but they're designed by different folks and for different purposes. The 21 is forward heavy for an emphasis on chopping or swinging through. The 20 feels more like a 9. More of an all arounder in my opinion.

Obviously the big difference is the balance. The balance and feel is great for both knives, but they're designed by different folks and for different purposes. The 21 is forward heavy for an emphasis on chopping or swinging through. The 20 feels more like a 9. More of an all arounder in my opinion.

Let us know how they compare in chopping and batoning performance if you can please.

Gah! I held out as long as I could. Placed my order this morning. Looks like I gotta sell some stuff! Anyone interested in a Junglas? lol

Anyone interested in a Junglas? lol

Nope...

That's the thing...after handling it this weekend, how could ya resist! Once the pics and reviews get out, there's no reason Ka-Bar shouldn't do at least a second run which, IMO, would be the most cost effective way to have this as a semi-production item. Preorders even.

It's a fantastic product and will be somewhat in demand. I wouldn't count on them being available again very soon. At some point though, I figure there will be another run. Ethan deserves it. The faster they sell out, the better...

If this was't a bundle I would have bought one by now. I'll stew on it a little more but this does not seem like a customer centric way to move product. I am a little put off. We'll see. :-/

Preorders even.

pre-order is a great idea...that's how survive! knives is currently doing things to produce their knives. the run is already funded ahead of time so there's little, if any, upfront cost to ka-bar.

If this was't a bundle I would have bought one by now. I'll stew on it a little more but this does not seem like a customer centric way to move product. I am a little put off. We'll see. :-/

It would be the same msrp as a stand alone. I don't see these ever going to dealers and only being a manufacturer direct product therefore the msrp will always be what you pay. The "bundle" is truly freebies at no extra cost to the consumer. One hell of a deal really.

I felt the exact same way, even posted similar to what you say. I stewed on it as well and realized my thinking was off and pulled the trigger. Super fast shipping, it came Saturday while I was away. I'll admit I had a bit of buyers remorse with bills, life, funds, timing, etc. Then I got my hands on one. Finally I made it home and tore into the box. I don't regret it one bit.

Take some time to figure it out bro, but don't wait too long. Rumor is they're almost gone! Besides all that the 5 and 4 are a couple of my favs and I'm being greedy and hanging on to them!

It is not the value that is the problem. I am still stewing on it. It is a very tempting blade for sure.

Last edited:
Back