Impinda slipjoint... as I see it (after 2 months of field use)

You present and describe a compelling little handful of an EDC :thumbsup: Quite a price tag to give me pause, however. I don't deny the value but just that it tempers my enthusiasm, without getting a chance to have it in hand first.

You got my attention though. :)

Ray

Still very often on my pocket :)

IMG_8466.JPG

Great and comprehensive review. I also may have to pick up a nice user down the road. One more to get. Thanks.

When this came out I was not interested. Lots of chatter about it being plain and boring – which is not a concern. I don't prefer flashy. I like the simple CRK designs, but this didn't excite me at all. Similar to my reaction to the Benchmade proper. Didn't have any interest in it until I handled one. I got to see one of these at Blade West.... well, not I am interested. It was a very interesting knife. I'll need to add one in the near future.

I see it on BladeHQ now. Blade length is 3.2"
Yeah, but the cutting edge doesn’t exceed 3” so that makes it legal in a lot of places. Like UK, as the law mentions precisely just ‚edge’ not blade. Anyway, with 3 inch(ish) blade it’s legal in most EU countries. Since I travel a lot - it’s perfect for my needs. But, still, locally in Poland I can carry around pretty much any knife :)

I completely get where you and even CRK are coming from. However....

Distinguishing that and trying to explain the difference to the people that matter in these instances is not an easy task. I once had a friendly conversation on this exact subject. Even tho my response on the matter made total logical sense to that person, I was called a "smart guy" to put it politely. Most won't stop to hear the differentiation. "If it measures over 3 it's over 3 they said"

If its at 3 inches or under it is cut and dry. No need for explanation, no reasoning, less hassle if someone is ever to encounter that scenario. I'm just looking at the big picture and simplifying it. Still a great knife and love your feedback especially when it includes pictures. ;)

The word on Facebook is the first production batch is shipping today. :)

That's an authorized dealer.
I know and I have purchased from them before but didn’t know if it was okay to name them in a post... I just wanted to give people the heads up that they are available.
I plan on picking one up as soon as eBay runs another coupon.

Finally got the call— mine is shipping tomorrow (15-Nov). Should see the brown truck before Thanksgiving.

My on-line order date was 3-June 2018.

Last edited:
Back