John Lloyd Knives

I have been carrying my pre-ban E Ivory slippie for sometime now....man I just LOVE this knife.
myknives005-14.jpg

Mountain billy, did you engrave the shield?, or has John added this touch?

Just picked up a stag spear form our favorite dealer :rolleyes:

Sorry, no pics at the moment, but love it to death. Fits my hand perfectly and I can't pass up a spear blade.

Timcsaw: I am building 3 saddlehorns right now. I think they will have stag, amber stag, and ele ivory on them. At least...that is the plan now. Things change down here in Mexico from time to time!

Hey John... any of those saddlehorns ready for pictures yet? Shoot me a PM if you'd prefer.

Thanks!

This stag dogleg jack of John's I picked up several weeks ago is in serious contention for permanent EDC. It hasn't left my pocket since it arrived in the mail. I can't ever remember showing that much faithfulness to one knife...:D
jl1-1.jpg

I like the Spear-point Blade combo with the dogleg that John did there Corey...was this made custom for you?

That's a dandy Corey, It's nice and round
and the swedges look great. That long pull is
right on! His stag always seems to look great!

Jason

Duncan, no, that was not made just for me. I picked it up off the Exchange. I didn't even know John did that pattern. But I'm starting to see that there are not many patterns he doesn't make.
Thanks for the comments gents. Sincerely appreciated.

My apologies for reviving my own thread folks, I have a couple of John Lloyd slippies arrive recently, and to be honest...today was the first day of MANY weeks/months that I have had to take photos...BUT only of one knife, there are scores more knives I need to catch up on so I can throw lots of eye candy at you-my fellow enthusiasts!
Here is my latest Lloyd, a Saddlehorn that to me is just stunning, I havent been able to put this lovely knife down since I laid hands on it...apart from waiting for the falling Sun...so I could only try to capture the beauty that this jigged bone sweetheart beholds!
Please guys...I tried to take the photos on many different angles so you could stop... and take in the lovely jigging on this bone, the Colour...and the style of this knife...its almost a Lannys-clip in a Saddlehorn surround, man this knife has just hit the nail on the head for me, I hope you get something out of these photos, enjoy your day/night friends.
I am shifting house at this moment so please forgive me as my other knives are packed away, I will retrieve the other new Lloyd soon.
myknives079-1.jpg

myknives080.jpg

myknives081-1.jpg

myknives077-1.jpg

myknives078-1.jpg

myknives075-1.jpg

A message to John Lloyd.
I just want to say thank you for letting a ordinary Kiwi guy be able to have the luxury of being lucky enough to experience your workmanship, I have many of your knives-all through our favourite dealer, and I can honestly say that if I am a lucky enough man to continue enjoy this wonderfull life, I will continue to enjoy your wonderful knives, thank you Sir.

Another gunstock, single-blade trapper style. Sorry for the poor photography

photo-1-1.jpg

Haha that sheath looks familiar :rolleyes:

I've been browsing this thread and I must say I'm terribly impressed, if it's not against the rules might I ask where I can order one of John's knives? And can anyone fill me in on the price of one of his beauties, roundabout. Thanks!

I got my first Lloyd a couple of weeks back, it's my first fully hand made knife. It's absolutely beautiful, and holding the child of someone's labour in your hands just feels completely different from the other factory made knives I have.

IMG_6422.jpg

VERY nice!

I'm still waiting to see one of John's Saddle Horn patterns... anyone (or John) have one to show?

On edit; guess I should have looked back a few posts!

This Saddlehorn is bee-utiful!

My apologies for reviving my own thread folks, I have a couple of John Lloyd slippies arrive recently, and to be honest...today was the first day of MANY weeks/months that I have had to take photos...BUT only of one knife, there are scores more knives I need to catch up on so I can throw lots of eye candy at you-my fellow enthusiasts!
Here is my latest Lloyd, a Saddlehorn that to me is just stunning, I havent been able to put this lovely knife down since I laid hands on it...apart from waiting for the falling Sun...so I could only try to capture the beauty that this jigged bone sweetheart beholds!
Please guys...I tried to take the photos on many different angles so you could stop... and take in the lovely jigging on this bone, the Colour...and the style of this knife...its almost a Lannys-clip in a Saddlehorn surround, man this knife has just hit the nail on the head for me, I hope you get something out of these photos, enjoy your day/night friends.
I am shifting house at this moment so please forgive me as my other knives are packed away, I will retrieve the other new Lloyd soon.
myknives079-1.jpg

myknives080.jpg

myknives081-1.jpg

myknives077-1.jpg

myknives078-1.jpg

myknives075-1.jpg

A message to John Lloyd.
I just want to say thank you for letting a ordinary Kiwi guy be able to have the luxury of being lucky enough to experience your workmanship, I have many of your knives-all through our favourite dealer, and I can honestly say that if I am a lucky enough man to continue enjoy this wonderfull life, I will continue to enjoy your wonderful knives, thank you Sir.

Last edited:
Back