Is Uncle Bill an Honest Man ?

For those who need to be reassured about the existence of the "honest man", think of Bill Martino as a prototype - not fully finished, a few scuffs and dents. Damn shame they never got around to a full production model. The contrast between a couple of thousand UBs and those who CLAIM to be role models could turn things around.

Uncle Bill is a very honest man. Ram is a very grateful young man and is not slow to show his appreciation for the gifts that have been sent to help him out. They are both members of a group of people who seem to be on the endangered list. I have been challenged by both in my daily living. The world would be a better place if more of their kind were the heroes and not our pompous athletes and entertainment gurus!

I trust him. I like the work that HI is doing in/for Nepal, and I respect Uncle Bill's reasons for being in business. The HI webpage gives a history of how he got to be doing what he does, among a LOT of other information that is worth checking out.

Well, Holy Toledo! The only guy who got it right is John Powell.

I can always send a copy of money order or wire transer to those who might want it. In the particular case in point I said I'd match the good doctor's donation so the amount will be double.

I would say without any reservations that "Uncle Bill" is one of the most honest people that it's ever been my pleasure to do business with. I don't say this lightly about people but..."I trust him." Period.
Mike

IS, if you can't trust Uncle Bill Martino, I don't think you can trust any body.:)

I think the question was:

Is Uncle Bill an honest man?

According to an EX-president, it depends on what the definition of "is" is.

Compared to that EX-president....Hummmmmmm forget it, there's no comparison.

Quote from a post seen over at Graybeard.com,

"Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it."

and it reminded me of times when a man said what he meant, and meant what he said.UB fits in that category.

Foxjaw,

The short version is he trusted me from one or two emails, sending the Khukris before I even mailed off the funds. He trusted me with hundreds of dollars worth of goods w/o even a phone conversation.

I was going to use the Khukris in a jungle environment.

I have since sent something far more valuable than knives or money with the Khukris he has provided, the Marines and Sailors entrusted to my care. They have gone on to Afghanistan, the So. Philippines, Iraq, and a few other interesting places. T

Check the below thread and my comment.
Hi! Khukuri Newbie!
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=248504&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

Any further questions please contact me directly.

SEMPER FIDELIS, Maj. M.J. Walsh, USMC

Uncle Bill Martino is one of the genuine good guys. Which is far more than I can say for some of my relatives...

I sent Uncle Bill a sizable donation for Bura's meds awhile back. I have total faith that evry cent (and probably some extra) made it to Nepal.

Cheers
Andrew Lim

Uncle Bill sent me my first khukuri before requesting payment, then he charged me less than the agreed price (because of a change at the factory).Yes, he's definitely an honest man.

I have known Uncle Bill for over 10 years and he truly is an honest man and if more people in this world were like him it would be much improved! If you look up Integrity in the dictionary you will see a picture of Bill!;)

Even though Uncle Bill and I had a falling out over my views on the Iraq war, I will tell you that he is as honest as the day is long.

You will have no problems with him. On the rare occasions when there is a problem with the product he will always set things right.

There should be a photo of him in Webster's dictionary next to the words honest and reliable.

When I told him I wouldn't have the money before the sale was over, he sent me an AK 15" the next day and emailed that I could send him the money when I got it. Well, does that answer your question. People who don't trust others have a reason: they're not trustworthy. Uncle Bill is trustworthy because he thinks everyone else is as honest as he is. !!! :D :D :D

Back