It followed me home (Part 2)

That rasp you like looks like a Nicholson no 49. Look for a USA made one. The no 50 is good also but cloggs a little more. It takes a big step up in price to get one that’s better as far as I know.

Thank you and I will be looking for the 49 & 50 as I continue to stumble upon people wanting to unload their files and Rasps.
:thumbsup:

3 little yard sales, $23...

cre6LBH.jpg

My favorite of my new friends so far...

AxKWcXL.jpg

speakin of crosscut saws, i looked through my local antique store... i'v had my eye on a 52" perf lance single man since last year, it was priced too high so i didnt buy it. i made them an offer or two on it but they thought they struck gold.

today they were clearing out half the store to make room for a trampoline park to move in. Anyway, the seller managed to get rid of every thing else but guess what, the saw. i'v been after it because i only ever find 40" saws. if it was shorter i'd leave it.

the teeth are worn bad, the handle is pretty much destroyed and there's no helper handle. its $95 and no one's bought it in at least a year and they won't go past $75.

dont you hate it when they think they have gold?

So, I got a bunch of great stuff today, but unusually no axes or anything related. This whole lot was $105. The hone is nice, as is the weird buggy wrench. Anyway, this normally isn't an issue as I almost ALWAYS have edged tools in my finds, but if more than a couple people have an issue with me posting this, I will respect that and refrain in the future. Otherwise, enjoy!

BTW, anybody know what the tool in front of the storage box is?

IMG_20171014_130910 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr

Anyway, this normally isn't an issue as I almost ALWAYS have edged tools in my finds, but if more than a couple people have an issue with me posting this, I will respect that and refrain in the future. Otherwise, enjoy!

IMG_20171014_130910 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr
I see some sharp edges in there.
I always like to see what you find.
All good by me, for what that's worth.
It's hammer time ;)

Not axe related, but a nice nos pair of Big Smith denim overalls were given to me today by my dad.
They were brought back by my grandfather from his trip to visit the rest his family in Missouri in the mid 90's.
No picture because I'm wearing them, I've never worn overalls before but I'm gonna try to get used to them because I actually needed a new pair of pants.

Back