I'd Buy a Knife Over a Gun

As I have aged, I only buy quality knives and guns. And I have accumulated plenty of both. Ammo as well. I think I am going to try trading ammo for knives.

For self defense, let's not kid ourselves: a gun is king.

To me, a knife is more of a tool that, as a last resort, might serve for self defense.

A knife is more concealable, better in hand to hand combat (obviously), it doesn't require bullets and anyone can use it effectively.

Not to mention its tool aspect is unlimited vs a gun (which has one use)

throughout history and in most real world situations a knife is a far superior weapon. Also on side note, knives cause more deaths and are far more lethal than bullets, just a fact.

Everyone has heard the saying "no one wins in a knife fight"

Guns are actually safer.

Feels like this thread needs more pictures tho

pWB5QM2.jpg

Vl3NWTk.jpg

1s2O9Wm.jpg

Gotta say, I appreciate your style :cool:

*image removed*

Last edited:
A knife is more concealable, better in hand to hand combat (obviously), it doesn't require bullets and anyone can use it effectively.

Not to mention its tool aspect is unlimited vs a gun (which has one use)

throughout history and in most real world situations a knife is a far superior weapon. Also on side note, knives cause more deaths and are far more lethal than bullets, just a fact.

Everyone has heard the saying "no one wins in a knife fight"

Guns are actually safer.
Oh my goodness. We have a mall ninja among us.

Please, put down your keyboard and drugs. We can still end this amicably.

Oh my goodness. We have a mall ninja among us.

Please, put down your keyboard and drugs. We can still end this amicably.

Mall ninja, really?

I can talk to numerous EMT workers and a few friends that served as field medics and they will tell you, you have a far better chance of survival with a clean bullet wound than a severe laceration.

"According to the FBI, only 10% of officers who were shot died from their wounds, whereas 30% of officers who were stabbed died from their wounds. The fact is, knives are deadlier. And that's just the first reason a knife can be more dangerous than a gun."

Besides, everyone who carries thinks they're invisible, its super funny.

I carry and I would never consider the gun to be the first or even the best option.

I agree that guns are very effective but again, they require ammo and knowledge of use, whereas anyone can pickup a knife or sharp object and in most cases depending on the wound location, cause a lot more damage quickly....which is why (again) its an all around better weapon.

Last edited:
Mall ninja, really?

I can talk to numerous EMT workers and a few friends that served as field medics and they will tell you, you have a far better chance of survival with a clean bullet wound than a severe laceration.

"According to the FBI, only 10% of officers who were shot died from their wounds, whereas 30% of officers who were stabbed died from their wounds. The fact is, knives are deadlier. And that's just the first reason a knife can be more dangerous than a gun."

I carry and I would never consider the gun to be the first or even the best option.

I agree that guns are very effective but again, they require ammo and knowledge of use, whereas anyone can pickup a knife or sharp object and in most cases depending on the wound location, cause a lot more damage quickly....which is why (again) its an all around better weapon.

I think he's just playing around with you, let's all relax.

Just like with firearms though, it's all about placement. Humans can absorb shocking amounts of punishment before expiring, this is true for gun shot wounds or stabbings. Only a central nervous system hit will get immediate results.

But I see your "point", for sure!

Our first line of defense should always be our situational awareness! Let's hope to always carry dead weight in our guns and just use our expensive OTF's to cut apples and mail, haha!

The fact is, UDIVER, that a laceration injury takes time to bleed out, and there is no hydrostatic shock. That's why bowhunters always ALWAYS have to track their prey. Gun hunters don't always.

It also explains why guns are harder to get than knives, and why criminals, police and military all prefer guns to knives.

Yes, a knife can be dangerous, and even more lethal. But not on the spot.

I would also bet that a gun can de-escalate a possible conflict in a way that a knife can't, especially in the case of inferior physique on the part of the weapon owner.

Please explain the lazer and mount, thanks

All novelty. They were just options that were available at the time on the NAA website after I picked up the gun. One of those silly "oh, I gotta get one of those" moments. The bayonet obviously worthless beyond the photoshoot. But the laser sight is actually helpful when shooting something with such a small sight radius, and a one finger grip.

I think we've put hundreds of rounds through that little thing. Once again mostly for the novelty. If it came out as a conversation piece with visiting friends or family, of course they'd want to try it out. So we'd hit the basement and little 22 trap. Lot-o-fun. Many of the rounds were either Shorts, or Primer Only rounds.

Mall ninja, really?

You can't kill someone from 500 yards away with a knife. You can't kill someone, as fast with a knife. You can't kill multiple people as easily with a knife. Why we are pulling up statistics, can you look up how many knife vs gun kills were recorded in Iraq and Afghanistan? This thread isn't about which is a more effective weapon, I thought that was common knowledge... :rolleyes:

Interesting thread. Both have their specialized uses for the most part. Which do you prefer/ find more useful? A hammer, screwdriver, saw? Which is the better golf ball, tennis ball, bowling ball?
I love and enjoy both, appreciate them for their specific needs and utility. You will most likely use a knife way more than you will a gun. But in an untenable situation of impending peril from either two or four legged aggression....... on the other hand guns are terrible at opening packages or spreading peanut butter.

you only need a few of each. Quality over quantity.

If we all had Bruce Lee's discipline...we'd really only have one of each.

" I do not fear the man who practices 10,000 kicks once. I fear the man who practices 1 kick 10,000 times...."
Quoted for truth! Well said brother

You won't be able to own a gun soon, I'd buy the knife.

This country has more guns in the hands of civilians than the entire world's militaries combined. It has ~400x as many guns as all the police departments combined. This line has always been a political scare tactic. Remember when that one president took everyone's guns? Me neither. It's possible to fight for rights without lying to ourselves.

This country has more guns in the hands of civilians than the entire world's militaries combined. It has ~400x as many guns as all the police departments combined. This line has always been a political scare tactic. Remember when that one president took everyone's guns? Me neither. It's possible to fight for rights without lying to ourselves.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back