1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

John Lloyd Knives

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Campbellclanman, Jul 17, 2011.

1. VCM3

VCM3 Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 26, 2005
    Good day folks.I'm proud to show you this knife.

This is John's newest & own pattern. The " Moonshiner " ,born deep in the Missouri woods. A knife perfect for many tasks but it is a full size knife that folds compact, very capable . 4" closed,3" blade with 2-7/8" of edge. It opens up to 7" OAL. This one has a blade & spring of 52100 of course. The covers on this knife are vintage Westinghouse natural linen micarta

Safe & Happy New Year Everyone , see you next year -Vince

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    That's a nice one, Vince! Whoever got that one will be happy putting it in their pocket.

VCM3 likes this.
  3. VCM3

Oct 26, 2005
    It's almost like a drop point,almost a Zulu. John says ," one continuous arc on the backspine ,handle & blade.

hamsco likes this.
  4. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    It really is an eye catching and appealing design. I like the blade a lot. I think John has a winner in his "Moonshiner" design.

VCM3 likes this.
  5. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    The Moonshiner is a fantastic looking knife but the sowbelly has me swooned :eek:

VCM3 likes this.
  6. Blackdogfinn1

Blackdogfinn1

Jun 11, 2013
    I like the fish shield he's put on it as well

VCM3 likes this.
  7. VCM3

Oct 26, 2005
    I also think John has a winner here with the Moonshiner I've been carrying one,it is full size for 4" . I don't have a Bose size Zulu for size comparison ,currently.

I have these pictures of one that recently sold,this is Russian Phenolic. A paper based micarta type material. John is working out the details to reduce the " fracture" discolorations around the pins. I have seen this before with paper based Westinghouse micarta. But after some time on that material the color blended and the lighter rings around the pins blended away.

In any case,the fella who took delivery of this Moonshiner with the Russian Phenolic really liked it . I thought you might like to seethis material,I've never seen it before. John thought it was neat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  8. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Another great pattern. How many custom makers can master the variety that John does. A true artist. I now have 5 and each one is distinctly different and beautifully made. Happy New Year!

VCM3 likes this.
  9. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    5 Lloyd knives, each distinctive on their own. Their commonality being excellent W&T and F&F.
    image.jpeg

10. bonzodog

bonzodog Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 3, 2011
    [​IMG]

HeathH, VCM3, Will Power and 3 others like this.
  11. dispatch184

dispatch184 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2015
    One of my favorites

[​IMG]

12. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    Beautiful!

dispatch184 likes this.
  13. Blackdogfinn1

Blackdogfinn1

Jun 11, 2013
    Whoa! What's are the scales on that one made of, dispatch? Looks awesome!

14. dispatch184

Mar 9, 2015
    Stacked leather : ) From what I understand he only made a couple of these to test out how the leather would do. It’s been wonderful so far, 1st owner reported the same

VCM3 likes this.
  15. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    My favorite Lloyd, too, Drew. Love the leather, the shield, the grinds, just everything. :thumbsup:

joeradza likes this.
  16. dispatch184

Mar 9, 2015
    Thank you much : )

17. VCM3

Oct 26, 2005
    Another Moonshiner

[​IMG]

The tang is half buried,and the kick almost completely hidden. John maxed out cutting edge & blade size . This knife is a winner.

18. VCM3

Oct 26, 2005
    Amber Stag,Bose slim line pattern

Attached Files:

19. Beard&Owl

Beard&Owl KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 26, 2012
    Did someone say John Lloyd knives?! I love mine and have wanted one since I first saw the fish shield knives here on BF when I first started some years ago. I was lucky enough to get these two last year from my buddy Vince. Seriously two of my favorite knives I own. 5.jpg

20. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    I'm a huge John Lloyd fan and those two are as good as it gets.