How many knives do you EDC?

I usually have 3 if not 4. I use them for my job, and they each have their own purpose and use.

I can have anywhere from 2-7 knives at one time on me, not including what's in my bag or wallet.

The reason I carry so many is mostly a throwback to having been a mechanic/millwright/tradesman. I've always liked to have access to a knife from any hand in any pocket, it wasn't unusual to be on a ladder with only one hand available and its not always your strong hand or in the appropriate pocket or laying on your back without access to your pockets, this is where the neckers come in handy.

Mostly though, I carry multiple EDCs because I have a sickness, I'm a knife-a-holic. ;)

3 or 4. 1 edc 1, 1 somtimes 2 for self defence (im not old enough to carry a gun) a multitool, and sometimes a smaller edc.

2-4.
One small classic SAK,
one GAK SAK(like a one hand trekker)
a #4 Opinel recently joined.
and a belt knife in the 3-4.5" range when appropriate.

Usually one pocket knife and a small knife/money clip but sometimes I carry a small fixed blade which shares space in a pocket sheath with a leatherman. When Im carrying a larger folder more than 3.5", sometimes Ill have a smaller 3" folder too

I carry a one hander in my front right pocket or clipped IWB. Also carry a SAK Classic in my watch pocket of my jeans. Occasionally I will have my Izula around my neck.

I carry a Victorinox Farmer on my belt and a Case Butterbean in my pocket. That SAK is for when the Butterbean's 1 15/16" main blade isn't big enough or when I need one of its other tools.

Umm...eight. Assuming I don't have a backpack on me as well.

My main "go-to" knife is an older S&W, from back when they were of better quality than the newer stuff, their original SWAT model. I'm looking to replace this, ideally with an Emerson CQC-8.

I also carry a Becker BK-11 dangling from my neck; a 5.11 Tactical boot knife, in my 5.11 boots; a Gerber Ripstop, the smaller version, in an EDC pack (by Maxpedition) in a cargo pocket; a Leatherman Style CS, with a 1.6" blade, which is attached to my keyring; a Leatherman MUT, which, despite its specialized intended purpose, still makes a pretty good EDC multitool; and, finally, a Sinclair Cardsharp.

Hmm...that's only seven...I'm pretty sure I once counted eight, I might be forgetting one!

You can also typically find 3-4 flashlights, 3-4 pens, a small assortment of minor medical supplies, surface sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer, duct tape (wrapped around a used gift card, so it's flat), paracord, a P-51 can opener, a WD-40 pen, and a few various other odds n' ends on my person. Oh, and a Leatherman Raptor, a folding trauma shears, which I don't include in my count of knives, since it's more akin to scissors (and although it does have some other rescue-specific tools built in, Leatherman has rightly decided to not include an actual knife blade on this multitool, to keep it focused to its purpose; it doesn't even have a bottle opener, which I thought was a universal law that all multitools must come with!).

Between 2 and 3.

I normally have a folder in my pocket and a fixed blade in my bag, if I am going to NYC to work. When going someplace less restrictive, I have the folder in my pocket, a fixed blade on my belt and another fixed blade or folder in the car.

I always have either the ZT or the Benchmade in my pocket.

Well technically I guess it would be like 4ish but its not as bad as it sounds. I generally only carry 1 main dedicated folder but I have a gerber Curve and SAK Classic which both have blades on my keys and I often carry my Cadet as well though lately that's been replaced by my Squirt PS4. Usually though its just whatever folder I decide to carry and the ones on my keys.

usually 1
sometimes 2
maybe 3 if I get a keychain knife sometime in the future.

My normal EDC is 1 folder
sometimes if I take a big knife I will grab a smaller backup

Usually I have a small SAK or Camillus demo knife, for the can/bottle openers and pen knife work -- and then a larger traditional folder or small fixed blade (e.g. laguiole, Kabar Warthog II, BK24, bird & trout, etc.)

The little knives won'r do all the knife work I want. But I can't open a bottle or can with my bird and trout.

Both the SAK and Camillus have whistles attached for calling the dogs.

I carry one sub 3.5 inch knife everyday. I don't really understand the need to carry more than one especially if you're just a normal working class person (unless you carry a knife and a multi tool which makes more sense). As far as carrying an extra one for defence, if you feel that your daily commute may result in you having to defend your life, maybe it's time to re-evaluate a few things in your life.

5 at work 6 when I off work.
a small keychain swiss , a microtech socom -right pocket, spyderco police- vest pocket, Schrade 3 blade folder- left pocket, gerber multi tool belt left side, then off work add in the CAMILLUS TERZUOLA CUDA CQB1 FIXED BLADE.
that leaves room around the belt for cell phone pouch ,my mag pouch, flashlight and primary sidearm...... I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. there have been times I needed a bit of everything on me at one time.

excluding my EDC bag (which has a F1, a Leatherman, and an old 110 in it), I carry 3.... a 2-3" fixed blade, a SAK, and a 3-4" folder. that might seem extreme to some, but my thinking is that if I was somehow separated from my bag id still be fine.

I usually have a jack knife, a trapper or larger jack knife, a small fixed blade and a 3.5" one hand opener. I usually get by fine with the jack, which is usually either a barlow or a small boys knife from the GEC run, and the small fixed blade. I still carry a Remington peanut because it is gummint legal and doesn't scare the heck out of the non knife public. It was also a gift, and is neat because it is a single blade, most of the peanuts I've seen are two blade serpentine jacks.

I have the Remington peanut, either a single blade Charlow or single blade barehead jack Boys Knife, either a Tribal Spear or Tidioute single blade 73. One hand opener is either my Ritter Grip or large micarta Insingo. Fixed blade is my Gossman Kephart EDC, CPM154 blade.

I only carry 1 knife on my person. I keep one in my backpack and one in the glove box of my truck.

Back