Its here!!!!

Don't keep me in suspense too long though, I have patience issue's ya know?

I guess my work here is done. ;)

I'd also like to share with the huddled masses that thanks to Mr. Tall's investigative skills I now have 3 of those little Black and Decker bench top workmates. He pointed me to one which I scored, then while looking there another like new one popped up so I bid on that one and gosh durned if I didn't get that one too.
So thanks to Mr. Tall I got a life time supply of a right handy little vise. The nice one arrived yesterday, the first one a bit rougher hasn't shown yet but should be soon.

So a huge public thank you to Mr. Tall..........................

Now don't be blaming me for any of your vices!
I'll rephrase that, I can't take any credit for your lifetime supply of vises, it was all your own doing (I just pointed you toward one of them). :) In any case, you're welcome.

I did inquire about a smaller size bowie and it was very well received. I don't think hundreds have been sold. 100 at most probably more like 60 or 70. The first batch of my dream design was 18 knives which I thought was very brave of auntie to have produced in case they didn't fly. Well fly they did very quickly. The first batch had short 3 1/2" handles, about 7 to 7 1/2" overall.
Some mentioned a longer handle for folks with big hands and all since the first 18 have been the longer handle by about an inch...

Bawanna was asking about the original Bawanna Bowie design mock-ups, so here's the related thread:

Here ya go:

MiniAKBowieSHRUNK3.jpg

The upper one is the original 10" (5" blade, 5" handle).
The middle one is 7.5" (4" blade, 3.5" handle).
The lower one is 8" (4" blade, 4" handle).

[The blades on the bottom two are identical; the original was shrunk down to 80% horizontal, and 90% vertical.]

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1099179-Blade-Storage-Display-aka-Bawanna-s-Blade-Addiction?p=12547199#post12547199

Wow, that was a great thread Mr. Tall. Kind of a trip down memory lane. Seems like yesterday.

I told ya he was good!

Note that the middle one is what the first generation micro bowies ended up like.

The bottom is what they all looked like after the first batch of 18 or so.

How Mr. Tall managed to make a scaled photo like that still boggles my mind but I'm a simple person sometimes.

Bawanna, trust me when I say that knowing how it's done does not make it any less mind boggling!

Impressive as usual Steve! Maybe you could help me out with a picture of my dream BDC set? I want a matching set of 3, one smaller and one larger than the original :D haha kidding of course...kinda. I do actually want that set but I can doctor the pics myself.

What I've been dreaming about is a "dui chirra" version of a BDC, and that I don't think I could photoshop

I should have him do one of my dream girl......

but it can't be THAT hard to do this stuff.....

hmmmm....loves older men, wants kids, devoutly religious, beautiful and sweet....kind....patient....totally giving......SHAZAAM!

Last edited:
...Steve! Maybe you could help me out with a picture of my dream BDC set? I want a matching set of 3, one smaller and one larger than the original :D haha kidding of course...kinda. I do actually want that set but I can doctor the pics myself.

What I've been dreaming about is a "dui chirra" version of a BDC, and that I don't think I could photoshop

Haha, I don't even have photoshop on my cobbled together Linux-based computer (a laptop that my teenage son outgrew a few years ago, with broken screen and broken keys, so it's plugged into an external display and keyboard). Lately I've been using LibreOffice Writer (a freeware version of Word) to manipulate the photos -- some preliminary explorations of Bawanna's Micro Rose will be posted here shortly.

Here's a peek at the preliminary unfinished rough mock-up concept prototype exploration work in progress for a Micro-sized Cherokee Rose. Bawanna's specs bring the original 20" version down to 7.5" overall length.

A full-size example of the Cherokee rose (by Bura, from the HI site):

cherokeeRose-WithTashiDiliFishHandleBura.jpg

Here's an attempt at a 7.5" version (approx. 4" blade and 3.5" handle):

CherokeeRose-7point5-inches.jpg

Here's a revision to make it more "chunky". It's closer to 8" (approx. 4.5" blade with 3.5" handle) so it will need some tweaking to get down to 7.5"...

CherokeeRoseV6.jpg

The guard needs some work to reduce the size while allowing enough space for the index finger. But photos like these could be a good starting point before making some drawings.

The photo below gives a better idea of the scale.

The full size Cherokee Rose is approx. 20" (13" blade and 7" handle).
The upper Micro is approx. 8" (4.5" blade and 3.5" handle).
The lower Micro is approx. 7.5" (4" blade and 3.5" handle).

CherokeeRoseWith2MicrosV1.jpg

Great job Steve! I think a 7 3/4 would be perfect! One thing I do like is the way Tirtha slanted the guard top forward as compared to the newer Hari Kami CRS's. That would really be an asset to the micros. Just my 2 3/4 cents.

I'm a huge fan of the 7.5" design you have there with the thinner blade. I don't think you need drawings with a picture like that!

It's not singing to me yet lads and lassie's. I'm not sure what it needs. The picture is spot on what I described but it still needs tweeking.
Perhaps less belly, less pronounce point at the spine, maybe just straighter over all.

A lot less guard. As is it would be tough to make a useable sheath.

Mr Tall has got this photo design down to a science though. Very close.

I'm sorry, but 7.5" to 8" is just too small in my opinion. They would be the size of a kagas katne and biltong.
I'd like to see these come in at around 12''.....hunting knife size.

I'm sorry, but 7.5" to 8" is just too small in my opinion. They would be the size of a kagas katne and biltong.
I'd like to see these come in at around 12''.....hunting knife size.

Yes, agreed, Anywhere between 11" to about 13", would be in my sweet spot. I'd be honest, I would pass on 7.5", it's too short for what it's original intention would be.

Yeas I think your right Karda. I was contemplating the overall shape but Kag Katne size is way too small. Id prefer the blade at least Baby Chiruuwa AK size maybe even an inch more and first run Micro Bowie size handle. That would put it about 11" minimum. I agree with Bawannas spine comment as well. SOmething about the choil area that aint right but aint sure what it is. Maybe less pronounced would do. Looking good though:thumbup:

I'm thinking everyday carry here so 11" is too big.

The basic shape of the Rose is nice but just scaling it down doesn't do it.

Need to thin from edge to spine, reduce the point on the spine and move it to look more proportional.

I don't want to replicate a KK.

Maybe best to just kick back on the success of the IBBB and call it a day.

Let the kami's do what they do best, make khukri's with an occasional bowie now and then.

Although I have a tweek on the IBBB that I might play with some.

It might be kinda hard to get that blade to look right and shrink it down to less than 11"? Maybe ill make a cardboard cutout and see what i can do with it? I do like the ideer tho. We could cut it in half and tuck it inside the handle:D

Back