If you could only have 1

I used to think it was my ASH 2 but then I got this REK'ed TGLB and it's now my new "If only one" knife. It should do everything that needs done that a situation where I can only grab one would be called for it to do: deer processing, wood prep, fighting, prying, etc. It won't do big wood prep, but that's why I carry a Silky Gomboy folding saw in each of my bags.

20190725_093253 (2).jpg

Took it out to hang trail cameras and clear shooting lanes for the upcoming bow season. Love this knife.

20190825_151508 (2).jpg

Last edited:
If Jerry makes it...... 'the One' for me will be the 10" Jack Hammer

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/10-bladed-jackhammer.1525782/page-77#post-19209981

Jack%20Hammer%2010%20Inch-X3.jpg

I would have to choose one of the Boss Street variants or Park Ranger models. They are perfect edc size and something I could legitimately use all the time. I don't live in the middle of the woods, so I don't need something hefty. Just need something I can wear on my belt that is small enough to hide under my t-shirt.

#85 has been with me every single day since delivery from the epic B8LE thread request and order fulfillment :thumbsup:...

that is besides when I-- immediately after delivery-- sent her over the mountain to get REK'd @razor-edge-knives for a couple weeks...
ZfFI9vo.jpg

2EHE7sX.jpg

IONd0NZ.jpg

43ievIO.jpg

fehtXhf.jpg

oQGHPZD.jpg

she's with me every hike and riding shotgun every mile I ride in my Tacoma, so I guess, if there's gotta be one, it's her :)
HPnoBZk.jpg

soakin in some late winter sun with her Res C sisters a few years back...
BDRq7cm.jpg

H49SGgW.jpg

#85 has been with me every single day since delivery from the epic B8LE thread request and order fulfillment :thumbsup:...

that is besides when I-- immediately after delivery-- sent her over the mountain to get REK'd @razor-edge-knives for a couple weeks...
ZfFI9vo.jpg

2EHE7sX.jpg

IONd0NZ.jpg

43ievIO.jpg

fehtXhf.jpg

oQGHPZD.jpg

she's with me every hike and riding shotgun every mile I ride in my Tacoma, so I guess, if there's gotta be one, it's her :)
HPnoBZk.jpg

soakin in some late winter sun with her Res C sisters a few years back...
BDRq7cm.jpg

H49SGgW.jpg

I know I've been threatening to have your mods copied for a while, but now that you posted pics of your design notes, I'm seriously going to just send a link to this post to Josh along with my B8LE. :p

it will be the old school Hellrazor for me

A solid choice there, ipal. Solid.

IF I had a Mud Razor, perhaps my ASH-1('s) would have to step up their game(s) some. Possibly look over their shoulders now and then, ya know? But seein' as I don't actually have a MR, their primacy would be safe.

That SOB is amazing!

luethge: Very kind of you to mention her and even kinder to use such an adjective. I thank you.

Bought the Prototype and upon handling I liked it but didn't like it - you know? I thought about it a lot before I started slow grinding her. No such hesitation with the sandpaper, though! The "brickwork" texture was not my cup of tea at all. So I started right in on my home hand-shaping job as per usual. I like my handles a good bit thinner than Busse seems to like them, which is odd as I am not small at 6'3" etc, but there you are. THIS handle job ended up different, though. Not only did I thin the scales and deepen the contours, but the huge, fat "belly" on the SOB handle was not working, either, so I ground her way back to "normal" as well.

Unable to control myself, I wanted to "match" the Badger as a pairing to my Skinny ASH, which was also black Micarta and of similar finish with a "pretty decarb," :))) so I ground the pommel to match the ASH-1's pommel, too. I then ground in a full "user's choil" to match the ASH-1 there as well, and finally ground in a thumb rest, which I had also added to my Skinny ASH-1. A good bit of work, and of course I have destroyed the warranty, but I love her now, feel like she is perhaps unique, and I have bonded with the knife as one only can via modding. Thanks again! I will try to post a pic of the SOB and the Skinny together.

Back