Impinda slipjoint... as I see it (after 2 months of field use)

Guys, please don’t forget it’s still a slipjoint, not a locking knife. So don’t do stupid things if you prefer your fingers in a good operational condition ;)

Regarding blade length - it is, what it is. Check your local laws, if it doesn’t meet the requirements - just do not carry. Or ask a local knifemaker to reprofile it to just under 3” blade, should be no problem. In EU knife law changes from country to country. In UK the law says that cutting edge should not exceed 3” so Impinda is actually just ‚on the edge’. I would have no problem to carry it in UK (which I did actually, twice do far). If you want it to be absolutely safe - just dull first 0.1” on the handle side and it’d certainly meet the requirement of edge not exceeding 3”. But most importantly, again, don’t do stupid things with your knife! If you start swinging around with 2.5” blade in a pub in UK you’d still be in trouble. But if you use Impinda to clean a just catched trout, or if you prepare lunch in a park - I see zero issue.

In EU in some countries you have no restrictions (Poland, Austria), moderate restrictions (Germany, France, Holland) and very serious restrictions (UK, Denmark). So just make sure you know what you can do and what you can’t. Even in Poland, where I can carry and use any knife I want (even big OTF with dagger blade & serrations is perfectly fine) I’d be in major trouble if I use a knife in an offensive way. So... be smart, check your laws, adapt to that. Simple.

Bottom line... I really injoy my Impinda!

In EU in some countries you have no restrictions (Poland, Austria), moderate restrictions (Germany, France, Holland) and very serious restrictions (UK, Denmark).

You forgot one there, retarded restrictions (Norway)

Yes somebody is always having a harder time then you, and that's me. :p
I my country you can not cary a knife in public unless you have "reputable reason", that you are an electrician and at work and so on. It's insane...

Sorry for the of topic.

I was in Edinburgh over the summer. I had to replace a sweater I'd lost in Dublin. I found a nice one and at the checkout I whipped out my Mnandi to cut off the tags. The clerk almost passed out. "Does that blade lock?" he asked me. "Of course," I said. "Safety first." He looked at me like I was a homicidal maniac and let me know, in no uncertain terms, that my little pocket knife was definitely illegal as hell in Britain. "You'll go to jail if they find that on you." Jesus Christ. "Don't call the cops on me, OK?" I asked as I left the store. With a cutting edge of 3 inches and no lock, I'm hoping the Impinda will let me keep a first-rate bladed tool in my pocket when I travel to Scotland again.

Great review and excellent photographs.

Now I want one, too. Down the rabbit hole again.

EDIT: I put myself on the CRK wait list. Six months out. Delivery should be close to my birthday.

Last edited:
Yep, they take 'knife control' seriously in the UK. I always use their articles and headlines as a 'What's next after gun control' argument.

You can't even have a Leatherman unless you are a tradesman traveling to or from work. Sheesh.

I was in Edinburgh over the summer. I had to replace a sweater I'd lost in Dublin. I found a nice one and at the checkout I whipped out my Mnandi to cut off the tags. The clerk almost passed out. "Does that blade lock?" he asked me. "Of course," I said. "Safety first." He looked at me like I was a homicidal maniac and let me know, in no uncertain terms, that my little pocket knife was definitely illegal as hell in Britain. "You'll go to jail if they find that on you." Jesus Christ. "Don't call the cops on me, OK?" I asked as I left the store. With a cutting edge of 3 inches and no lock, I'm hoping the Impinda will let me keep a first-rate bladed tool in my pocket when I travel to Scotland again.

It would be more interesting if you bred it to a Mnandi to get an Impandi.

YES! Sign me up for that one! Something a bit smaller and in the 2.0 to 2.5 ounce weight class would be awesome. Put some carbon fiber inlay on that and it's perfection for an office type EDC.

I like the idea of this but the index finger cutout looks awfully far away from the start of the blade. Kind of like holding only 3/4 of the handle to cut things.
Can you comfortably use it for extended cutting tasks with the index finger on the hump below the pivot?

Find my Impinda :D

fs_flannel_web.jpg

Back