Home Invasion

Man, that really sucks. Sorry to hear it.
Hope everyone is doing ok and life returns to normal as soon as possible.
Also wishing a speedy capture of the lowlife scumbags who did it.

Wow peterbright peterbright
Really glad everyone is going to be alright..In the end, things can be replaced; The people in your life are invaluable.
I don't carry more than a knife often, but I think you have inspired me to do so much more as well as getting the wife some training.

Keep us updated and take care of your family and yourself!

Wow this is crazy. I'm glad in the end your family is ok. People are horrible. Hope they catch them.

New security door installed, burglar bars arrive Friday, may have the ring doorbell camera today...just have to do things.

Got a frantic call from my wife this afternoon and arrived home to half a dozen police cars, my wife bleeding profusely from the head where she had been pistol whipped, blood all over my 1 year old grand son and 2 year old grand daughter, pools of blood from the back bedroom through the hallway, through the living room and through the kitchen, all the cash in the house gone, many knives missing, computer monitor smashed and the place torn apart. The front door had been kicked in as had locked interior doors. They had opened the 16' x 10' storage shed, but the 10' x 12' one survived their attempts to open it. They threatened to kill the entire family if the police were called.

Luckily the police were on scene very quickly, the ambulance arrived and took my wife to the hospital. My son in law arrived and took care of the children. A neighbor brought wet washcloths so the children could have the blood washed off. Because the police arrived so quickly the thieves dropped two cases of knives and one cash bag. Camera caught the two thieves and a neighbor saw them running through his yard. The police are relatively certain they know who they are,

Wife is out of the hospital with 4 staples used to close the largest head wound. The 1 and 2 year old grand kids are still screaming and crying. All of them are staying at one of my wife's sisters house. I am at home with a repaired door and a surprise in a shoulder holster. There is a police car outside the house.

At first it appeared that they had gotten all my CRK's but as it turns out they only found and took the Carbon Fiber Mnandi which was in a small Pelican Case and found and took the box for it which was in a different location. Let me know if you seen any Carbon Fiber Mnandi's for sale in or around Southwest Louisiana.

I am glad that whats really important is safe. People should be put to death for things like this. I hope the cops catch these guys and when they do I hope they give them a reason to shoot them.

I’m obviously sorry for any posessions you lost but am relieved to hear that atleast your family is ok.

New security door installed, burglar bars arrive Friday, may have the ring doorbell camera today...just have to do things.
Sucks that you now will live behind bars!! It should be the other way around. I’m glad the little ones are doing better, they’re pretty resilient. Sending best wishes to you and the family.

Keeping you in my prayers.
So sorry this transpired. Just makes me...
If someone touch my wife or nephews...
Lets just say i wouldn't be too Canadian.
Glad you are all safe and sound.
Your family is most important...knives are just knives.

Sorry to hear about this grief Peter, what a horrible thing to have happened to your family. Please sell a few more CRK's and invest in a "Simply Safe" wireless system. Very simple to install yourself. You can protect your sheds too. I installed a complete system in my Daughter's house too. Can be purchased in a kit (starting around $225) that includes most of what you need like motion sensors, panic button, Key fobs etc. Many accessories like glass break sensors available too.
Can be turned on and off from your cell phone. 24 hour monthly monitoring can be as cheap as $14.95 (that's $3.73 a week or 48 cents a day). I use this system in conjuction with the Netgear Arlo wireless camera system with two cameras which cover my front and rear entrances and an alert is sent to my cell whenever there is movement in those areas. Plus I keep a 9mm in a coded gun safe next to my bed.

At least your family is safe but their shock of what happened to them is a scary thing. Shame we have to live like this nowadays. When I grew up in a suburb of Boston, I can remember we never ever locked our back door! I never even had a key to my house! I hope they didn't get any of your dental work funds :(
Paul

Last edited:
A friend installed a wireless camera system today. It has a motion sensor and sends alerts to the phones. You can hear what's happening and can speak through the system. You can watch a live feed any time you want and all the videos are saved. It records in 1080p and you can see approaching cars two blocks away. He refused to take any money for doing it. They now believe they have the identity of both of the perps. City Police and Sheriffs department believe they will not be taken alive.

A friend installed a wireless camera system today. It has a motion sensor and sends alerts to the phones. You can hear what's happening and can speak through the system. You can watch a live feed any time you want and all the videos are saved. It records in 1080p and you can see approaching cars two blocks away. He refused to take any money for doing it. They now believe they have the identity of both of the perps. City Police and Sheriffs department believe they will not be taken alive.

any particular brand of system?

After what they did to your wife, am I wrong for hoping the police are right?

Back