• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

How long would you wait before disputing through PayPal?

I didn't agree to accept the knives once I filed the Paypal claim. Dispute stage is different from claim stage. Dispute is discussion, claim is, "I'm done and this is what I want to happen."

PayPal took until this morning to make a ruling, but I filed the claim FOR A REFUND last Friday after I had had the last straw, and stopped communicating with the seller then. The Seller put them in UPS on Monday. When I found out that the dispute went to a refund, I called UPS this morning, after they were out for delivery, to put in a pre-emptive return to seller, as I had an appointment in town at 1pm and didn't know if I would be here to refuse the package myself. The driver didn't get notified, and dropped the package off on the porch. UPS called me almost immediately after that and told me to grab it and bring it by the distribution center when I could, which is what I did. I'm just now settling down, it's been a long, busy day. I'm not sure if I actually owed you that much explanation, but I hope it's satisfactory and you'll put your eyebrows down. I checked in with a whole bunch of people before making this decision, and the advice and "I would..." statements were pretty unanimous.

@Boru13 thank you for removing my address from this clearly public venue. Thank you @r8shell for catching it.

You owed me nothing, but I did want to hear your side. The seller had said you agreed & post 74 screenshot seemed to confirm that, but it looks like the 2 of you don't agree on the agreement. Oh well-Thanks for the explanation.

After re-reading your post, I see what happened

Last edited:
Hahahah this is too funny. It's hilarious that people think I care about a reputation on a forum lol.

So then why do you keep posting?
You should leave and never come back.
I’m sure they’ll make room for you on Instagram. Someone will vouch for you.

I agree with the OP sending the package back. Smart move IMO.

ETA: spelling corrections

Last edited:
So then why do you keep posting?
You should leave and never come back.
I’m sure they’ll make room for you on Instagram. Someone will vouch for you.

I agree with the OP sending the package back. Smart move IMO.
Looks like we've a keyboard warrior here!

I'm just having fun and gathering some numbers and data I need for a project :thumbsup:

A simple apology for the late shipping and a refund would have salvaged much of your reputation here.

we have seen it all here. This is THE most valuable part of Bladeforums and the knife community as a whole because of that fact.

whether you intended to scam the OP or not,
you raised nearly every single red flag in this one transaction.

You DON’T get to spend the money until the buyer gets their knives.

^ :thumbsup: Perfectly stated!

You owed me nothing, but I did want to hear your side. The seller had said you agreed & post 74 screenshot seemed to confirm that, but it looks like the 2 of you don't agree on the agreement. Oh well-Thanks for the explanation.

After re-reading your post, I see what happened

Ah, I understand now. Yes, easy to get lost in the fray, there have been a lot more posts in this thread than I'd have imagined.

I have not posted in this thread other than the tracking info of the return.
To the OP...you did the right thing in returning...I would have.
To @ RobertJ1.............a lot of people watch these threads and like myself don't usually post. But you, Robert Jordan of Grass Valley, CA have gone above and beyond to solidify your reputation as someone not honorable as a reputable trader on Blade Forums. Please follow through on your previous post and leave Blade Forum on your own.

I have not posted in this thread other than the tracking info of the return.
To the OP...you did the right thing in returning...I would have.
To @ RobertJ1.............a lot of people watch these threads and like myself don't usually post. But you, Robert Jordan of Grass Valley, CA have gone above and beyond to solidify your reputation as someone not honorable as a reputable trader on Blade Forums. Please follow through on your previous post and leave Blade Forum on your own.
:thumbsup:

The numbers and data he gathered is for the project where he gets clowned for poor decisions. o_O

What have we learned (yet again), gang? When you sell something, SHIP IT. No bullshit excuses, get it in the goddamn mail.
You're so cool...can we be like you?

You're so cool...can we be like you?

Sure you can, lil’ buddy. Give your word that you’re going to do something, then f@cking do it. That’s cool. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately your rep here is trash. I’m putting you on my ignore list now just so I know not to buy anything from you. Happy trials. :rolleyes: [SIC]

Sure you can, lil’ buddy. Give your word that you’re going to do something, then f@cking do it. That’s cool. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately your rep here is trash. I’m putting you on my ignore list now just so I know not to buy anything from you. Happy trials. :rolleyes: [SIC]
:thumbsup::cool: such a cool guy!

Wow..... you are going out in a flame. I actually feel sorry for you as I am guessing you are using this as an outlet/manifestation for the shit that has happened in your world recently, you may or may not regret it all yourself at some point but it does make you look like you are alternating between a nutter and scumbag. Just maybe stop and think for a moment.....or not.

Yeah a Project That's the Ticket

j10k67K.png

Back