Home Invasion

Got a frantic call from my wife this afternoon and arrived home to half a dozen police cars, my wife bleeding profusely from the head where she had been pistol whipped, blood all over my 1 year old grand son and 2 year old grand daughter, pools of blood from the back bedroom through the hallway, through the living room and through the kitchen, all the cash in the house gone, many knives missing, computer monitor smashed and the place torn apart. The front door had been kicked in as had locked interior doors. They had opened the 16' x 10' storage shed, but the 10' x 12' one survived their attempts to open it. They threatened to kill the entire family if the police were called.

Luckily the police were on scene very quickly, the ambulance arrived and took my wife to the hospital. My son in law arrived and took care of the children. A neighbor brought wet washcloths so the children could have the blood washed off. Because the police arrived so quickly the thieves dropped two cases of knives and one cash bag. Camera caught the two thieves and a neighbor saw them running through his yard. The police are relatively certain they know who they are,

Wife is out of the hospital with 4 staples used to close the largest head wound. The 1 and 2 year old grand kids are still screaming and crying. All of them are staying at one of my wife's sisters house. I am at home with a repaired door and a surprise in a shoulder holster. There is a police car outside the house.

At first it appeared that they had gotten all my CRK's but as it turns out they only found and took the Carbon Fiber Mnandi which was in a small Pelican Case and found and took the box for it which was in a different location. Let me know if you seen any Carbon Fiber Mnandi's for sale in or around Southwest Louisiana.

That is horrible, to say the least. Thank God the outcome wasn't worse. Prayers are with you and yours.

Peterbright,
I’m very sad to hear your wife and grand children had to experience this. You might want to check into an alarm with panic buttons with an external audible horn. You can also set it at night when your sleeping. It may not have been a random attack.
Take care.

When I talked to my niece to come and help clean up the blood, she knew immediately that I was in a bad place.

Sorry to read this ... hope every is ok physically ... mentally and emotionally it will take time and will always be in the back of your minds ...

I hope the police catch them quickly and you at least get that piece of mind ... be vigilant but make sure you're with your family ... that's what matters ...

Thank God it wasn't worse.

Glad to hear the wife is O.K., that really sucks that people don't have any regard for human life. I hope those lowlife bastards are caught and justice served.
Looks like you'll have to make sure it doesn't happen again. It's a crying shame that you and your family had to go through this life changing event.
I'll definitely keep my eyes open over here for your stolen CRK.

I hope your wife and grandchildren fully and quickly recover. I hope the thieves/terrorists and conspirators are dealt with quickly and to the fullest, and most final, extent possible.

This totally sucks to hear things like this. Hope all recover well (in all aspects ).

As others have mentioned, this is the specific reason I carry on person at home as well as when out. But I cannot always be home to protect my family. My wife does have her ccw, but stopped carrying after a couple years because she didn't want to own the responsibility.

Sending you my best in smoke and prayers.

It was not random...they knew when money would be there.

First of all, sorry this happened. Prayers for a speedy recovery. Any idea how they would know? Where did there info come from? This incident will likely traumatize you folks for a long time. Hopefully you can plan some preventative measures for the future. Hopefully the perps will be arrested quickly.

Back