Off Topic If you could have any car (just for fun disucssion)??

BOSS1

Gold Member
Greetings,

Imagine if you will, you could walk onto any car lot in the world, at any time (yes, Doc Brown will give you a lift in a time-traveling Delorean) and pick out any road vehicle (car, truck, motorcycle) , brand new, for free, with free lifetime gas and bumper-to-bumper maintenance.

What would you get? No or any reason needed. The only caveat is you're not getting it to re-sell for profit...you're getting it to DRIVE (hence the lifetime gas/maintenance).

Me...so many come to mind...the old school 426 Hemi 'Cudas, 427 Camaros, 454 Chevelle, 1987 Buick GNX, '63 Split-Window 'Vette, the newer incarnations, BMW M-cars, etc.

With all the choices, I have to admit, just for flat out all bad-a$$ cool (and since I wouldn't have to pay for maintaining it), 2018 Aston Martin Vanquish-S. 2018 BMW M-5 (0-60 in 2.8 sec!) would be a very close second.

What say you??

BOSS

Last edited:
Oh man. Tough choice. I’ve always loved Ferrari’s. So maybe one of those new 468’s I think. But would be a tough choice. Others on the short list include 2004 or 2018 Ford GT, McLaren F1, Lamborghini countach (yeah I’m an 80’s kid), original 427 cobra, 72 big block Camaro. Hmm. That’s unattainables.

But, one of my all time favorite cars is a 1933 ford street rod. So I’m doing it myself. Doesn’t really qualify per your rules but had to show lol
PLUGU7V.jpg

Easy. Mercedes G 6x6. I love the Geländewagen, I love portal axles, and the 6x6 is even cooler than the G 4x4 square

32058868vl.jpeg

My absolutely favourite of all time grail car........Group B Ferrari 288GTO (being driven the way it was intended!):)

Ferrari 812 Superfast

Make mine Rosso Scuderia with Cuoio Leather.

Build your own!

ferrari-812-superfast-rear.jpg

best

mqqn

Last edited:
1st choice
Honda RC213V-3 Never going to find better than this (of course with full Hp)
hero-retina.jpg

2nd choice for nostalgia Honda RC30
59388d3ddc7e403f59d179e141b3a400b521dda3_xlarge.jpg

4 Wheel choice, the Lancia Stratos; the world's best go-cart
thumb-1920-379897.jpg

Semi practial choice; Ford Focus RS (blue of course)
Car-052517-REV-17FocusRS-2160x1140.jpg

Green save the planet option 918, Martini livery of course
2014-Porsche-918-Spyder-Martini-Racing-at-Valencia.jpg

Nissan R35 gt-r

Was hoping they would have released an r36 by now but that may not show its head until 2020 and may be all electric or hybrid which may take the appeal of the gtr away. The r35 is now old and been on the market for far too long. The new refresh is nice but still the base of it is almost exactly the same under the skin.

Other than that the new Ford GT is pretty interesting. Gotta love the newer McLarens too. Though the original f1 McLaren is a favorite too.

Pre-'98 Toyota Land Cruiser J80.

1994-land-cruiser-675x450.jpg

I'd have gone with something like the Porsche 918 or a Mclaren but, If I'm going to sit in rush hour traffic, I'd like to be comfortable :p. I wouldn't mind having something that can handle everything from Michigan potholes (they eat cars) to mud roads of Kenya to mountain roads to sand dunes to snow and ice too.

I must be weird, or a redneck hillbilly from WV. :thumbsup: How about either a 69 Z28,(Hugger orange) a 69 Chevelle SS 396, or a 67 GTO Tri Power? (3 carbs)
Maybe some power steering and brakes?

Without giving it a lot more thought, a Tesla S. 2.5 second 0-60 with 4 doors and a good sized trunk! I've heard they handle well too.

I'd love a 1970 Plymouth Belvidere roadrunner
,Lime light green exterior with black interior and a 426 Hemi.

Gotta go old school American muscle 'cause they just don't make 'em like they used to.

Last edited:
The latest Aston Martin GTE
DPKdGMsXkAYIuJY.jpg

This one was my favourite for a long time.
gte-success-2017.jpg

The lotus is pretty sweet too
hqdefault.jpg

lotus-elise-motorsport.jpg

Lotus 88 banned f1 car (too fast around corners)

Last edited:
Well you know me, or maybe you don't, I ride a bicycle to work so . . .
I would want a tandem like this.
tmcirctand.JPG

No but seriously. Long, long ago, when I wasn't ancient like I am now, I once decided I wanted a wire wheel sports car. I stopped in the library and searched out photos of wire wheel sports cars on the computer (that was before I had a computer; before most people had a computer).
I found just what I had in mind . . . BAM THAT'S IT !
I then looked up the going price for said dream boat . . . I sat there for a while with my mind blank before moving on . . . I was looking at $1,000,000.
Piss.
Now . . . oh now . . . last I looked years ago about three times that. I mean they only made 49 of them or there a bouts.
I still want one though and you can have the free maintenance I want to have the time to do all the work my self.
I was talking to my friend one day and I said "Working on another Ferrari I see." In his super slow way of talking he said "Yeeeeeeaaaaah . . . if I were ever to be stranded on a desert island I would want one of these . . . then I would always have something to do."
I still want one.
Red of course but I only have this silver one to post right now.
Ferrari 250 GTO
IMG_0030.JPG

Besides I'm a sucker for wrinkle finished stuff like the valve covers.
IMG_0028.JPG

Something similar to this. A classic long bed truck.
945d4bada511313000e205a1deaf0c8e.jpg

It would have to be a classic long bed crew cab pick up truck. I only like trucks and don’t have any use for a regular car. I remember when my truck broke down and I had to drive a regular car to work everyday it sucked so bad, I just don’t like vehicles that are not trucks, it’s just a personal preference for my vehicle needs and wants.

Wowbagger Wowbagger -
There was a fellow who used to bring his 250 to the Vintage Races at Road America, and would drive it around Elkhart Lake during the event.
DSC03629.JPG

DSC03632.JPG

Steven65 Steven65 - And another fellow had a 288
DSC03645.JPG

best

mqqn

Would this be my only vehicle? If so probably something like a Ford Raptor, since I do need a truck and I live where it snows (apparently year round, based upon looking out my f&*$ window this morning).

If not, maybe an early '90s Chevy Impala SS (with a modern drivetrain-the new Camaro or Corvette engine with the 10 speed auto).

In black of course. I loved the looks of those cars. I remember from the car magazines a headline "Mr. Vader, your car is ready!"

Back