John Lloyd Knives

Good day folks.I'm proud to show you this knife.

This is John's newest & own pattern. The " Moonshiner " ,born deep in the Missouri woods. A knife perfect for many tasks but it is a full size knife that folds compact, very capable . 4" closed,3" blade with 2-7/8" of edge. It opens up to 7" OAL. This one has a blade & spring of 52100 of course. The covers on this knife are vintage Westinghouse natural linen micarta

Safe & Happy New Year Everyone , see you next year -Vince

N1WwTcE.jpg

a5MEqxk.jpg

gxMktrw.jpg

Y0Ypd1X.jpg

6adUfSG.jpg

YSbJh8i.jpg

Good day folks.I'm proud to show you this knife.

This is John's newest & own pattern. The " Moonshiner " ,born deep in the Missouri woods. A knife perfect for many tasks but it is a full size knife that folds compact, very capable . 4" closed,3" blade with 2-7/8" of edge. It opens up to 7" OAL. This one has a blade & spring of 52100 of course. The covers on this knife are vintage Westinghouse natural linen micarta

Safe & Happy New Year Everyone , see you next year -Vince

N1WwTcE.jpg

a5MEqxk.jpg

gxMktrw.jpg

Y0Ypd1X.jpg

6adUfSG.jpg

YSbJh8i.jpg
That's a nice one, Vince! Whoever got that one will be happy putting it in their pocket.

That's a nice one, Vince! Whoever got that one will be happy putting it in their pocket.
It's almost like a drop point,almost a Zulu. John says ," one continuous arc on the backspine ,handle & blade.

It really is an eye catching and appealing design. I like the blade a lot. I think John has a winner in his "Moonshiner" design.

I also think John has a winner here with the Moonshiner I've been carrying one,it is full size for 4" . I don't have a Bose size Zulu for size comparison ,currently.

I have these pictures of one that recently sold,this is Russian Phenolic. A paper based micarta type material. John is working out the details to reduce the " fracture" discolorations around the pins. I have seen this before with paper based Westinghouse micarta. But after some time on that material the color blended and the lighter rings around the pins blended away.

In any case,the fella who took delivery of this Moonshiner with the Russian Phenolic really liked it . I thought you might like to seethis material,I've never seen it before. John thought it was neat.

XqmRsIN.jpg

mL3M7Dy.jpg

DrCqFb1.jpg

dXy8cSR.jpg

3T2DlyB.jpg

1zcjFlK.jpg

Last edited:
Another great pattern. How many custom makers can master the variety that John does. A true artist. I now have 5 and each one is distinctly different and beautifully made. Happy New Year!

Stacked leather : ) From what I understand he only made a couple of these to test out how the leather would do. It’s been wonderful so far, 1st owner reported the same

Amber Stag,Bose slim line pattern

Attachments

• 26814615_1941326056185887_1733979210886693916_n.jpg
    26814615_1941326056185887_1733979210886693916_n.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 21
Did someone say John Lloyd knives?! I love mine and have wanted one since I first saw the fish shield knives here on BF when I first started some years ago. I was lucky enough to get these two last year from my buddy Vince. Seriously two of my favorite knives I own.View attachment 833755
I'm a huge John Lloyd fan and those two are as good as it gets.

Back