John Lloyd Knives

Here's a new Swayback Jack with some awesome Stag! John did a GREAT job
on this one! Nice action, Great grinds, nice and smooth pull! You guys might want to
get one of his knives, John is a great guy to deal with and a helluva knifemaker...
Thanks a lot John..

Jason

003-11.jpg

014-8.jpg

022-5.jpg

009-5.jpg

005-9.jpg

Very nice! Jason did he change his stamp. Brett has been carrying one of John knifes and he thinks theyre great!

Jason...that knife is a beauty!!...I love those Wharnecliff's ....awesome job John :thumbup: and Jason, every time you popst a knife I get jealous :D, but thank you for shairing your fantastic knives my friend.
Rick, if you go to post number 3 of this thread, I asked about the different stamps, and John explains to us why he uses the different stamping.

I have a few of John's and like them. I hope to get one of his latest soon. I really love the stag on this one. Need a copy!!!!!!

Last edited:
Jason That is a great looking knife. I have a John Lloyd waiting for me when I get back to Canada in a month. Seeing your picture makes the wait that much longer.

In your last picture, the knife seems quite thick. Do you think it would be comfortable in your pocket as an EDC?

Oops....double post. I'll say it again though. John Lloyd knives are great. Always looking for more.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I just thought I would show you a few of my latest John Lloyds, awesome knives...
A group shot, I have two of my older John Lloyds in here as well, the long Stag handled Jack is my knife that I use when I do drawing, I draw Eagles, and Big Cats, and use water colour pencil, and ALWAYS need a very fine point on my pencils, so I put this knife on a Ceramic rod...wow!, and also, I didnt think this stunning slimeline trapper would leave me, but its going to my very good blade brother-its a gift,and proud to be able to send him such a very close knife to me. and he is returning the favour...this place is just fantastic, anyway..here we go..

myknives010-11.jpg

My last time with this beautiful knife...this really is a lovely knife..
myknives008-14.jpg

My new Amber Stag Toothpick, with a shield that matches my great mates Stag gunstock John Lloyd that I gifted him, , I think its great to see my friend who loves his knife, and me who has a Stag toothpick that is a brother to his knife...
myknives007-13.jpg

myknives006-12.jpg

Here is a beaut!, a large folder with gorgeous Stag, I fell for this knife as soon as it touched my hands...incredible knife..
myknives002-13.jpg

myknives003-13.jpg

Now this little Ivory handled sweetheart is so close to perfect...the photos are taken slightly off centre, so I apologise if this makes the knife seem out of proportion, but believe me, two lovely very nice pieces of Ivory, and a well action knife, and ...and I just gota shut-up I guess :eek:..
myknives005-14.jpg

myknives004-12.jpg

This one here still takes a lot of beating IMHO.....
myknives009-8.jpg

Wow Duncan, you've assembled quite a crew there! You've got me beat as I only have three John Lloyds.;)

Wow Duncan, you've assembled quite a crew there! You've got me beat as I only have three John Lloyds.;)
Hey there Corey, they are great knives arent they!, I was talking to my friend in the weekend, and he just loves his gunstock with the fish shield.
I tell you what, the little Ivory one is a beautiful knife.

hello,am new to all this,but been a knife user 60 years now.i have over 100 slip loints in my collection.most are antique.i just was given one of your knives as a gift from my daughter.its a single bladed barlow 31/2 closed with ivory slabs.loved the work,a real nice knife.and am looking to buy another one.maybe you could contact me at my e-mail address udpdonnie@yahoo.com as i don.t know how to get around on this site thank you Don

Arrived exactly as ordered (3.5" overall length, single pinchable wharncliffe blade, 4 pull on 1-10 scale, halfstop, amber stag, bollocks shield). Pics are color accurate without additional saturation or constrast.

lloyd.jpg

In the right light the pin in the shield is visible, appears to be a slightly different color from the shield. Can faintly see the pin on this side of the bolster. Stamp is slightly deeper on the left than on the right.

lloyd1.jpg

Slight peppering on backside of tang. Stag is awesome on both sides and feels "alive" in hand.

lloyd2.jpg

Blade at halfstop position, backspring flush.

lloyd3.jpg

Blade nicely centered, swedge is subdued.

lloyd4.jpg

Blackspring flush in closed position.

lloyd5.jpg

Blackspring / blade flush in open position. Zero blade wobble.

lloyd6.jpg

Blade fills the handle very well.

lloydcentered.jpg

John didn't know my knife would be subject of intense scrutiny under a macro lens and it's a little unfair to scrutinize it that way. Wasn't made to be a safe queen, was built in the exact configuration I prefer for a user and has been my main EDC slipjoint since it's arrival. John, you are a true gentleman, thank you for making such a great value in a custom slipoint.

Thats a lovely knife, and its good to see that the knife passed the test.
Mind you in saying that, it depends on the money you spent in contrast to the evaluation the knife gets, and I think John has passed this test everytime.
Chief...you have a lovely knife there...thank you for showing us....brilliant photos.

Chief:

John that one looks really nice. Bring it with you when we get together, I would love to check it out in person,

Charles

Fantastic shots ! That blade shape will have to be the next one I order from John.
This is my first knife with 52100. So far it has cut everything. Today I decided to clean the blade from all the sticky crap from opening various stuff from Christmas.

I have forgot and left this in my coin pocket numerous times , and it has went thru the washing machine at least twice. So it did develop some faint water marks on one side of the blade. It does have some nicks and dings here and there from being used , it has became my go to knife since I got it.

Well since it was being cleaned , and I was already taking some shots of a few other items , I decided to snap a few new picts of it.

JTW-1845x by the45guy, on Flickr

JTW-1841x by the45guy, on Flickr

Shadow I got recently (rosewood and 52100). Wish I could match some of the photo skills in this thread!

DSCF7679.jpg

Interesting that the two knives directly above this post are next to each other. It was a picture of JTW's Remington Baby Bullet Trapper style knife on another forum that sent me on a google search for John Lloyd knives. I could not believe how gorgeous it was, and needed to know more! One of the places that search brought me was here, and when I saw the Rosewood Shadow that Sonnemann had for sale I joined the forum and bought the knife!

Interesting that the two knives directly above this post are next to each other. It was a picture of JTW's Remington Baby Bullet Trapper style knife on another forum that sent me on a google search for John Lloyd knives. I could not believe how gorgeous it was, and needed to know more! One of the places that search brought me was here, and when I saw the Rosewood Shadow that Sonnemann had for sale I joined the forum and bought the knife!

Doug,
Can I be the first to say to you..Welcome to our forums, my finger was hovering on that button when that awesome knife was in our for sale threads - believe me..so I am glad you bought that lovely knife before I did.
So what do you think of the knife now that you have it and are using it?
I look forward to seeing a lot more of your input..and photos? with that lovely knife in use.
Duncan

Back