Interrupting Stan Shaw's Marmalade Sandwich

Jack, ruler knives are neat. :)
Here is a Ibberson model along with a catalog cut for a Newton variation.

Very cool Herder, and your Ibberson is in fantastic condition. I have an Ibberson, but the blades are very worn. We need a Ruler Knife thread! :D :thumbsup:

Another one of Stan's big beautiful works of art. A legend.
I used to have a couple of his gorgeous knifes in pearl. Kicking myself now. Thanks big time for posting the pics of Stans workshop Jack and yes those are chunks of elephant ivory in the window. drool slobber slobber.

We have a mutual friend Charlie Waynorth. Gr8 friend and a mountain of Knife Knowledge.
We live about an hour from each other.

This old thread is looking a bit worse for wear unfortunately, but most of us get that way :eek: Stan Shaw, however, is celebrating his 93rd birthday today, and he doesn't sound too bad at all :) Stan spent the weekend at his workshop at the Kelham Island Industrial Museum in Sheffield, with his wife Rosemary, as it had been the museum's annual Victorian Christmas Fayre. I'm long overdue for a visit, but am going to try to get over in the New Year :) :thumbsup:

Here's Stan a year or so ago :thumbsup:

ysk0Nf0.jpg

Happy Birthday mate :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing, Jack, and Happy Birthday to Stan!

I was just thinking the other day about the day you and I got to spend together in Sheffield (which, of course, included a trip to the Kelham Island Museum). Hard to believe that was almost a year ago!

Here are a few photos I took at the museum, including one of Stan Shaw’s workshop. (Unfortunately, Stan wasn’t in the day Jack and I visited, but we did get to peer through the windows and see all the fun stuff on his workbench, including a knife that I believe belonged to @Campbellclanman. :D)

yrI5Kql.jpg

o5F9iCG.jpg

aBRMDIN.jpg

Thanks for sharing, Jack, and Happy Birthday to Stan!

I was just thinking the other day about the day you and I got to spend together in Sheffield (which, of course, included a trip to the Kelham Island Museum). Hard to believe that was almost a year ago!

Here are a few photos I took at the museum, including one of Stan Shaw’s workshop. (Unfortunately, Stan wasn’t in the day Jack and I visited, but we did get to peer through the windows and see all the fun stuff on his workbench, including a knife that I believe belonged to @Campbellclanman. :D)

yrI5Kql.jpg

o5F9iCG.jpg

aBRMDIN.jpg

That was a great day Barrett, the time since then has flown hasn't it my friend? :) Cool pics :cool: Still no word on Duncan's knife I'm afraid, here's the photo I took of the (Pruner) blade on Stan's bench that day :rolleyes:

KlUtpul.jpg

This old thread is looking a bit worse for wear unfortunately, but most of us get that way :eek: Stan Shaw, however, is celebrating his 93rd birthday today, and he doesn't sound too bad at all :) Stan spent the weekend at his workshop at the Kelham Island Industrial Museum in Sheffield, with his wife Rosemary, as it had been the museum's annual Victorian Christmas Fayre. I'm long overdue for a visit, but am going to try to get over in the New Year :) :thumbsup:

Here's Stan a year or so ago :thumbsup:

ysk0Nf0.jpg

Happy Birthday mate :) :thumbsup:
Great knife, too.

Back