John Lloyd Knives

This thread is where I first learned of John Lloyd and after Vince's GA, I now have my own.
I love it and I don't see it ever leaving the pocket, but you know how that goes.
P1015355.jpg

I have Mr. Lloyd making me a new knife and I can't wait to have more of his fantastic work. :thumbup:

I was also a winner of Vince and John's GA and cannot get over how great the mammoth bone shadow slimline trapper fits in the pocket and just feels "right" This could possibly end my quest for the "one" knife. Won't stop me from looking and probably buying some more knives But this john Lloyd has found a permanent place in my pocket along with some other stuff for edc. Thanks again Vince and John.

I just received this large muskrat from John today and wanted to share. I love square bolstered muskrats and wanted one a little more upsized. So he made this one at a robust 4.25" closed.
Blades are 52100 and covers are Westinghouse antique ivory micarta. I'm told the micarta will yellow in time which is just fine with me.
Thanks John!
Lloyd_mrat2_zps8238daf2.jpg

Thats a little bit different one of Johns.... well done Corey! I totally agree...those Bolsters suit the knife down-pat!... and with a bit of use, those scales will look even better than they do now with a yellow age look to them.

Corey, that Muskrat is great looking. Is it a two spring or a single spring?

Corey, Nice one buddy! I dig that Muskrat with that Westinghouse Ivory
micarta, It's going to look even better after you use it with that stuff on it.
Blades look real nice, 52100... and that micarta is going to be lovely! Can't wait
to see it after you carry it awhile... Congrats buddy

Jason

You evil people are making me think I have to get one before he starts increasing his prices! Sooo annoyed that my knife budget is all tapped out for this and next month.

Thanks for the info... the only Muskrat I have is an ordinary Carl Schlieper. However - that Lloyd Muskrat is great looking.

His knives are awesome.
I have a few new ones for this thread, I just need to get some things written down and I'll get pics posted.

It's always nice to see more of John's work, and that's a particularly nice example.

Okay guys, since winning the 4th of July giveaway I have hunted down and enjoyed more of John's awesome craftsmanship. He really knows how to make a beautiful and perfectly functioning folder and his prices make it all possible for just about anybody willing to safe up for a couple of months.

Here is my first Lloyd since winning the giveaway.
P1015719.jpg

P1015699.jpg

P1015766.jpg

A beautiful Lanny's clip and a knife I have enjoyed every minute of use and carry.
It's a wonderful piece.

At 4 1/8 though, it's not always the most comfortable pocket pal.
The 154 CM steel really takes and holds an edge though.

The next was a knife I really just connected with from the first time I saw it and thankfully it's owner was willing to make a deal.
A beautiful slimline trapper, with the most awesome jigging and dye. The bone comes alive in your hand and really makes for a good grip.
P1015782.jpg

P1015783.jpg

This slimline is probable the easiest "big" knife I have ever carried. It's also 4 1/8'', but it hides so well.
P1015794.jpg

Fantastic edge and a great slicer of all things edible.

The last knife is one I order from John, my first ever custom order. I've had a few customs in the past now, but this one was the one I wanted.
After using and enjoying John's version of the Lanny clip in micarta, I knew one in stag would be even better. After seeing the Amber stag that Duncan has, I knew it was exactly what I wanted when John mentioned it.
P1015825_zpsee1e9601.jpg

This knife just oozes beautiful.
P1015803_zpsd492be42.jpg

The 52100 blade is headed for some great work this hunting season and hopefully many more to come.
P1015827_zps0fb6dde3.jpg

P1015815_zpsab4c4d91.jpg

Thanks again John, this one is special.

That's some gorgeous stag, johnny. I think Mr. Lloyd nailed that one!

Back