It followed me home (Part 2)

Delamination of the wrought iron due to corrosion?
I think your probably right. Thought it was odd as I hadn't seen it before and out of curiosity I want to see if there is a makers mark on it. Its 3lbs with a odd eye size somewhere between a cruiser and full size.

Well i didn't find any axes today but i did score this!
6gqqo1s.jpg
nI927Js.jpg
2KKdQRs.jpg
21QuTsK.jpg
yyEpQno.jpg
vnxPAyu.jpg
ztweIjQ.jpg
B1wR3fS.jpg

It's sandstone so needs an awful lot of pressure to get anywhere. I'll have to make a stick to put in the axe eye and perhaps a two legged seat of some sorts so most of my weight can be on the wheel. The brushes are very good in that old motor and its really quiet. Thanks fer' lookin fellas!

6gqqo1s.jpg
nI927Js.jpg
2KKdQRs.jpg
21QuTsK.jpg
yyEpQno.jpg
vnxPAyu.jpg
ztweIjQ.jpg
B1wR3fS.jpg

It's sandstone so needs an awful lot of pressure to get anywhere. I'll have to make a stick to put in the axe eye and perhaps a two legged seat of some sorts so most of my weight can be on the wheel. The brushes are very good in that old motor and its really quiet. Thanks fer' lookin fellas!
nice! can you tell roundabout what grit the wheel is? i have one that's about 500 grit and leaves a very nice finish.
D9ykKUZ.jpg

picked up this guy for 2 bucks, screw wedge, i'v forgotten when they used these wedges, anyone remember?

hey 42, is this guy a scythe peening hammer?

6gqqo1s.jpg
nI927Js.jpg
2KKdQRs.jpg
21QuTsK.jpg
yyEpQno.jpg
vnxPAyu.jpg
ztweIjQ.jpg
B1wR3fS.jpg

Does anyone know whether or not this was a kit? To me it looks to clean you be all homemade. Obviously it's possible but i just wondered if at some point you could order a kit.
Phantomknives my guess is that it's around 500 grit as well. With enough pressure it will remove material pretty fast! Whether or not its faster than fresh file remains to be seen.

NOS 1.5" Chicago adjustable, the store had a whole bin full at $1 a piece but I only needed one right now.

If I'm not mistaken it's been a few years since they were made in the US, but I don't really know.

I was told the case is for a breakdown double barrel shotgun---I don't know ?? it was cheep enuff so I grabbed it...

I was told the case is for a breakdown double barrel shotgun---I don't know ?? it was cheep enuff so I grabbed it...
Yep that's it, they were aftermarket and didn't come with them.
Remember most double barrel shotguns breakdown with just the removal or the forearm.
If it was anything shorter than a goose or duck gun length it would probably fit perfectly.

Back