1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

INFI Ratmandu With Full-Height Flat Grind! . . .Wed. 8-7-19 at 9:00pm Eastern!!!. . (Cool Pics)

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Need2Know

Need2Know

Aug 31, 2011
    I asked for something like this years ago...some even nicknamed it the N2K Ratmandu here and on the SwampRat forum. Nice!!

Hard Knocks likes this.
  2. bertman77mk2

bertman77mk2

Oct 25, 2017
    And my next question: why is this flat gring so wanted by all?
    Thank you for your info

3. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    I was lucky to score a InfiDu couple years ago from a good guy here Circle10 and had Dave make me cool pants - it's always with me. I love the convex, one of my sharpest blades - in fact just sharpened it up for the first time in that time a couple weeks ago, the Onion Worksharp was made for this blade, no other way to sharpen it properly - Took me a while not to cut myself with that damn thing but I got it down now :D ~ Away from the shop it's my most used blade of all. This FFG sure is enticing and at this price? Man, don't get a deal on Infi any better than this offer and in a blade that's super versatile. Bottom line is this is a great value all week long.:thumbsup:
    I have Blk/Tan G10 on mine and in this case I like the G10 because I'm never going to chop with it and it has great grip, always looks great - but canvas would be nice Hmmmm :rolleyes::oops:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    ironmike86 likes this.
  4. Ladams19

Ladams19 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Damn this is one my favorite designs. I have several already. With the smatchet coming soon.......not sure but might have to try to get into this one. Like it too much.

duramax likes this.
  5. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Just my .02 worth, but the ratmandu is normally saber grind and sr101 Steel. Now infi ratmandu (Infidu) have been released at shows, Ganza’s so limited releases all saber grind. So here’s a limited run ratmandu in Infi !! plus a full flat grind rarity !!!!!!
    So now it’s probably nothing special, and will become a regular release. So I wouldn’t rush to order :rolleyes:o_Oo_O:D:D

Just saying lol ;)

6. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    LOLOLO..... yeah, was thinking the same thing since it will be a regular offering and always there when you want it.....there will still be feed in the trough a week from now :cool:

duramax likes this.
  7. XBeatzX

XBeatzX

May 12, 2014
    Here I thought no other knife could ever retire my Spyderco Temperance 2 as my "Camp Knife", then you go and announce this thing. I can't resist, and I'm not happy about it.

duramax likes this.
  8. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Slicier is better.

duramax likes this.
  9. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    For me: Full flat grind gives better slicing performance and better for most of the stuff I do with my knives. The trade off is stoutness. Saber grind is great for improving strength (esp. lateral) because there's just more material. It's also better at forcing something to split (think splitting maul vs. hatchet).

hydeinmind likes this.
  10. blackhat

blackhat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 28, 2015
    Can any hogs please share the blade height for the Infidu/Ratmandu series? Thanks!

sixplymaple likes this.
  11. sixplymaple

sixplymaple Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2018
    The regular Ratmandu has a 1-3/8" tall blade according to my tape measure lol. I would assume it is the same dimensions as this limited one.

blackhat likes this.
  12. Amy-0

Amy-0 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Mar 8, 2006
    Same specs, BUT in INFI and Full Height Flat Grind AWESOMENESS times INFINITY XOXO

blackhat and duramax like this.
  13. TENTEX

TENTEX Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2017
    Any guesses on overall weight?

14. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    My satin Infidu with black micarta weighs just shy of 10oz so 9.6ish ? I’m using a non digital scale.

hydeinmind likes this.
  15. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    Is this going to be a situation where we need super-skills (or specialized software) to get our email in? Highly desirable knife....

16. effenoam

effenoam Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2013
    No, just buy it like normal next week Wednesday...

17. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    But seriously, folks...
    It'll probably be up through the weekend. Or at least to the weekend.
    If it were one of those things that'll be gone in 60 seconds, Jerry would have said so.

hydeinmind and duramax like this.
  18. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    I wouldn’t worry too much. I probably won’t get my order in until 3 maybe 4
    Minutes past 9.

ironmike86 and duramax like this.
  19. KNIGHTENFORCER

KNIGHTENFORCER Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Is it 9pm yet?:)
    [​IMG]
    ——
    [​IMG]

duramax and JACKMANDU like this.
  20. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    But this one can be different... different handle, different blade steel, different grind, different blade finish. See - different

duramax likes this.