INFI Ratmandu With Full-Height Flat Grind! . . .Wed. 8-7-19 at 9:00pm Eastern!!!. . (Cool Pics)

I asked for something like this years ago...some even nicknamed it the N2K Ratmandu here and on the SwampRat forum. Nice!!

On a mid-size knife I have no need or want to choke up onto a choil.
I like to hold the contoured scales and not bare metal when making cuts.
I like the edge as close to the handle as possible.
The exception....Choils on knives with blades 8" to around 11" are very useful in that they alter the balance from a blade heavy chopper to a more neutral balance for finer detail work and control.

YMMV

:)
And my next question: why is this flat gring so wanted by all?
Thank you for your info

I was lucky to score a InfiDu couple years ago from a good guy here Circle10 and had Dave make me cool pants - it's always with me. I love the convex, one of my sharpest blades - in fact just sharpened it up for the first time in that time a couple weeks ago, the Onion Worksharp was made for this blade, no other way to sharpen it properly - Took me a while not to cut myself with that damn thing but I got it down now :D ~ Away from the shop it's my most used blade of all. This FFG sure is enticing and at this price? Man, don't get a deal on Infi any better than this offer and in a blade that's super versatile. Bottom line is this is a great value all week long.:thumbsup:
I have Blk/Tan G10 on mine and in this case I like the G10 because I'm never going to chop with it and it has great grip, always looks great - but canvas would be nice Hmmmm :rolleyes::oops:

Last edited:
Damn this is one my favorite designs. I have several already. With the smatchet coming soon.......not sure but might have to try to get into this one. Like it too much.

Thank you for your info
Just my .02 worth, but the ratmandu is normally saber grind and sr101 Steel. Now infi ratmandu (Infidu) have been released at shows, Ganza’s so limited releases all saber grind. So here’s a limited run ratmandu in Infi !! plus a full flat grind rarity !!!!!!
So now it’s probably nothing special, and will become a regular release. So I wouldn’t rush to order :rolleyes:o_Oo_O:D:D

Just saying lol ;)

Just my .02 worth, but the ratmandu is normally saber grind and sr101 Steel. Now infi ratmandu (Infidu) have been released at shows, Ganza’s so limited releases all saber grind. So here’s a limited run ratmandu in Infi !! plus a full flat grind rarity !!!!!!
So now it’s probably nothing special, and will become a regular release. So I wouldn’t rush to order :rolleyes:o_Oo_O:D:D

Just saying lol ;)
LOLOLO..... yeah, was thinking the same thing since it will be a regular offering and always there when you want it.....there will still be feed in the trough a week from now :cool:

Here I thought no other knife could ever retire my Spyderco Temperance 2 as my "Camp Knife", then you go and announce this thing. I can't resist, and I'm not happy about it.

Thank you for your info
For me: Full flat grind gives better slicing performance and better for most of the stuff I do with my knives. The trade off is stoutness. Saber grind is great for improving strength (esp. lateral) because there's just more material. It's also better at forcing something to split (think splitting maul vs. hatchet).

Is this going to be a situation where we need super-skills (or specialized software) to get our email in? Highly desirable knife....

But seriously, folks...
It'll probably be up through the weekend. Or at least to the weekend.
If it were one of those things that'll be gone in 60 seconds, Jerry would have said so.

Is it 9pm yet?:)
DSC08869_zpsqxav2c35.jpg

——
DSC09092_zps9iuhzyqo.jpg

Back