Information from Instagram and Facebook!

From Instagram, yesterday:

14478324_1843936725876397_179818748696330240_n.jpg

Another sharpening batch done and ready to be packed up! We weren't able to get many shipped last week with Ellie being out sick. Fortunately, she is back at it today and the week is starting off strong.

seamusdeeLooking forward to getting my 4.1.....
surviveknives@seamusdee We've been shipping those out a few at a time but you'll be seeing those start to go out in larger batches very, very soon.

Then later:

14723552_1102087756576304_6903089802858463232_n.jpg

Ellie giving some blades a final wipe down and inspection before getting them packed up. This will be a big shipping week.

Side note, it was brought to our attention that a vicious and slanderous email has been circulating, stating, among several other things, that we're going out of business. Funny, I don't feel like we're going out of business? I'm only the owner though, what would I know? Anyway, I just want to reassure anyone who may have come into contact with this message that all is well here and that we'll certainly SURVIVE!. A HUGE thanks to our awesome customers for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks for repost Chiral. :thumbup:
I wonder what that trash bag hanging above Ellie is concealing?
I thought they were done with drill pivots?

I never get enough of those gorgeous Jade handles. I wish those would quit running out of stock when I order a knife.

I wonder what that trash bag hanging above Ellie is concealing?
I thought they were done with drill pivots?

1) Disco Ball, of course. ;)

2) They were offered on Starter orders on certain models, along with the ferro-notch option.

1) Disco Ball, of course. ;)

I wish!

I was wondering if anyone would notice that. The building we are in used to be the assay lab for Bunker Hill mine so there are a few random vents that go through the ceiling. That particular vent tends to drop little bits of dust, not ideal for the final QC and clean up area, so we covered it up. When the wind blows hard enough the bag will inflate and deflate a little bit. #randomfactoftheday

I wish!

I was wondering if anyone would notice that. The building we are in used to be the assay lab for Bunker Hill mine so there are a few random vents that go through the ceiling. That particular vent tends to drop little bits of dust, not ideal for the final QC and clean up area, so we covered it up. When the wind blows hard enough the bag will inflate and deflate a little bit. #randomfactoftheday

Awesome :)

Glad to see you still have a bit of levity to spare, given the stress you must be feeling. Sincerely.

Please know that there are those of us who — while critical of some things — sincerely do want to see you guys hit escape velocity, and break into a comfortable orbit. Hang in there.

there are those of us who — while critical of some things — sincerely do want to see you guys hit escape velocity, and break into a comfortable orbit. Hang in there.

Count me in this.... even though I b**** and moan some... :rolleyes: Still need to work on my maturity.

I posted this in another thread but it's probably better here, less negativity. Someone let me know if I should delete it in the other thread. Some interesting info in the comments on Instagram. I'm curios to see what they have planned.
surviveknives@wcleatherworks A lot of steel indeed. You should see both shelves on the table. About 1,500 blades between the GSO-7/7 and the GSO-4.1.
derpyanSeems like the 10's are not gonna be done anytime soon mannnn
outdoorandgearLike it and I am one of those who won't be bored👍🏼👌🏼👏🏼
badixon48Can't wait for my 12!
surviveknives@derpyan We're working on some plans to get those later models moving along a bit more quickly. Too early to share details but just know we're working on it.

Also, I wonder if the 1500 blades between the 7/7 and 4.1 are all of them or just a portion.

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread but it's probably better here, less negativity. Someone let me know if I should delete it in the other thread. Some interesting info in the comments on Instagram. I'm curios to see what they have planned.

Also, I wonder if the 1500 blades between the 7/7 and 4.1 are all of them or just a portion.

Here's a pic of the 7/7s in the shop: each stack looks to be 10 knives, and the bottom-left photo shows >40 stacks... maybe 500 knives there

14730528_694957570660912_3703808375335682048_n.jpg

Here's a pic of the 4.1s from August 5th: again, stacks of 10, and looks like ~100 stacks, so some 1000 knives there. 1000+500 between the 4.1s and 7/7s being worked on in-house, + remaining 4.7s and 2.7s finishing up. LOT of work for only 5 people...

13827424_1737315966536511_1328440055_n.jpg

I think that's my black linen 2.7 right there! A man can dream.....

Ha! rpn and his 7's, gotta love it!! :) I hope you'll give us some comparisons with the 7" rats or dogs when you get yours.

:)

It's gonna be a great knife and I've been patiently waiting.

Don't have much in that size...The Trash..ESEE 6...all very different designs.

Don't have much in that size...The Trash..ESEE 6...all very different designs.

Oh shoot, for some reason I thought you had a ratweiler. Of course that would be a very different design as well. It'd be interesting to see it head to head with a boss jack though.

This popped up on Instagram yesterday (SUNDAY): https://www.instagram.com/p/BMxWgMDh32x/

[video]https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/15074038_329911210697935_3773952784781541376_n.mp4[/video]

For those who don't follow the link, it's a pan over 30 different GSO-2.7s built, sharpened, and ready to ship. Probably at least 30 customers received shipping notices today. Hale Storm, were you one of them?

For every 30 knives shipped out, how many do we hear about on bladeforums? I just checked the 2.7 thread, only 3 individuals posted notices received. Consider what that means if S!K actually shipped many more knives than those 30 today. Survive! keeps chugging along...

Back