Jason Knight Jurassic Bird & Trout Project

LOVE the story,

love the shape,
love the blade point,
love the dark finish,
love the forge texture,
love the handle materials,

HATE the 'pimped' handle texture.

That's me, but someone had to say it. Show me one without all that nuttiness. (I know it grips.)

You will do well in spite of my pettiness. :D

Coop

Very nice EDC. Home run! That's what I have come to expect from the pairing. Joe you have great taste in knives and bows.

Chris

LOVE the story,

love the shape,
love the blade point,
love the dark finish,
love the forge texture,
love the handle materials,

HATE the 'pimped' handle texture.

That's me, but someone had to say it. Show me one without all that nuttiness. (I know it grips.)

You will do well in spite of my pettiness. :D

Coop

Jim I'm sure we could arrange a smooth handle :)

Last edited:
Great looking knife. I love those dips he puts in at the top of the scales for choking up during chest lever cuts and what not. That would be very important to me as a knife user versus having a barrier between the side of the blade and the handle made by the scale.

Another great project, Jason & Joe !
Thanks for your impressions, Dudley !

Doug

cool gig you guys.
I love the name :)

Smart, that's what I say. It's a good move - and knifemakers need to be thinking about bringing new people into the scene. Price seems to be the #1 critical decision.
Respect to Coop for adding perspective. Getting that handle into many hands will sort it out.
Ya neva no. Jason's got his own kind of magic working in the background.
Joe, you're something else man. I'm glad to know ya!

Smart, that's what I say. It's a good move - and knifemakers need to be thinking about bringing new people into the scene. Price seems to be the #1 critical decision.
Respect to Coop for adding perspective. Getting that handle into many hands will sort it out.
Ya neva no. Jason's got his own kind of magic working in the background.
Joe, you're something else man. I'm glad to know ya!

Buddy the feeling is mutual :)

Jason really does define the word innovator

Not only is he known for his metal mashing abilities but he is also known for his generosity with his time.

He is always teaching somewhere and a quick look at today's artists and there work shows how much he's influenced the knife world

Plus everyone that knows him knows just what an honorable and all around great guy he is

Truly one of our shining stars :)

Buddy the feeling is mutual :)

Jason really does define the word innovator

Truly one of our shining stars :)

That's sad in a way, but then Jason is only slightly mentally handicapped(retarded).:D:D:D

If you really look at some of the design elements of a Jason Knight fighter or bowie you can CLEARLY see how influential he has been to the knifemaking community....and his design elements get so little to none of the accolades that makers like Loveless, Moran or Fisk have....because Jason is an easygoing, not in-your-face kind of maker.

If Jason had a sour, mean and intimidating disposition I'm quite sure that MANY more people would know of him, and his design elements....and that is what is really sad if you think about it.

I personally like the texture that the handles have on this knife, it shows thinking outside of the box, and ties in with the whole "Jurassic" theme. If Jason could texture the flats to look like knapped flint within the anticipated price point that would be something too, wouldn't it?

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

I've gotta thank my buddy Joe for hooking me up with the Proto of these fine working knives. Mine has great, sculptured, Tiger-striped Maple scales with black Micarta pins and that superb cross-draw leather belt sheath. The thing cuts like a laser, weighs almost nothing, and has ALL of the fit/finish of a Mastersmith's work and is so marked. :cool:

Thanks Joe, thanks Jason and these things are gonna FLY out of Jason's shop....great job guys!!!!!! :)

Same here Joe after posting pics of Jason's edc's I got hold of him and got myself a stunner much like the one described above brute de forge and all!

The 3" blade is perfect for so many jobs. it won't be leaving my belt any time soon.

Mine is in presentation grade tiger maple one of my favorite handle materials.

So thanks to you and Jason from me as well!:D

Last edited:
Same here Joe after posting pics of Jason's edc's I got hold of him and got myself a stunner much like the one described above brute de forge and all!

The 3" blade is perfect for so many jobs. it won't be leaving my belt any time soon.

Mine is in presentation grade tiger maple one of my favorite handle materials.

So thanks to you and Jason from me as well!:D

Awesome buddy

You've been in on a lot of these and I really apreciate it

Thx :)

That's sad in a way, but then Jason is only slightly mentally handicapped(retarded).:D:D:D

If you really look at some of the design elements of a Jason Knight fighter or bowie you can CLEARLY see how influential he has been to the knifemaking community....and his design elements get so little to none of the accolades that makers like Loveless, Moran or Fisk have....because Jason is an easygoing, not in-your-face kind of maker.

If Jason had a sour, mean and intimidating disposition I'm quite sure that MANY more people would know of him, and his design elements....and that is what is really sad if you think about it.

I personally like the texture that the handles have on this knife, it shows thinking outside of the box, and ties in with the whole "Jurassic" theme. If Jason could texture the flats to look like knapped flint within the anticipated price point that would be something too, wouldn't it?

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

I agree 100 % buddy

Jason is always teaching and showing his craft, a kinder nore amicable fellow would be hard to find

His gift to knife making is reflected everywhere and in many artists work

Back