Just a Picture:

I am with you, friend. Love the Hi-Power.
Raised on 1911's in the '70's by Pops and "Jeff Cooper & Co." at Gunsite in the early '80's. Never have recovered, except for my acquired and Cooper approved (so there is that) love for CZ 75's (75 P02 daily carry - I dare say I may (may) like and shoot it better as a EDC. . . . ).

I will take the second one of those bush boots, so there are now two to be sold on FBF!

I like the CZ75, and pretty much everything else that Mr. Tanfoglio came up with. I carried a Baby Eagle for a couple of years back at the turn of the century. I miss the days when the Tanfoglio stuff was less well known and CZ75s were more affordable lol

2v2HcLWHLxurAoi.jpg

Yup, Monarch as others said. It’s smaller than my “bigger” knives and bigger than my smaller knives.

Quick pic to give you an idea...

a26lTue.jpg

Thanks, the picture made it look longer. Is that a LTWK Frontier Valley? Nice collection.

Tools for wandering through the surreality and documenting it. Sometimes at night, if it weren't for the street lights, the world would take on a sort of Last Man on Earth appearance. Other times it's combined with a Logan's Run-ish sort of flavor. More images later in articles on the FF website
20200411_104832-vi.jpg

Tools for wandering through the surreality and documenting it. Sometimes at night, if it weren't for the street lights, the world would take on a sort of Last Man on Earth appearance. Other times it's combined with a Logan's Run-ish sort of flavor. More images later in articles on the FF website
20200411_104832-vi.jpg
So, how does the Shady baby compare to the Bushboot? I have both but I'm interested in your thoughts on these.

So, how does the Shady baby compare to the Bushboot? I have both but I'm interested in your thoughts on these.

I think it is very reminiscent of the Bushboot but with a little less curvature to the handle that is a little more comfortable in carving and whittling etc., in an overhand grip but still feels pretty good in an underhand grip in defensive postures. I wouldn't mind if it had a little more blade to be honest, but with it hitting the 3 inch mark the blade is fine as is. I'm glad it isn't any shorter. I'd love to see an iteration with essentially the same handle length, though a little bit more wouldn't be annoying or anything, but with like 3/8 to 1/2 inch more blade length and partially dagger-ground in tapered 3/16. Now that would be an epic edc in our suddenly confusing and troubling apocalyptic world :)
20200410_193931-vi.jpg

Aren't you describing the JB mid-Shady except for the "partially dagger-ground in tapered 3/16"?

• Blade Length: 3.325"
• Overall Length: 7.875"
• Blade Metal: 5/32" A2 Steel

This surely is a nice one.

View attachment 1320056

Maybe so. Not familiar with that model, just the Shady Baby I have, which have no complaints of at all just to be clear. I was just visualizing a SB like an older dagger ground Bushboot in 5/32 I had years ago and liking the mental image. and the Bushboot has like a 3.3 inch blade on like a 4.3 inch handle, so pretty close I guess. I just really like the idea of a dagger ground edc when I'm out documenting this mess at night, and feeling all the I Am Legend-ish moments lol

Back