I'm Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering what the policy at your work was? Some get told they must have a negative test to return but I also know some who have been told by their Dr. that they will test positive for 3 months anyway so if they have been symptom free for 7 days they can go back to work. I know several places have changed their stance on it but it's confusing to say the least.
I told my boss the other day I was worried about losing my job, but she assured me I had nothing to worry about, that she wanted me healed when I came back. I don't think my workplace qualifies for the 80 hours of covid pay from the government, as out business is too large. I do, however, qualify for temporary disability, which pays 60%. Not much perhaps, but better than nothing coming in. I do worry about a week stay worth of hospital bills, but my insurance will cover most of it.

Good to see you back buddy!
Thanks brother, appreciate it.

Thanks man, appreciate it.

I'm pretty new here and I don't know you, but I'm still glad you're doing better everyday. One of my friends caught it in April, didn't go to the hospital but still had a pretty bad fever, and even without having symptoms as severe as you had, he's still often struggling to catch his breath with minor efforts (while he's a super strong and sportive guy). I really hope you'll get out of it soon. One thing that apparently helps him a lot with the recovery is doing moderately demanding endurance exercise like hiking or biking. Maybe it can help you too when/if you don't need extra oxygen.
Take care of yourself man!

Policies at work are all over the place and it's very frustrating for the staff.
Yeah, it does suck.
I'm pretty new here and I don't know you, but I'm still glad you're doing better everyday. One of my friends caught it in April, didn't go to the hospital but still had a pretty bad fever, and even without having symptoms as severe as you had, he's still often struggling to catch his breath with minor efforts (while he's a super strong and sportive guy). I really hope you'll get out of it soon. One thing that apparently helps him a lot with the recovery is doing moderately demanding endurance exercise like hiking or biking. Maybe it can help you too when/if you don't need extra oxygen.
Take care of yourself man!
Thanks man, appreciate it. Hope your friend keeps improving. I was exercising yesterday, including some jumping jacks. The doctor told me many times in the hospital that exercising physically, and doing my breath exercises are what will make a difference.

On a side note, my wife returned to work today. She's been off with it too. It seems a little weird her not being here.

I donโ€™t know how I missed all of this. Work has been super busy but bladeforums is my guilty pleasure. So thatโ€™s no excuse.

Anyway Iโ€™m glad you are on the mend and Iโ€™ll add you to my prayer list for complete healing.

Last edited:
Thanks brother, appreciate it.

Yesterday was the first day I went the whole day without O2. I monitored myself all day long, and the oximeter was registering 94-96%. My best day yet. Ran a fever a few times since Saturday, the highest 99.5ยฐ. I had two different nurses call me back, and said they didn't really consider it a fever until it hit 100.5ยฐ. I still have a bit of a concern though, because we get our temps taken every morning at work, and if it's high, they immediately send you home. Both nurses told me the same thing, to not worry about work, and heal completely before returning.

Take it day by day, Dubz. The steady progress youโ€™re making is a wonderful thing. :thumbsup:
Fo sho.

I went a day and a half without oxygen, but hooked back up to it yesterday afternoon. My levels dropped again. This sure is some nasty sh*t. I was looking up about pneumonia yesterday, and it said it could take upwards of 6 months to heal. Not that I can't go to work before then, but still. Apparently there's 4 types. Hypoxia Pneumonia is what I have.

A guy from another forum was telling me he's had pneumonia twice, and to make sure I'm healed before returning to work, or I would regret it.

Fo sho.

I went a day and a half without oxygen, but hooked back up to it yesterday afternoon. My levels dropped again. This sure is some nasty sh*t. I was looking up about pneumonia yesterday, and it said it could take upwards of 6 months to heal. Not that I can't go to work before then, but still. Apparently there's 4 types. Hypoxia Pneumonia is what I have.

A guy from another forum was telling me he's had pneumonia twice, and to make sure I'm healed before returning to work, or I would regret it.

Man, pneumonia is no joke either, I got a mild case as a result of the flu I got in December last year and it kept me feeling super weak and cough-ridden for weeks afterwards. I was taking naps during my workdays just to rest up, and that just never happens to me.

Sounds like you're healing but don't push yourself, last thing to do is go back to work before you're healed and reaggravate anything.

I hear that. Having another good day thus far. Not near as much coughing as yesterday. You have no idea how sore my stomach muscles are from coughing. Back hurts like hell because my lungs are healing up, etc. You are correct, pneumonia is no joke.

Tried calling the doctor yesterday, but they were closed for the holiday. A nurse from the hospital did call me as a follow up, and she it sounds like I shouldn't go back yet. I agree. Like KingMC said above, it could reaggravate it, and that's the last thing I want. My mom was telling me a few days ago, that I got pneumonia as a baby, before I was one, so I guess I've had it before. I had no idea.

Tried calling the doctor yesterday, but they were closed for the holiday. A nurse from the hospital did call me as a follow up, and she said it sounds like I shouldn't go back yet. I agree. Like KingMC said above, it could reaggravate it, and that's the last thing I want. My mom was telling me a few days ago, that I got pneumonia as a baby, before I was one, so I guess I've had it before. I had no idea.

Last edited:
I had a really bad case of walking (mycoplasma) pneumonia back in college (Nov 93) - didn't know I had it, never ran an appreciable fever, I was just exhausted all the time -- by the time I went to the doc, I was so full up, he said if I had waited 3 more days I'd have just gone to sleep.
took a couple months before I had all my energy back and I was real susceptible to bronchitis for the next 5 years.

It sure is some bad sh*t.

Glad to hear you are on the mend. I work as a nurse in a rural community health center. We have seen an increase in the last 3 weeks. There are still many in our community that want to pretend it is not any worse than the flu.

Thanks Don, appreciate it. I was one of those who thought it wasn't anything beyond a normal flu. Man, was I ever wrong.

I have to call the doctor today, to see what he thinks about me returning to work. I think he's gonna make me stay home still personally, but I could be wrong.

Got a call from the doc today. He still wants me to stay home. Said that as long as I'm coughing, I'm contagious, but also, as long as I have pneumonia, more susceptible to getting covid again. No thanks, don't want to go through that again.

Glad to hear your levels are starting to stay up without the oxygen hooked up.

It definitely isn't something to take lightly. Good to hear your wife is getting back to normal hopefully you won't be far behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back