1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

If you could only have 1

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by luethge, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Kenneth F Huls

Kenneth F Huls Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 11, 2012
    IMG_1089.jpeg Finally. My trio of "ones!"

2. luethge

luethge Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2017
  3. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    luethge likes this.
  4. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    That just made my day! :thumbsup::cool:

5. Gress

Gress

Feb 8, 2009
    Quite a few I have and had were thicker or thinner, larger or smaller, all were more expensive and some up to 7x more, but the one to keep, if only one it is, would be my Infidu. Optimal size, shape and handle for me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ipal, Kenneth F Huls, lmcq784 and 5 others like this.
  6. WatermanChris

Aug 30, 2018
    The Infidu punches well above its weight. I love mine so much I just ordered 2 more in Full Flat Grind. Mine is under the seat of my truck next to the G19. Not too much I can't accomplish with those 2 but I've always got a large Busse on standby just in case. Until Friday, it was the Battle Saw but it's currently the FFBM while the shop fixes up the Saw. I put some nicks in the edge while working on some irrigation. Damn rocks in the soil sand.

7. Gress

Gress

Feb 8, 2009
    I hear you. I also like a bigger ones, like those
    [​IMG]

wich go well with .50GI :)
    [​IMG]

Cobalt, WatermanChris, willic and 2 others like this.
  8. MtnHawk1

MtnHawk1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 22, 2019
    Wow, some great looking knives here, some of the best I've ever seen, made even better by great quality!

If only one I'd easily go with my Battle Rat. Love the Resiprene C handle. But I don't think I could resist a big Busse chopper in INFI if I run across the right one.

luethge likes this.
  9. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    By "one" you mean one small, one medium, and one large; right?

Right?

MtnHawk1, duramax and luethge like this.
  10. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    Nah, I think he means one of each model, one Steel Heart, one Battle Mistress and so on.
    It's going to be tough to narrow it down that much. ;):D

11. nemesis

nemesis Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 5, 2005
    I don’t think there will ever be a knife from Busse or anyone else that will knock my HG55 LE out of this spot.
    [​IMG]

12. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    Ah, HG55 . . . I used to need one soooooo badly. . . seeing yours, perhaps I still do!

Nemesis, I gotta say, I don't first think HG55 when processing game. In fact, when visualizing the 55, I naturally think of another blood rendering activity. Come to think of it, same for the RMJ.
    . . . I hesitate to even ask . . . . :oops:

13. littlehoot

Mar 7, 2015
    My mistake!

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    very nice!!!!!!!

15. WatermanChris

Aug 30, 2018
    Let's see em, Cobalt!

Cobalt likes this.
  16. nemesis

nemesis Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 5, 2005
    The hg55 is actually a great skinning knife, I used to use the RMJ for sternums but as my skills have been refined I have gotten to where I use the hg55 for that too, the RMJ still comes in handy on bone and around camp, this photo is a few years old now, it was the RMJ’s first season, has quite a bit more wear now but it will be going strong for years, as will the hg55, other knives have came and went but the hg55 has had a home since day one and will be around as long as I am

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    [​IMG]

clifs knife
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. littlehoot

Mar 7, 2015
    Bring our yer shbm, indeed.

WatermanChris and Cobalt like this.
  19. luethge

luethge Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2017
    FA0E859F-2FF8-491A-B039-BAAF13DACE28.jpeg

This might be adequate for “only one” (ashbm).

I’d still choose the NMSFNO though.

MR HAPPY, WatermanChris and Cobalt like this.
  20. dbltap45acp

dbltap45acp

Dec 19, 2008
    It’s a toss up between the basic 11 or 1/300 SHBM

luethge, WatermanChris and Cobalt like this.