John Lloyd Knives

So true Alan! If I wasn't headed west for a ski vacation I'm pretty sure one of them Barlows that have popped up recently would have found its way to my pocket. Lloyd's knives are a user's dream as far as customs are concerned. I carry and use mine daily. I'm sold on 52100! ;)

TZL0Sru.jpg

Excluding the two blade ( sold yesterday) ,that's a group shot of the knives on the site,and on sale. The small stag shadow spear point has eluded buyers,I can't for the life of me figure that out. It's small,light,not too fat,has a great action & nice stag. You'd be hard pressed to find anything like that one out there as far as construction type,steel type & stag.

The ebony pruner is a primo knife,as well as the stag Clipback. The Barlow and dog leg jack are killer too.

It's been said many times lately,John is killing it !!

The reason I didn't much take to the small shadow Stag was his choice of shield, it doesn't go well with the proportions and looks exactly like a Schatt & Morgan keystone. Seems like an afterthought. If he had a bar or similar shield it would change the whole look, entirely for the better. I also feel that smaller Shadows look better with a Clip, suits the streamlining more. But, these are just my views of course.

Thanks, Will

I don't know how this hasn't garnered more attention... This has to be one of the best looking knives I have ever seen, nevermind comparing it to just this thread of Johns other fantastic knives.

The stacked leather has an phenomenal look to it, and the depth that it gives is incredible. I bet it has a Great feel when in hand... I love the textured pins and shield to match the leather, and how the bolster starts out textured then fades to a polish.

Just sublime. Well done.

Last edited:
Thank you very much! A saw this knife posted by a fellow member in the customs thread last year.. and as my friends and family will tell you I am a little nuts for high quality leather items.. so it instantly shot to the top of my grail list. He was gracious enough to sell it to me and I will be forever grateful. I should post it more often as I carry it a lot and don’t stress about using it. As I understand it there are only 2 of these since John wasn’t sure how the leather would hold up in various climates? Vince can probably confirm or correct me on that.

Thank you very much! A saw this knife posted by a fellow member in the customs thread last year.. and as my friends and family will tell you I am a little nuts for high quality leather items.. so it instantly shot to the top of my grail list. He was gracious enough to sell it to me and I will be forever grateful. I should post it more often as I carry it a lot and don’t stress about using it. As I understand it there are only 2 of these since John wasn’t sure how the leather would hold up in various climates? Vince can probably confirm or correct me on that.
You are correct. The other has been carried every day for 3-4 years and is just fine. I glued the leather with titebondlll and Loctite 2 part to the scales. I tried getting it off after one day on a test piece and had to take a torch to it. Loctite is good stuff!

View attachment 874512 View attachment 874513

Campbellclanman Campbellclanman Looks like our knives were made around the same time period in Loreto. I love this one so much, and it does seem bulletproof like a tank. joeradza joeradza J John L John do you still make knives in Mexico? Is there anything unique about the Loreto knives?

Will Power Will Power I came so close to buying that beautiful English Jack. I would not miss another opportunity.

NJBillK NJBillK I think that Drew's knife is subtle, and the leather is hard to see in photographs. Yet, it still gets lots of attention when he posts it. I always watch what he dispatch184 dispatch184 is buying and using, because he has great taste in knives. I also cannot wait to see photographs of your long lost sowbelly. Do you have an idea of when it was made. By the way J John L , that reminds me, there are several of us ready to buy sowbellys if you feel like making any.

joeradza joeradza Stunning trio!

Last edited:
View attachment 874512 View attachment 874513

Campbellclanman Campbellclanman Looks like our knives were made around the same time period in Loreto. I love this one so much, and it does seem bulletproof like a tank. joeradza joeradza J John L John do you still make knives in Mexico? Is there anything unique about the Loreto knives?

Will Power Will Power I came so close to buying that beautiful English Jack. I would not miss another opportunity.

NJBillK NJBillK I think that Drew's knife is subtle, and the leather is hard to see in photographs. Yet, it still gets lots of attention when he posts it. I always watch what he dispatch184 dispatch184 is buying and using, because he has great taste in knives. I also cannot wait to see photographs of your long lost sowbelly. Do you have an idea of when it was made. By the way J John L , that reminds me, there are several of us ready to buy sowbellys if you feel like making any.

joeradza joeradza Stunning trio!
I have a little house the fishing village of Loreto, Baja California Sur. I just stamp those made there with the Loreto stamp. It finally wore out or I think I actually abused it...and no more Loreto stamp. I make about 50-60 knives a year in Loreto. When the fishin sux I make knives.

You are correct. The other has been carried every day for 3-4 years and is just fine. I glued the leather with titebondlll and Loctite 2 part to the scales. I tried getting it off after one day on a test piece and had to take a torch to it. Loctite is good stuff!

Wow thank you for that follow up John that is awesome to hear : ) Am I assuming correctly that you own the other one? It feels really great in hand, just enough texture while still feeling “soft”. If you do anything to the leather maintenance wise I would appreciate any tips I should also be doing. Thank you much!

Last edited:
Back