I'm Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found out my cousin and his wife have tested positive. She’s fine, he’s hurting. What a hell of a thing.

Glad to hear your levels are starting to stay up without the oxygen hooked up.

It definitely isn't something to take lightly. Good to hear your wife is getting back to normal hopefully you won't be far behind.
I got a little worried this morning. Put the gadget on my finger, and it read 74%. From what I've read, 94% and above are normal oxygen saturation levels, and below 80% can cause brain damage. The doctor told me with covid, they've had people walk through the door with levels in the 50's, with no apparent side effects. Definitely some strange stuff. I hooked up to my oxygen machine, and literally three minutes later it was 97%. I personally think it was just a fluke with the oximeter.

Just found out my cousin and his wife have tested positive. She’s fine, he’s hurting. What a hell of a thing.
That's the way it's been with us too. Wife got very sick like me, just without the pneumonia. She missed two weeks of work. My brother, his wife and daughter had it, and they couldn't even tell. I'll be so glad when my pneumonia heals. This crap sucks.

I got a little worried this morning. Put the gadget on my finger, and it read 74%. From what I've read, 94% and above are normal oxygen saturation levels, and below 80% can cause brain damage. The doctor told me with covid, they've had people walk through the door with levels in the 50's, with no apparent side effects. Definitely some strange stuff. I hooked up to my oxygen machine, and literally three minutes later it was 97%. I personally think it was just a fluke with the oximeter.

That's the way it's been with us too. Wife got very sick like me, just without the pneumonia. She missed two weeks of work. My brother, his wife and daughter had it, and they couldn't even tell. I'll be so glad when my pneumonia heals. This crap sucks.

Hopefully it wont be too far away when you can look back at this as a distant memory.

Hopefully it wont be too far away when you can look back at this as a distant memory.
Thanks man. This double pneumonia is taking a long time to heal.

Well that must be terrifying. Though I think that's consistent with what we know about covid - that it's not so much a lung disease as it is a vascular disease, which would account for the wide-ranging symptoms. If it's affecting the small blood vessels down in your fingers where the meter goes, the meter will read what it sees there, but may not be a good proxy for what's happening in the rest of your body/heart/brain/larger-vessels.

-E

Well that must be terrifying. Though I think that's consistent with what we know about covid - that it's not so much a lung disease as it is a vascular disease, which would account for the wide-ranging symptoms. If it's affecting the small blood vessels down in your fingers where the meter goes, the meter will read what it sees there, but may not be a good proxy for what's happening in the rest of your body/heart/brain/larger-vessels.

-E
I think the 74% was just a fluke, as I said. If it was right, that's the first time that has happened. It drops down to 89% on occasion, mostly in the morning. Not really sure why, unless it's because my lungs are more compressed laying on my side. Also, my lungs feel like I'm breathing through a damp sponge in the morning. I can actually hear it. Normally just while in bed, but yesterday I could hear it occasionally through out the day.

I sure do hope I get to go to work Monday. This sitting around crap is for the birds.

Sounds utterly miserable, and that's from someone familiar with asthma.

That bug is a tenacious one... Glad you're on the mend.
I will not risk go to my family over Christmas as my father is now quite frail...

Thanks guys. Sure seems like a long road, and I'm not in the clear yet. The doctors office wants to do a video chat via phone Monday, since I can't go there.

I’ll give you the same advice my wife gave me during chemo. She was a college rugby player and she told me to put my head down and keep plowing forward. Being sick sucks, but staying alive doesn’t. Head down, plow forward my friend.
Good advice my friend, appreciate it. I'm just not used to being sick. I rarely ever am.

Haven't been sleeping much at all. Two nights ago I slept for an hour, and about four hours last night.

That sucks. The virus and your meds are probably messing with your system. Stay hydrated. Hopefully, all this will run its course soon and you’ll be back to normal.

That sucks. The virus and your meds are probably messing with your system. Stay hydrated. Hopefully, all this will run its course soon and you’ll be back to normal.
I haven't taken any meds since I've been home from the hospital, other than a very rare occasion Tylenol. I was wide awake again last night, staying up until 2 a.m. That said, I did sleep until 7 a.m.

Got to talk to my doctor today. Usually I talk to a nurse, that relays the info. Still wants me to stay home. Doesn't feel like I'm a threat to spread pneumonia anymore, but because I still have my cough, and because my oxygen levels still dip on occasion, I'm "extremely" susceptible to getting sick again. I didn't realize it, but my doctor told me I was very close to getting placed on the ventilator in the hospital. Also, although he's had several covid patients, he said he has 4 that got it bad, me being the worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back