It's gone

Yep yesterday evening I got home went to take the sheath I carry it in off and it was empty. No idea, looked in the work truck, and today around the house I was working on. Either fell out at Lowes or Sherman Williams, I at least hope it finds its way to someone who will appreciate it wnd gets many years of use from it.
7ePHikp.jpg

So unless it miraculously shows up its no longer mine.

Oh Man! :(:(:(Gutting.
Im hoping it will turn up.
Check: Washing machine, Car Seat tuck-ins,
Between car seat and console - car seat rails under Seat. Pockets again,
Go into Zen state ( :) ) and think back to when you last used it - where was that? Retrace steps.
I hope you have some luck my friend.

Thanks everyone, I have pretty much done all of those things. 99% sure I put it in the sheath yesterday morning, only went to 3 places besides home. Lowes,Sherman Williams paints, and the house I was working on. I had been using the Opinels this week to get familiar with them, so they was doing knife stuff while the 23 was just tagging along. A couple weeks ago I had the seatbelt snag the sheath while getting out of my truck and flip it upside down and my Bullbuster fell out. But it may be here somewhere. I once lost my glasses and eventually found them in the refrigerator, still don't know how I managed that one either.
redsparrow redsparrow thanks, I still have a beavertail 23 so I still have at least one :thumbsup:

I know this won't help one bit as concerns this knife but in the future, instead of carrying in an open top sheath while at work, carry in a snaps-shut, flap style, sheath. Not a bad idea for any outdoor functions - fishing, hunting, etc. Save the open top sheath for Sunday and dates. If you're still going topless, have a sheath made for that specific knife.

Yep yesterday evening I got home went to take the sheath I carry it in off and it was empty. No idea, looked in the work truck, and today around the house I was working on. Either fell out at Lowes or Sherman Williams, I at least hope it finds its way to someone who will appreciate it wnd gets many years of use from it.
7ePHikp.jpg

So unless it miraculously shows up its no longer mine.
Sorry to hear that, David. Such a nice knife. Hope you will post soon that you found it.

Da ... I mean DaRn ... :(

Have you tried CS at the Lowes and SW? Maybe someone who found it was honest, and turned it in.
Unlikely, but still a slim chance.

Hopefully it is in or under the truck seat, or your puddy tat or canary with magpie like tendencies hid it ...

oh, be sure to check all your pockets of clothes and coat/jacket you wore that day.

Last edited:
Back