Its here!!!!

Im kinda fond of HI bowies myself! But hey Im from Texas where they are illegal so may I enlighten you?

9f96e62956c9effb5b04e790ae5a32b2

This is just my AK bowies. I have a few more as well.

a192f9d05215cf9e9112476a5965d701

8ce346962ce74c58eb9ce612d7fc292a

My EDC is far left. Its a micro checkerered by the Mister master Mr.B himself! Fabulous job might I say and fancy pants by Pugs. Another fab bovine and beaver makeover!

If you decide you like the way the AK Bowies handle then you might be surprised at how well the other models handle. From 18" to 8" they all handle and balance great! I find it cool that the Kamis can keep the AK "feel" across the whole product line! I say buy whichever one yanks your khranque and enjoy!

Im kinda fond of HI bowies myself! But hey Im from Texas where they are illegal so may I enlighten you?

9f96e62956c9effb5b04e790ae5a32b2

This is just my AK bowies. I have a few more as well.

a192f9d05215cf9e9112476a5965d701

8ce346962ce74c58eb9ce612d7fc292a

My EDC is far left. Its a micro checkerered by the Mister master Mr.B himself! Fabulous job might I say and fancy pants by Pugs. Another fab bovine and beaver makeover!

If you decide you like the way the AK Bowies handle then you might be surprised at how well the other models handle. From 18" to 8" they all handle and balance great! I find it cool that the Kamis can keep the AK "feel" across the whole product line! I say buy whichever one yanks your khranque and enjoy!

Very impressive collection ndoghouse!!!
I was born and raised in Texas , and have been law enforcement for a long time.. so I wasn't really planning on carrying my new AK Bowie:)
I usually carry my pro tech folder when on duty and a custom fixed blade made by a friend of mine when I'm off duty.. but if I can get hold of one of those micros id be willing to switch.:D

Nice collection and pix, thank you for sharing

Great pics Bawanna!!..

And please keep showing off!!

I love it!...

Great collection from both gents.....but no centerfold shots, please...

Our knife laws are both quite liberal and draconian, depends on what you like.....i prefer larger sheath knives and so find them cramping my style......ANY knife of 5" blade or less is entirely legal and NOT considered a weapon.....however, ANY knife of over 5" blade and designed for offense and defense (left undefined but assume two edges and two guards would trip the trigger) are weapons and require a weapon license for carry both open and concealed, same as a handgun...

Last edited:
Thanks Bawanna and ndoghouse.. I was thinking about those micros all night !!
Woke up and contacted Yangdu:)

The more i think about the raw utility which they manage to pull off with the Baby CAK, the more i can see why the Mini bowies would be a fantastic knife.

The more i think about the raw utility which they manage to pull off with the Baby CAK, the more i can see why the Mini bowies would be a fantastic knife.

According to Yangdu ; Bawanna came up with the idea for a micro bowie and hundreds were made and sold.. Im just sad i wasn't around when that was going on.:(

Apparently Bawanna and ndoghouse were around then .. they have the best collection of bowies I've ever seen!!

I do not know the history of this site, i had bought my Ang Khola from Bill via phone in answer to some little ad somewhere, and was quite busy playing Army at the time...things settled down, i went Reserve and then out and started missing the Ang Khola which was left with a younger troop and started looking and found the site, but this (i believe) was shortly after Bill passed on to his true home and things were rather ....uhh....stressed at the time here and as i recall, i simply sent Dear Yangdu an email of shared grief and i moved on....it was a mistake....i am glad to see the loyal and long term customer's and friends....they were and are a blessing to her, her family, and the various levels of employees dependent on this outfit...and the kamis are only part of that....

PS-....just checked and recollections were correct...i registered on this forum only to find out Bill had just passed....

Last edited:
According to Yangdu ; Bawanna came up with the idea for a micro bowie and hundreds were made and sold.. Im just sad i wasn't around when that was going on.:(

Apparently Bawanna and ndoghouse were around then .. they have the best collection of bowies I've ever seen!!

I did inquire about a smaller size bowie and it was very well received. I don't think hundreds have been sold. 100 at most probably more like 60 or 70. The first batch of my dream design was 18 knives which I thought was very brave of auntie to have produced in case they didn't fly. Well fly they did very quickly. The first batch had short 3 1/2" handles, about 7 to 7 1/2" overall.
Some mentioned a longer handle for folks with big hands and all since the first 18 have been the longer handle by about an inch.

I hope when they have time to produce some more they will do some more of the original size. Maybe leave some with tang exposed like the originals and maybe some with full handle slab coverage. This would take care of the folks with big hands just fine.
Also pondering thinning the depth of the blade top to bottom, keep the same blade profile but slim it down a bit. Still tough as tough can be.

I have nothing remotely close to the collection of Bowies that Ndog has, I feel lucky that I get to share the same air with some of these guys.

I did inquire about a smaller size bowie and it was very well received. I don't think hundreds have been sold. 100 at most probably more like 60 or 70. The first batch of my dream design was 18 knives which I thought was very brave of auntie to have produced in case they didn't fly. Well fly they did very quickly. The first batch had short 3 1/2" handles, about 7 to 7 1/2" overall.
Some mentioned a longer handle for folks with big hands and all since the first 18 have been the longer handle by about an inch.

I hope when they have time to produce some more they will do some more of the original size. Maybe leave some with tang exposed like the originals and maybe some with full handle slab coverage. This would take care of the folks with big hands just fine.
Also pondering thinning the depth of the blade top to bottom, keep the same blade profile but slim it down a bit. Still tough as tough can be.

I have nothing remotely close to the collection of Bowies that Ndog has, I feel lucky that I get to share the same air with some of these guys.

Maybe hundreds was her best estimate..
either way I'm very impressed with the vision you had,, seems to be a very popular knife and I'm really excited to get my hands on one.
And don't be modest Bawanna, your kind of a legend around here///,., as for Ndog he's my new hero!! I'm just excited to have you guys available to someone like myself who loves knives but is still learning my way around..
Thank you both

How long ago was the intro?....i would be interested in one myself if they would do a little run.....crowds come and go and unsure how demand would be at moment but there is now a crowd of between two and ten.....shop is up....apart from regular production stocking backlog, it should be possible in the nearer future....visually a bit less depth to blade would be appealing so long as slicing deep (edge geometry) not changed to ill effect.....and as long as exposed tang pommel sticking out back, shorter slabs not all that much a problem as back of hand does very little work and only concern being fingers not crushed in between a rock and a hard place....your hands do not exactly appear small, and if it works for you, should work for most....

I rather like the shorter handle appearance, and assume the first of the ndog display above an early smaller one?.....i would be afraid of losing some belly if depth removed much, and also of course folk walking because it's been "altered" and "isn't the same"....which likely is always the case with handmade and reintro no matter what you do....heck, i buy handmade which have been in continuous.production since 1943 and none of them are the same, not from era to era or even day to day....

Last edited:
How long ago was the intro?....i would be interested in one myself if they would do a little run.....crowds come and go and unsure how demand would be at moment but there is now a crowd of between two and ten.....shop is up....apart from regular production stocking backlog, it should be possible in the nearer future....visually a bit less depth to blade would be appealing so long as slicing deep (edge geometry) not changed to ill effect.....and as long as exposed tang pommel sticking out back, shorter slabs not all that much a problem as back of hand does very little work and only concern being fingers not crushed in between a rock and a hard place....your hands do not exactly appear small, and if it works for you, should work for most....

Maybe if enough people are interested Yangdu would consider doing another batch.. I'm gonna talk to her tomorrow and see if that's something she would consider.

I suggest we pay up front, then she KNOWS the interest...this is not a new experimental risky thing for folk to pony up for.....have an open and close date to cough up funds and then away it goes.....

Definitely pay up front!! .. I'm sure there's a few people who would love to get there hands on one of these beauties.

Like I said ill get with her tomorrow and see how she feels about it

Auntie has already told us that when the shop is up and running and the online inventory is up to snuff, they will make some more.

I know I'd love to get another myself and maybe more than that if/when I can.

I'd much prefer the original size handle, although I have cut off a few of the longer ones, no big deal but nicer if they are right out of the box.
Just makes a much nicer daily carry knife to me, slightly less obtrusive to those fearful of real knives I guess.

There are others that folks have been hankering for also, Trisul's for example, lots of stuff they don't make often.

I almost don't want to throw my micro mini Cherokee Rose into the mix for fear of holding up some of the other things many have been waiting for.

Do run the pay up front idea by Auntie, we don't want to overload her with book keeping chores. She may prefer it, I don't know.
I know me and Bookie paid way up front for the Katunjes and were happy to do it. Frankly with the quake and all the bad stuff in the last year if it never would have arrived I would not have felt the lest bit bad. Sure was a happy day when it did though.

Thanks Bawanna.... I really do appreciate the input.
I'll report back as soon as I've spoken to her

Back