I'm Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m glad you’re on the path to recovery, I was also getting scared for a little bit. I know more than a few people that have died of covid. It’s not the flu, it’s a killer.

Give yourself time to heal. Take your meds, eat well, and stay hydrated. Get plenty of rest too. If you need anything dm me. :thumbsup:

As you shared your story here, consider sharing it far and wide. I wish more people grasped how dangerous this pandemic is. It’s heartbreaking how many families have been affected. As we get closer to the holiday season, I really wish the suffering would end.

Stay safe everyone! Feel better, Dubz!

damn! glad you're alright and on your way to recovery! now that you're immune (i think) time to party like it's 1999 :)

Damn brother, you had a few of us here a little worried. So glad you’re both on the road to recovery. Maybe next time you’ll think twice before licking doorknobs...

In all seriousness, crazy that you were taking precautions and still got tagged. Rest up; hope you heal up and get off the O2 soon.

I'm super happy you're able to share an update yourself but man it sucks to hear what you went through. Hopefully you can skip the oxygen too rather soon, and be back upon your feet doing whatever TheWarrior does. Take care, rest, and get well soon!

I suppose your wife had a less severe reaction to covid than you did? Hope she's doing good too man.

Good to have you back. That is quite a scary bug. Staying vigilant over such a long time is very hard and one slip can actually be fatal... I wish you a speedy recovery and take it easy! All the best to you and your family from Germany!

Jeesh brother, I’m really sorry that you’re sick but I’m glad to hear that you’re at least on the mend. COVID is not a joke. Smoke and prayers that you’ll get through it all without any long term problems. Lay low, get healthy, and thank your lucky stars for that awesome wife of yours.

Wow man, sounds like a rough time. Glad you are getting better! Praying for a full and speedy recovery!

Sounds like you hd a rough time and nothing wanted to break your way. Glad to hear that youre doing better. Hope it stays behind you and you can move forward.

damn! glad you're alright and on your way to recovery! now that you're immune (i think) time to party like it's 1999 :)
Not immune at all. Anyone can get it after healing I found at. I still need to wear my mask and be vigilant.

The doctors were telling me how wicked this crap is. People, including me, had no idea. There's a crap ton of beds being used for COVID patients alone. It has the hospitals up and running for sure. Under staffed, of course.

I've been saying for a while now that the people who are living in denial about the reality of COVID-19 are just those who have not gotten it yet, or not known of a friend or family member who has. It's the great equalizer. My doctor told me he has seen not one patient who has COVID present with the same symptoms...it's the most baffling virus he has ever experienced in his thirty years of medical practice.

I've been saying for a while now that the people who are living in denial about the reality of COVID-19 are just those who have not gotten it yet, or not known of a friend or family member who has. It's the great equalizer. My doctor told me he has seen not one patient who has COVID present with the same symptoms...it's the most baffling virus he has ever experienced in his thirty years of medical practice.
The doctor was just telling me the same thing. They know so little about it. It seems to come back in different forms and strike again. Scary stuff. He was also telling me about genetics, striking different family members in different ways. Like I said, my brother tested positive, and didn't even know he had anything.

Glad they let you out of the hospital so quickly (relatively). I know of folks who had to spend literally MONTHS on a ventilator.

You got it several days before you started showing any symptoms. If you'd been careful with mask wearing and crowd exposures, then you most likely picked it up via "hand contamination", touching someone or something that was contaminated and touched your mouth or nose or even your eyes with the contaminated hand/finger.

I decon my hands (and any surfaces I touch getting in the vehicle - door pull, steering wheel, gear shift, my keys) using chlorox wipes on re-entering my vehicle, decon my credit/debit cards after handing them to a drive thru cashier, wipe down all groceries with 10-1 water/bleach ratio solution after I bring them home from curbside pick-ups at Wally World or HEB (Texas chain), etc. I put the mail in a box in the garage for 48 hours before opening it and decon my hands after handling the mail and the mailbox.

Since my 84 y.o. mother lives with me and is a double high-risk category, I've been super-AR about deconning everything and going only where is necessary.

I will be praying for you brother in my morning and evening prayers. I'm asking God to give you peace, strength, and joy, in the midst of sorrow and upset. I'm glad you have taken a turn for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back