How do you feel about Emerson knives?

Probably start with these 3 ;)
0Ustw1z.jpg

Then my pride and joy
6nqeiF7.jpg

Oh yea we were talking about Emerson’s here lol. Oops thought I heard someone talking smack about guns :)
My bad...

No sarcasm taken :thumbsup:
I was talking folding blades just to be clear and it would be a secondary grab anyway because you never bring a just knife to a possible gun fight :D
Thought we’re talking folders guys if we’re talking guns then my choice would be AR15 and a hand gun to help me get it lol.

Im talking knives. I wouldn’t even consider any liner lock folder a self defense or survival tool. Please don’t take this personal, but I think some people have unrealistically high expectations of what their folding knives should be able to do. I use and carry CRK pocket knives everyday, but I know if I had to use them in a self defense or survival situation, the lock would most likely fail and I’d be a fingerless corpse. If I use them as they were intended, for cutting, they will most likely outlast me.

Im talking knives. I wouldn’t even consider any liner lock folder a self defense or survival tool. Please don’t take this personal, but I think some people have unrealistically high expectations of what their folding knives should be able to do. I use and carry CRK pocket knives everyday, but I know if I had to use them in a self defense or survival situation, the lock would most likely fail and I’d be a fingerless corpse. If I use them as they were intended, for cutting, they will most likely outlast me.
I would but hey everyone’s else’s mileage will vary. There just secondary anyway to make you feel good lol .

Carry on gentleman I’m out :D
Emerson’s for The win !!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend !

I like them. I can see how they are not for everyone. I’ve owned and enjoyed many over the years but am currently down to a mini Seax that I really enjoy.

People complain about the price but they are an American made smaller scale production based out of California, so prices are going to be higher.

They may not have the trendiest new steels and have liner locks, but there is something special about the simplicity in my opinion, and it just works.

It’s hard to explain but you really have to hold one to appreciate it. Fit and finish is not as bad as people are saying. My mini Seax actually perfect in my opinion.

I've sent back two this year. Radial pivot play and poor centering.:thumbsdown:
PDW A100
Action Concepts S35 Bowie Sheepdog

I like them. I can see how they are not for everyone. I’ve owned and enjoyed many over the years but am currently down to a mini Seax that I really enjoy.

People complain about the price but they are an American made smaller scale production based out of California, so prices are going to be higher.

They may not have the trendiest new steels and have liner locks, but there is something special about the simplicity in my opinion, and it just works.

It’s hard to explain but you really have to hold one to appreciate it. Fit and finish is not as bad as people are saying. My mini Seax actually perfect in my opinion.
Well said and couldn’t of said it better myself :thumbsup:

I had a Bowie, and it was garbage. One of the tiny phillips screws in the handle was stripped out. The titanium lock bar would slip outward under minimal pressure. And if you waved it open the lock bar would slam all the way over to the opposite side wedging/jamming the blade open. I had to pry the lock bar left to release it. I will admit that the ergo's for my hand were excellent, and the edge was razor sharp. Knife was ultimately returned to dealer.

I agree with this post, yet slightly disagree with one aspect.

"Fit and finish is not as bad as people are saying."

Fit and finish, regarding what is tolerated, can be quite subjective. I don't think the people here are exaggerating their experiences. I think it's more that what is not acceptable to them would just get a shrug from me. (Blade centering is a good example of this.) Or they just got a bad example and their grievances legit.

I have had a couple of little things with my Emersons that don't bother me whereas others would probably send it back and not look back.

OP, there is truth to all the posts in this thread. Emersons, IMO, epitomizes the idea of needing to try something yourself to know if it's for you. Get one in hand if possible, or pick up a lightly used one off the Exchange.

i do like emersons, but i personally wouldnt trust any liner lock knife for hard use and prefer to buy knives with other locks like an axis lock or a backlock. i wish emerson would make a few backlock models, i trust backlocks the most. cqc8 with a backlock would be a hell of a knife.

Im not trying to be sarcastic, just generally curious. If the shit were to hit the fan, a fixed blade would be the first cutting tool I’d grab. Why would you grab a folder?
I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I thought you were being somewhat sarcastic because in my mind if actual shit hit an actual fan I'd be worried about feces getting down in the liners and mechanism and not having time to stop and clean with the poopocalypse upon me and my loved ones.
Fixed blade could be wiped with least favorite EDC hank and hand sanitizer.

I like them from a visual standpoint. I haven't got any of them, because I kinda think they are a bit to pricey, and I don't like chiselgrinds.

They are fine. I don’t see myself buying another I’ve had a cqc7 and a roadhouse they were just ok at best. Nothing wrong but nothing really jumped out at me. I also had a zt630 emerson Colab in elmax. I feel that was better in every way and I’m not a zt fan by any means.

They are fine. I don’t see myself buying another I’ve had a cqc7 and a roadhouse they were just ok at best. Nothing wrong but nothing really jumped out at me. I also had a zt630 emerson Colab in elmax. I feel that was better in every way and I’m not a zt fan by any means.

You mean a 0620? I thought the 0630’s only came in S35VN or M390?

The wave kills it for me. I find it ugly. I can't ever see a time when I'll need the fraction of a second it might save. Against a Buck 110 it may be fast, against anything with a thumb stud or spydeyhole not so much or at least not enough to justify the choice in carrying the weird blade shape. I did try one, didn't like it. I don't see myself going against somebody where I'll desperately need that millisecond and be reaching for a waved folder over my CCW. As to the man himself, hes selling a product and a big part of that is the fantasy. That's fine as long as you don't take the hype seriously. For example I bought a CS boar spear. The chance of me ever attempting to fight a boar with a spear? Zero. The chance of me telling visitors it's for killing boars if they ask about it? 100%. I'm good at this point in my life on risky behavior, let the kiddies do it.

Well said about the wave crap. I bought a Benchmade 975 when they came out way back when, when Emerson first collobarated with them. It was way different than anything at the time and served me well. Actually had a conversation with Earnest at the Blade Show when he first started his production business, and bought a few of his early stuff. The Persian is my favorite. As far as price vs quality goes I've always believed its whatever the market will bear. If the price is too high and quality is too low you typically don't stay in business long. The worst thing by far is the SILLY WAVE GIMMICK! Needless to say all mine are waveless.

Back