If you could only have ONE knife to survive with...

ESEE 6, does many things well (small and large tasks), light weight.

1019480695_4i3wb-L.jpg

I have this knife ( an Esee) I bought it for the "only carry one" scenario. When that happens , I'll never know as I'm always packing a few!
Seriously , If I'm tight on space or in a hurry , I'll grab the 6S. Those of us in the know are aware that Esee serrations are not run-of-the-mill. If I'm not sure what I'm going to be cutting , the 6 will cover most bases. Those serrations make wicked fire-fuzzies and cut through crap like hoses ,belts , rope and strapping like no problem. There easy to sharpen on a flat stone also.
No problems batonning either. I just ignore the serrations and wack away. Works just as good as my 6 PE in that dept. I didn't have any Esee serrated blades in the pot , so I bought this 6 and am really getting to like it for a do-all knife. Definately a good candidate for one blade mission.:thumbup:

i'm guessing that may be because you never held jessica biel in your hands. you'd forget that five real quick.

I always say the 4 is the best survival knife on the planet, because you can EDC it and you never know when you might find yourself in a survival situation, so a knife you'll have on you all the time is the best knife.

but if I knew I was going into a survival situation, probably the 6 because it's a much better chopper. If there's anything I learned from the survival contest, it's that there is a lot of chopping involved in survival.

I can't say for Jerry but most knives (ours included) are using a baked on powder coating and no danger from the knife being used for food prep. We have a LOT of folks using the knifves for food prep, some high end chefs too no less, and no problems. I did some research with Shermin Williams Co. (manufacturer of the coating on ours) and no flags from them either. I am guessing that it probably would not be safe for anyone to drink a bucket of the raw powder from which the coating is made but clearly in the form it is used on the finished product we know of no ill effects.

If i can only have one knife, I want it to have a coating, preferably toxic. Because if I can only have one knife, I don't want to live very much longer. :D

OH, and my choice would probably be a 12" ontario machete.

Yes! Jessica Biel and whatever knife she has ... butter knife, plastic knife...who cares at that point

If I have Jessica Biel with me, I'm gonna have enough "wood" to cut anything I need to. OH, and she would eliminate my concerns with only having one knife.

I like my ESEE 5 alot, but would definitely pick my BUSSE FBM.. the more blade the better. Or any Machete that I could get my hands on.

I would have to say the 5 also. but I'm probably going to be carrying a 3 or a HEST on a normal day plus the folders in each pocket and the Microtech Ti card in my wallet, etc.

Back