Jérôme LATREILLE

Wow! That is the best engraving I have ever seen. Amazing work.

I wonder if he makes any Laguioles that cost roughly 200 Euros or so. These masterpieces look like they would cost a lot more.

Wow! That is the best engraving I have ever seen. Amazing work.

I wonder if he makes any Laguioles that cost roughly 200 Euros or so. These masterpieces look like they would cost a lot more.

I'm guessing - based on some other custom purchase from JL, among others in Europe - that the most basic custom will be, at the least, in the $ 350.00 + range. As it should be.

Here is my Latreille Laguiole - Missed your target cost by too much, I'm afraid , but no regrets. :thumbsup: :)

JL-Engrave-detail-I.jpg

JL-Profile.jpg

I really love this pattern 😊

51190395327_6a62d34a56_c.jpg

But it's not my knife 😞

Â

A work-in-progress picture from Mr. Latreille! "Ivoire de phacochère" and 14C28N. You can see from the edge of the spring that the firework filework (stupid spell check) has already been done. Hopefully, I will get this in the next couple of weeks.

work_in_progress small.jpg

Last edited:
This has quickly become one of my favorite threads. I have an inexpensive au Sabot which I purchased to see whether I liked the laguiole and I liked it enough to now have two Fontenille Pataud laguioles on order one should bee here next week while the other may be a few weeks.
I hope to add more from various makers especially Mr. Latreille, The elegant tradition honoring simplicity of his knives reminds me of the Tony Bose knives I've seen.

Last edited:
Here is something a little different than Jérôme's usual fare (this is the finished knife from post #187). It has an old-school sort of feel to it, I think. The warthog is fantastic and the engraving on the blade spine, backspring, and bolsters is incredible. Crappy photos of a wonderful knife. If the sun ever comes out again, I will try to get some better pics.

mark.JPG

pile.JPG

bolster.JPG

spine.JPG

Back