How do you feel about Emerson knives?

I like Glock’s they can clean up a lot of shit to ;)
Zv38yPl.jpg

Nice. Love my 19x..and Tiger too.

I have a number of Emersons and enjoy them a lot. They get a lot of pocket time and the fit and finish on mine are perfectly fine...even if they need a little break in period. I think their satin/stone wash finish are quite good and I like the easy breakdown and the sharpening the 154. Probably my favorite thing about them is the varied designs and ergos. The persian is just an amazing design that I rarely carry but find unique while others like the 15, Tiger and Reliant feel made for my hand.

YMMV...

Nice. Love my 19x..and Tiger too.

I have a number of Emersons and enjoy them a lot. They get a lot of pocket time and the fit and finish on mine are perfectly fine...even if they need a little break in period. I think their satin/stone wash finish are quite good and I like the easy breakdown and the sharpening the 154. Probably my favorite thing about them is the varied designs and ergos. The persian is just an amazing design that I rarely carry but find unique while others like the 15, Tiger and Reliant feel made for my hand.

YMMV...
Thanks that 19x is one of my favorite Glock’s with nice capacity and a really sweet shooter. Carry’s well for concealed carry IWB with my Crossbreed holster. I think the Persian is a beautiful blade and agree the 15 and Tiger feel great in hand! Haven’t held a Reliant though but want to get another Tiger it’s next on my Emerson list. My recently acquired ETAK feels really good in hand to and am very happy with it. Just added a Emerson Damascus Crusader Shield . Pretty cool I like it !
w1QnT4Z.jpg

EkSqrAi.jpg

If you read much in the Emerson forum , you get a bit of cult vibe . Loyal , but long suffering . :p

Kinda like me and Cold Steel . ;)

If if you go on another other forum it will be usual to see a suspect cult vibe.

@Mikel_24 I agree the G-10 is very aggressive but after time they do smooth out and aren’t as aggressive. But I also found you’ll go threw some Jean pockets pretty fast lol. After a while you’ll see threads flying from your pocket when deploying the knife. So what I do is take a little sand paper lightly hit it under the pocket clip and were the pressure points are that contact the pockets and that all but eliminates that issue. That way I can still enjoy that high traction non slip grip of a Emerson :thumbsup: and save my jean pockets.

Thefactor, quick question:
Do you remove the clip and then sand down the G10 at the pinch point or do you leave the clip on and slide sandpaper between the clip and the G10?

SALTY SALTY I take the clip off and just look for we’re the contact point was as you can normally see it. Also I’ll take the clip and line it up with the holes and check to see if I’m hitting The right spot. Just do a little at a time because it doesn’t take much to remove and smooth out the toothy g10.
You can also as you mentioned leave the clip on and just slide some sand paper underneath but you will hit more g10 then you really need to but both ways will work fine.

I hate that plain black g10 they've been using since the 90s and I hate those Philips screws too. they seem so outdated and way overpriced..

I hate that plain black g10 they've been using since the 90s and I hate those Philips screws too. they seem so outdated and way overpriced..
So much hate lol does it hurt ? :D
I’d probably look else were so it doesn’t hurt so much :p
All kidding aside I “like” the Phillips for ease of dissembling. I “like” the old school black g10 that’s very functional in grip texture.
Over priced ? Naw only if it doesn’t produce enough hatered for ones desire and self satisfaction :D

I said it at the start of this thread.

I fully Support Uncle earnie. I loved my 7A. But the hardware quality is $hit.

It's not the use of Philips head or spacers. But the damn things are so soft and the threads and screws are too tiny.

Besides that. I would buy a few different models - the wave.

I said it at the start of this thread.

I fully Support Uncle earnie. I loved my 7A. But the hardware quality is $hit.

It's not the use of Philips head or spacers. But the damn things are so soft and the threads and screws are too tiny.

Besides that. I would buy a few different models - the wave.
I agree a harder steel for the Phillips/hardware would be a plus. Although I don’t think there shit and just as hard I feel as other streamline manufactures and have had a few beloved spyderco and Benchmade strip out . I’ve never had a screw strip on a Emerson but I think it’s important to use quality and not worn out tools and firm pressure or you going have issues. Yes a harder steel would give you more room for error. Again I’ve taken apart many Emerson and never had a screw strip out.
On a side note replacement is very cost effective on all and any Emerson hardware imo.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I thought you were being somewhat sarcastic because in my mind if actual shit hit an actual fan I'd be worried about feces getting down in the liners and mechanism and not having time to stop and clean with the poopocalypse upon me and my loved ones.
Fixed blade could be wiped with least favorite EDC hank and hand sanitizer.

Damn, I sometimes forget there are far more clever/funny folks on this site then myself. I’m gonna shut up and have a drink.

I agree a harder steel for the Phillips/hardware would be a plus. Although I don’t think there shit and just as hard I feel as other streamline manufactures and have had a few beloved spyderco and Benchmade strip out . I’ve never had a screw strip on a Emerson but I think it’s important to use quality and not worn out tools and firm pressure or you going have issues. Yes a harder steel would give you more room for error. Again I’ve taken apart many Emerson and never had a screw strip out.
On a side note replacement is very cost effective on all and any Emerson hardware imo.

I've never had a screw head strip . It's the threading that wears out too soon. Yeah I'm a bit heavy when it comes to torque. But they are the least durable screws/threads of any American made knives I've ever owned.

Admittedly I love extremely durable hardware. That's why I've got a Plain Sebbie in my pocket.

For the most part. Were on the same page though.

Thanks that 19x is one of my favorite Glock’s with nice capacity and a really sweet shooter. Carry’s well for concealed carry IWB with my Crossbreed holster. I think the Persian is a beautiful blade and agree the 15 and Tiger feel great in hand! Haven’t held a Reliant though but want to get another Tiger it’s next on my Emerson list. My recently acquired ETAK feels really good in hand to and am very happy with it. Just added a Emerson Damascus Crusader Shield . Pretty cool I like it !
w1QnT4Z.jpg

EkSqrAi.jpg

The shield is cool. I wonder if it fits knives not made by Emerson.

I've never had a screw head strip . It's the threading that wears out too soon. Yeah I'm a bit heavy when it comes to torque. But they are the least durable screws/threads of any American made knives I've ever owned.

Admittedly I love extremely durable hardware. That's why I've got a Plain Sebbie in my pocket.

For the most part. Were on the same page though.
Agreed better is always better :)
I’ve never had the threads strip out either but heck anything’s possible.
Yes Sir I think we’re on the same page to :thumbsup:

So why the high price?

Hype. Emerson was considered the shizz 20+ years ago.

Are they made with meticulous fit and finish?

Absolutely not. Nearly every reputable knife
manufacturer does better work.

Silky smooth opening?

Among the worst I've seen.

I have a left handed Commander that I waited a year to get. Workmanship was awful, so I sent it back. They "fixed" it, but it was no better. I did a little work on it, but it was like trying to polish a turd. It makes me angry every time I open the drawer and see it. Are you left handed? Want a polished turd at well under half the cost?

I tried a Commander way back when, after reading "Rogue Warrior" by Dick Marcinko. That was around 1993. I didn't like the single-sided grind but man, that Wave feature sure hooked me! I later bought three more Waved Emersons and could hardly get myself to carry anything else. You just cannot deploy any other blade as fast or as easily; not even an auto. After getting used to Waved Emersons, carrying a normal one-hand opening tactical folder felt like carrying a traditional slip joint, as far as speed/convenience was concerned.

I bought a CQC-7V to get a conventional blade grind and I converted a Horseman to V-grind, and I felt like this helped make those Emersons a better EDC choice. But for the price, the blade steel and fit and finish are not what I'd hope for. I still carry them regularly but a lot of my good one-hand opening tactical knives are back into the EDC rotation.

Hype. Emerson was considered the shizz 20+ years ago.

Absolutely not. Nearly every reputable knife
manufacturer does better work.

Among the worst I've seen.

I have a left handed Commander that I waited a year to get. Workmanship was awful, so I sent it back. They "fixed" it, but it was no better. I did a little work on it, but it was like trying to polish a turd. It makes me angry every time I open the drawer and see it. Are you left handed? Want a polished turd at well under half the cost?
Let’s be clear what your stating is your opinion and far from facts.
That’s from your experience and not from mine and many others or Emerson would not be in business . Everyone I’ve had has been a first class example .
You have some pretty bad luck if what your stating is true. I’ve been buying Emerson’s for over 20 years and never experienced what you have. Either you have some pretty bad luck or I’ve got some very good luck or both lol .

Two more beautiful examples from a first class knife maker and individual Mr Emerson.
That put a smile on my face every time I slide one in my pocket or hand :thumbsup:
7LjCcCb.jpg

kVthjZD.jpg

Back