Introduce yourselves...dont be shy.

My name is Drew, ima Libra and I enjoy long walks on short beaches....

Uh wait, wrong site...

I'm 28 and I work for a HVAC company (working on my 9th year) as a service technician. In my free time I enjoy hiking, kayaking, taking pictures (have a lot to learn still) and occasionally mountain biking.

I like knives, I've liked em since my grandfather handed me my 1st one way back when and its all been down hill since. Provided that I had the extra money and my fiancé signed off on it, I'd own every design by TM Hunt, but alas, she has final say and apparently having electric and running water holds presidence over piles and piles of glorious knives. In the mean time I will settle for a Yuma though :)

So far, from my dealings with Todd I must say that he is a very well spoken and trustworthy guy if you don't already own one of his knives or have one on order, make it happen!

I ain't scared or shy so I'll introduce myself. My name is Wes. I recently realized that I would like to have a top quality "do it all" kind of knife so I started looking and came across Todd's M-18 and other badass knives and I am now waiting for my first TM Hunt blade to arrive.

I too enjoy beer, particularly the delicious IPA's, and luckily we have a lot of micro-breweries around here :very_drunk:

Being exceptionally slow, I just now realized who you are, Mr. 31niner. My name's Jeff, and I do believe we communicated via email when you first discovered the M. Welcome to the fan club.

Sorry, posted an intro and realized this was the wrong thread (please delete)

Hell, you coulda said something since you was here! ;) oh well, glad to be you first post. Come back and visit sometime when you can stay longer. :D everybody is welcome here!

Being exceptionally slow, I just now realized who you are, Mr. 31niner. My name's Jeff, and I do believe we communicated via email when you first discovered the M. Welcome to the fan club.

Hey Jeff...it's OK, you can't always be on your A game.

After dealing with Todd and getting into his knives I figured I should join the TM Hunt fan club/community.

Thanks for your help there in the beginning:)

So I was kindly asked to introduce myself and here it goes. My name is Eric. I'm 38 years old and I have 2 kids. My son is 6 and if he asks me another question I'm going to lock him in a......sorry bout that...was distracted. My daughter is 4 and she doesn't ask me anything because she already knows it all. I'm trying to return to the woods after starting my family and my kids are now old enough that we can start doing that kind of stuff again.

Anyway I've liked knives since I was a kid but never really had any real knowledge. Needless to say lurking this forum for a few days and I've already learned quite a bit.

Today is a great day as my first Cold Steel Trail Hawk and Frontier Hawk have arrived (I was inspired by The Warriors Cold Steel Hawk mods thread). They are already stripped (should really have done 1 at a time as my frontier and shovel are over there oiled because they rust so fast and I don't know what to do with them yet) and the trail hawk is about to take a bath in distilled water with oxyclean. Wish me luck!

Ooops, forgot to mention I work as an EMT, not that I needed to....now I feel weird.

(I was inspired by The Warriors Cold Steel Hawk mods thread).
Ah shucks, tweren't nuttin. Thank ya kindly, and welcome again, good to see you here. That was a fun mod to do. Sold it though, haha.

I'm Tom. And as we may already know, I'm an asshole ;). I live in Oregon around a bunch of other assholes so its to be expected I guess. Maybe I'm an asshole because I'm a Southern boy living in the PNW and I have no money, I dunno. I love knives and have yet to get a Hunt, but when I do it will be a Magua and a Yuma although that little hornet is lookig pretty sweet. Love the look of those blades and would love to at least see them in person instead of on the net. Anyway, I got two kids who are shaping up to be just like me, except they are gonna be worse. They have forgotten how awesome it is in the South (I was raised in MS and the kids lived there for a time) and they bitch and moan everytime it rains here. And, if you aren't familiar with Oregon, it rains pretty much every damn day here.

Anyway, Todd and Murph and Diesel D, thanks for letting me be here.

Crankcase and Tdhurl. Welcome fellas. Glad you have. Hope you'll stop by and contribute regularly. Might wanna bring your thick skin with ya! ;)

Welcome, guys.
I love knives and have yet to get a Hunt, but when I do it will be a Magua and a Yuma although that little hornet is lookig pretty sweet. Love the look of those blades and would love to at least see them in person instead of on the net.
Have you heard of the loan a knife program? All you have to do is mention you want to see one and Todd or Murph will just send you one of theirs to try out for free! It sounds like a helluva deal. (i don't participate, I covet my uh.."Hunts" too much) :D
Man, I hate admitting that last part..

I may have to break down and get a zomstro so I can make a seax knife out of it.

I may have to break down and get a zomstro so I can make a seax knife out of it.

Hahahahahaha ! Your Welcome Erik !
Funny isn't it? Todd took a knife that I don't particularly like, and made me see something beautiful in it.

Last edited:
Hahahahahaha ! Your Welcome Erik !
Funny isn't it? Todd took a knife that I don't particularly like, and made me see something beautiful in it.

As far as the Zomstro goes. I've got all kinds of comments and opinions. None of them very good. But I've kept my mouth shut about it. Its not something id usually do, but, it was something that was gifted to a great friend by a good friend, so who was I to question or not allow it to be worked on in the shop. The way I see it. Murph has earned his right to do a project, and, even though I personally think the Zomstro sucks, he likes it. It was generiously gifted to him by Erik (1066vik) who is also my friend as a wedding present. Murph suprised us all by getting hitched so I never got him anything either. So, this project, materials, sheath, was my way of taking something that ment something to him and making it better. However, it wasn't all me, I gave him a little direction and dibbs on my scrap bin and he really made the best of it. He worked just as hard as I did on it. The sheath was my work and gift to the whole project. Now, having said that. Let's keep this thread for the noobies so we can all get to know each other!

I had a chance to choose a Zomstro over a Becker BK5 at BeckerWest in April. I choose the BK5 after handling both of them for a few minutes. Now I'm not comparing the two of course (they are two totally different knives) but, I looked at that incline blade, or whatever it's called and was immediately turned off by it. Anyway, I am not an expert and I never had the chance to use the Zomstro, however, seeing how that blade "dropped away" from line of center like that was truly a weird thing. I guess I'm a snob in that I like blades that generally jut somewhat straight out from the tang.

Even though the Zomstro is a massive blade, I just wasn't awestruck by it is what I may be trying to say here.

Erik from Kristiansand, Norway here. I'm 26 years old and have 2 kids. A 7 year old daughter and a 4 month old son.
I've allways been into knives (and axes, guns, cars, bikes, atv's and all that stuff you're not allowed to play with when you're a kid)
I stumbled into this sub-forum because that M-18 caught my eye, and now i find myself rapidly taking a liking to everything i see on Hunts site. Especially that yuma is starting to look pretty dang attractive.

Being a beckerhead probably reveals what kind of knives i'm into. Well crafted, high quality, somewhat massocistic knives that takes a world of abuse and asks for more.

I allso enjoy hiking, camping, fishing, most things that have an engine, shooting holes in things (if things turn out the way i hope i'll get into competitive shooting once i get my owners permit, and i've been told by several experienced shooters that i'm a natural. That permit sure seems to be taking its sweet time though).
I like cooking but i tend to leave that to my wife because she's a much better cook than i am, and i like eating more than cooking:rolleyes:

If international shipping isn't out of the question, i'm hoping to be able to get some hunt blades eventually. Just gotta get my wallet, and my wife to cooperate. For some reason they tend to gang up on me.

And even though i don't need to i'll mention that i'm a construction worker, so crackcase doesn't have to feel weird anymore.

Last edited:
Welcome NN. Glad to have ya. Stay as log as you like!

howdy yall
my name is Thomas
i dont think i have fully introduced myself here
here is a bit about me and my knife habit
i live in the midlands of south carolina
i like guns,snakes,girls,knives,and history and not particularly in that order
here are the knives i currently own
swamp rat:rodent solution i have a RMD on order
ferhrman: thru hiker
bark river:bravo 1.5
Esee: candiru and esee 5
so that kinda of gives you an idea of what kind of knives i own