If you had to choose one

Which SAK would be your favorite and which would be the most useful to you? I learned about how much people use the opinel in my last posts and I was doing some looking around more since I don't get paid until Friday and I discovered the Vic huntsman 2 and now I'm leaning towards a SAK. I ha one as a kid but didn't appreciate it at all. Now I think I'll cherish one and I know I'll take care of and use it. But I wonder how muh people use them on a daily basis. Any input is greatly appreciated

I've just been carrying leathermans for the last year but if I had to pick a SAK it would be the Vic Ranger.

I always thought it would be a draw between the Electrician and Pioneer. But I need the philips screwdriver sometimes

... so for me - the Pioneer wins. But it is still very close ... ;)

If I were walking out my door for the last time in a long while, I think my old Wenger SI would be with me. I've had it for so long and it's always been kind of a fall back/reset pocket tool for me, I don't think I coulld leave it behind. I love the simple scout knife set up on it.

Because of local regulations, I pretty well am limited to SAKs most of the time. Very often its an explorer, sometimes huntsman, sometimes farmer. I've also carried a climber a lot.
The main thing would be to decide if you want a philips screwdriver or a corkscrew(and mini screwdriver) and go from there. I like having scissors in urban environments and a saw when in the woods, and prefer a second blade to a nail file. Once you've got that, you'll find one that fits you.

That's a tough question because it depends on what a person does in life. My suggestion would be to either:

1. Get a Swisschamp. That's all I carried for years, during which I used every implement on it except for the small backspacing mounted screwdriver. Anything that isn't on the S'champ,, you don't need.

2. Super Tinker has the basics and still pocketable.

3. Regular Tinker supplemented with a Leatherman Micra, a combo I especially like to foist off on people. :)

As much as I love ALOX, if I had to choose just one, I'd need versatility, so probably a Swiss Champ.

SwissChampSaturday_zpse15f87b4.jpg

For me it would have to be the pioneer simply due to the fact it's my most carried. Perfect urban carry, stout knife but still very pocketable.

I'd say best plan of action would be to hit up a store and get few in hand. See how many layers you would be willing to carry on your person on a daily basis and then visit SAKWIKI and compare the available configurations in that layer size. I really enjoy 2 layers: Spartan, Pioneer, Sportsman, Tourist, Compact etc...

Realistically though... If you buy a Sak and carry/use it.. You will buy more than 1 ;) Sometimes maybe 10 or more!

Farmer. While I love the slimness of the Pioneer, the saw's usefulness outweighs the added width and weight.

As mentioned above, it is going to vary person to person according to need.

Many find just one won't do and combine their main carry with a Minichamp, Rambler, Classic. Etc.

But most sensible people such as myself, find the alox electrician is the obvious best choice. Lol. :D

If I could only have one it would be the camper, with the added mini screwdriver in the corkscrew and a needle in the hole behind the corkscrew. Plus a classic/rambler for the scissors and file, or leatherman squirt ps4 for the addition of pliers.
To me the camper and/or combo above packs the most punch and is still comfortable in pants front pockets

I like my 4 layer Officier but if I carried something else it has to have a phillips head and scissors besides a flat blade and knife

Back