Joe Teti's Saga Continues

Alewn can't learn. He already knows everything.

He's probably learning whether he wants to or not like an infant learns. I have avoided making comments about illegal practices or activities suggested by Alwen. I will just say this..... if Alewn chooses to do things that are considered illegal, that is his business. But I don't want to read about it here on BF. Choosing to "brain" a deer is something that most sport hunters don't do. I totally dislike that term. Nor do they carry tools to cut wire cyclone fencing or break/enter into houses or private property. Even in a SHTF situation, there still will be "laws" and they will likely be enforced similar to what is likely to happen to the folks that participated in the unsuccessful coup in Turkey. Ya make your choices and live with the consequences.

Teti had some help getting onto the Dual Survival show. He seemed to have gotten a bit full of himself and has chosen to push some things in civil court. He made his choices and will live with the consequences.

again, EYE never said anything about "sport". This is a SURVIVAL column. Get your head right and you'll see the benefit in thinking as I do. When it's survival, laws don't mean a thing.

When it's survival, laws don't mean a thing.

Just keep in mind, that cuts both ways. The laws you think you can ignore about breaking into someone else's private property, are the same laws they may ignore about when they can/can't shoot your thieving butt................

so what? Do you mean the ones too dumb to have concealable auto rifle, with a silencer, or too dumb to avoid being out in daylight? Too dump to have NVD goggles or concealable armor? Do you actually "think" that they'd have a chance? :)

STOP IT.

Bladeforums rules do not allow support for illegal activity. There are enough legitimate skills and decisions to consider in survival situations. Focus on them.

Trash talk is troll talk.

They are SEAL candidates. Try to keep up as I'm getting tired of your bullshit. Every post you make you intentionally act like an ass. You have no idea what you're talking and should really just STFU.
Thanks for correcting me on that Morrow. SEAL candidates, not yet SEALs. It's been 35 years, and I'm still learning. :D

I don't know if that means they are half way or three fourths through becoming SEALs, but the shape and conditioning that they were in was incredible. I really liked the fact that they were always up for a challenge, but didn't carry a chip on their shoulder around the rest of us. Their enthusiasm was infectious, and the black hats enjoyed the challenge. :D It was a lot of fun, the most enjoyable military training I've ever had.

We were all jealous of them, as after jump school their next assignment was HALO. What I would have given to attend that one as well... Good memories.

As for training he done marine recon training, navy seal training hallo training green berets training which he said was the hardest training he had done airborne training and the army rangers training.
I do not believe there's ever been a man who attended, much less complete, all that training. A Recon Marine to BUD/S and SFQC? That sounds fishy right there

Would it be possible for someone to have "attended" rather than fully participated for assessment in all that training? Like some sort of liaison officer or as part of JSOC? I would assume that at some stage someone had to assess the skills and SOPs of all of the special forces to ensure that critical methods lined up, since the logistic chains of each service would have some variation. I'm thinking in the case of say a chute drop, you'd want SEALs, Marines, and Rangers to all do it the same (at least from the aircraft) so that the aircrew don't make a mistake in a high stress situation. There are other reasons to cross-train, and maybe that's what's going on? Just a guess here, I have no idea, other than that its easy for stories to change in the re-telling.

I do not believe there's ever been a man who attended, much less complete, all that training. A Recon Marine to BUD/S and SFQC? That sounds fishy right there

You can be seconded to particular organizations for training. So you would go to Army SF to take one particular course that was their specialty, then to the SEALs for another and the Marines or even a foreign country for another. You are not SEAL qualified; you've just been trained by/with them in a particular subset skill.

More rare but not imaginary are individuals who have qualified as a SEAL and then switched up to Army SOF and so on.

In the 10th SFGA we had a Captain, pretty sure Vietnam Vet, who was also Ranger qualified, who got out and went into the Navy, next time I saw him he was a SEAL. Another friend, now retired was a Marine Recon, HALO Qualified, was the Honor Graduate from his SFQC course, not sure where he did his then SCUBA Training, probably at the SF SCUBA Course in Key West, and we had SEALs, Marine Recon, even a USAF Security policeman in my Ranger Course in 1967, and I went to the USN Ships Diver's course at Groton, CT. A few years later got to to a ReQual at Key West, and work some as an Assistant Instructor and there were Marines, Rangers, SF, and USAF Para-Rescue men in the SCUBA Course, so there was then and now a lot of cross service training. John

I'd still like the name of any Recon Marine who also completed BUD/S, SFQC, and Ranger school.

Hell might as well add USAF PJ. There are so many posers and embellishers these days, I'm cagey anytime anyone claims anything about themselves, but especially the incredible.

Last edited:
The man I posted about. Never mentioned any of the training and he never talked about it. My then GF told me about it and she showed me pics and medals and some cert's that he had. She thought the world of her dad. He was a Vietnam vet. Most of the training he done was when he was younger. If I misrepresented any of the training for that man then I will take the fault on me not him. But I do remember the SEALS and the rangers the Hallo training and the rangers. I remember her showing me the pics from him being in sniper school. For all I know as was mentioned before he done only some of the training with each force.
I don't think it will be a good idea for me to reach out to her and ask to for specifics after 11 years.

Fair enough sasha, this is how these stories happen, memory is a fickle thing. I don't think it was deliberate dishonesty on anyone's part. The fact that there are nut-heads who try to make a living on stolen valor makes everyone a little more on edge about that sort of thing.

There are so many posers and embellishers these days, I'm cagey anytime anyone claims anything about themselves, but especially the incredible

Agreed. This thread Is about Teti after all, LOL...

I'd still like the name of any Recon Marine who also completed BUD/S, SFQC, and Ranger school.

Hell might as well add USAF PJ. There are so many posers and embellishers these days, I'm cagey anytime anyone claims anything about themselves, but especially the incredible.
If you are trying to challenge John's credentials, you are way off base. I first met John while he was still on active duty as a Special Forces Sergeant Major. He retired out with 30 years service in some of the most interesting Spec Ops units going.

If you are trying to challenge John's credentials, you are way off base. I first met John while he was still on active duty as a Special Forces Sergeant Major. He retired out with 30 years service in some of the most interesting Spec Ops units going.
Please get your butt off you shoulders or your head out of your fourth point of contact and re-read that portion of the thread. What I thought (and think) incredulous is what sasha was told about his GF's father.

Last edited:
And John explained why there are many reasons you could be wrong but I see no appreciation of his actual experience in the field in your posts. But I bet you have read every SEAL bio in print and know it all.

And John explained why there are many reasons you could be wrong but I see no appreciation of his actual experience in the field in your posts. But I bet you have read every SEAL bio in print and know it all.
And?

Like I said --- butt, shoulders, head, fourth point of contact. No one here, including me, trashed, questioned, or even said anything (well, you did) about Mr. Larsen or his service/quals. It is only you who wants to make it about him.

Regardless, I'll remain healthily wary and cagey anytime anyone claims incredible/incredulous mil quals and exploits about themselves . That has nada to do with Mr. Larsen, and nothing you post here will make it about him or change my caginess about others in that respect.

Last edited:
Back