I Spy

Interesting.

The '17-4 ph' is the spec for the liners on my LCC according to the MT website. Liners which are stated elsewhere as hardened stainless.

As for the 'chromed' issue, I don't have the 45 so I can't take another look. However,on mine they were not bead blast, they were definitely very shiney. Why would mine be different than Chuck's? beats me.

When the latch began catching between the handles I tried manipulating with more authority which resulted in some light finish damage which appeared to be sorta like crinkling or shifting of the finish, so I 'thought' they were lightly chromed. The only other detail I recall is that while the top surface of the latch was shiney, the sides were roughly machined, neither shiney nor blasted. Go figure.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gollnick:
spy1.JPG

spy2.JPG

</font>

We have to keep this alive.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"You are no more armed because you are wearing a pistol than you are a musician because you own a guitar." ~Jeff Cooper
And the same goes for a knife...
And, I'm a Usual Suspect.
Some of my Knives and other neat things

[This message has been edited by Don Rearic (edited 05-25-2001).]

I think that when it is mentioned that there is chrome in a steel, that is just one of the additives to the steel composition, along with molybdimum (sp?) and carbon, etc.

maybe I didn't read far enough earlier in this post. Was this something someone didn't get?
smile.gif

Chuck, you as giddy as a school boy, but seriously, I thank you for all the time that your putting into the advancement of new Balisongs. I have a few questions I would love if you could answer Chuck, cause you did handle them.

Are the latches made to easily be changed to Batangas, Manilla or Latchless?

Like you said, the pictures are not the best, and it is somewhat hard to tell, but what is the blade style? (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE say, Bowie, I want something other than Weehawks)

Thanks Chuck, any more info. on the release time???

Thanks,
mmtmatrix

The blade joints are not disassembable but are polished down like the old BMs.

The latch, on the other hand, is held with a torx screw and can be moved easily.

The blade is more of a utility. But, keep in mind that these are just prototypes. I'll find out more next week.

------------------
Chuck
Balisongs -- because it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!
http://www.balisongcollector.com

I personally don't care if they're just Utility, the description sounds smokin'!!!

Especially the latch being set up that way and hidden pins on the joints.

Let's get'er done...

Cool! Is that the Microtech model? The Tacyon?

------------------
Wayne.
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!

DROOL!

------------------
Wayne.
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!

Anything new as far as when we can get them?

------------------
Steve
(Third Mate...hired!)

Mmm'kay. What are you trying to say there, Don?

Chuck, I wish I had a mill to play with right now. Maybe in a couple of days. I'm going to be missing all the fun.

------------------
Steve
(Third Mate...hired!)

Oh Don, if the only new, its so close but so far away...

Soon - the past returns,
mmtmatrix

Balilover:As for $150 being too much, figure that Doc Martens boots cost in the $100-$200 range and seem to last forever, The average pair of sneakers costs $75-80 and only lasts about a year, a video game is around $50 and gets old in less than a year. You can also buy the cheap soda for about half price. No matter how much you save, you are still better off saving up more money and buying the best. You can always get some of your money back if you decide to sell the best, you're pretty much stuck with the cheap stuff.

me: I bought the doc martins. they are holding up great after a year. I also have a stainless china cheapy that I bought 2 years ago and have beat the living hell out of it, never re-pinning, and the handles have never busted. It sits in front of me as we speak(only because I can't flip while typing, i'll have to work on that
smile.gif
). I would love to see a 50-75 dollar bali, but fact remains, sometimes you can find a cheapy that will hold out.

just like my 13 dollar revival jeans from meijers
smile.gif

Could it be "I Spy-derco" The Spyderco bali? Just a guess? With a prefix like "Spy". it makes sense, or just too obvious.

------------------
"A true edge will not reflect light"

Back