Introducing The 535 Bugout

Looks like the beat-it-up and more sheeple friendly version of the 531. Pretty much same blade profile, same thumbstuds (though blue?) Axis Lock, same size & weight approximately.

Pros: better grip/scale shape. The -31 is sexy but not so ergonomic
better steel. S30V vs. 154cm. Not that 154 sucks or anything
good price point, $25 less than the 531
Cons: don't mind the color, but if it's like the plast-icky grips on the 530...yuck.
does it have 530-like Axis buttons? Those were kind of meh...the 531's are better
it is not (yet) scaled in blaze orange or purple.

I like it. I have a 531 next on my wishlist. But I think I will get one of these for my son.

The lockstuds (axis buttons) are more like the 531.

I'm digging it, and I'm definitely a fan of the blue. If it carries anything like the 531, it's easy to forget it's in your pocket.

This looks like a well balanced set of features....might be the first Benchmade I've "needed" for quite some time, shame about the blue on this first run....

I agree, this is the first model to come along that really calls to me. I love the size to weight ratio, fantastic!

Thanks will do. Pass along please these smaller clips will improve the looks of knives like the 535. And while at it, don't paint 'em, Oxidized is always the best way to go IMO.

Strongly second the comment about useless painted finish on clips and the strong preference for an oxidized finish instead.

Thanks again Jimmy. For a long time painted clips were standard issue, and many of us thought they could've been better. I know I'll take the black oxide versions any time. They really help the look and feel of the overall knife.

I must be weird. I prefer the painted clips. I don't mind chips from normal use. I hate the foggy faded look of the black oxide ones.

I like both!

Painted clips and black oxide clips, lets get along for the children and the old folks!

Would buy this in a heartbeat if the blade was a little thicker... .09? Thats like Leek status thin :(

You guys are great. Just a little piece of 320 grit paper levels the playing field. Once done it doesn't matter whether painted or Oxide. And if it helps keep the knife in your pocket, the deed is done!:cool:

This looks interesting, though I have my eyes on the m390 grip with carbon fiber exclusive. I might just go for one of these to replace the BM 940 in my hiking pack.

It's under $115...... is s30v really not acceptable to you at that price? If it isn't, then get a Manix Lightweight s110v.

Are you saying it's a bargain? S30V is coming on sub-$40 knives these days.

Back