John Lloyd Knives

I was going to post a pic of my John Lloyd #6 but the server doesn't want to take it.....

The wood, "una del gato," is really nice. Looks like desert ironwood.

Is it this one, by any chance?

007-8.jpg

Had I been the one choosing and not my son, that's the one I would have grabbed! He picked exactly the right knife for him, but just look at that wood!

~ P.

Those are nice. Sleeping like babies in the face of rust.

Black Gaboon JLnew knives 004.jpg Excuse the pic quality, it really takes away from the actual knife.

Thanks for the reply. I researched gaboon ebony. That's some great stuff! Very dense. I like ebony a lot and gaboon seems to be the premier stuff!

Mark

Clutch, those are some beautiful trappers. I always loved the clip and wharncliffe combination.

Here is a look at a Lanny Clip John made for a friend It has CPM 154 ss blade & Westinghouse micarta. When I opened up the package & looked I thought he made a mistake & hafted it in elephant ivory. It came out beautiful.
Thanks Everyone for everything this past year & Happy New Year to all,-Vince

009-9.jpg

011-11.jpg

014-6.jpg

016-6.jpg

018-5.jpg

Here is a Gunstock frame folder by John hafted in some real nice ram horn,witch you do not see alot of times. This particular knife came out fantastic CPM 154 CM ss blade & spring
Knife was sold but I thought you all might like to see it

016-10.jpg

018-7.jpg

021-6.jpg

022-4.jpg

025-4.jpg

026-1.jpg

029-5.jpg

Vince,
thanks for showing this knife. Ram's horn is the most common handle material where I come from, although the "raw" (natural, not smooth) examples are less than the smooth ones. It's interesting to see it used in a US traditional slipjoint.

Fausto
:cool:

Wow that does look awesome! This gives me an idea...Fausto I will send you a mail :)

Wow, Vince, that's a beauty! I just love Gunstocks, and that ram's horn is sweet :thumbup:

I like the look of the Lannys Clip Vince...that,s a fine lookin' knife! and thank you for this past year.

Back