KA-BAR Chat thread - Come on in the house

Now you can shoot stuff with your eye laz0rz. :D Glad everything went well.

Thanks :thumbup: I wish I could :D.. If I'd Cyclops the crap out of stuff if I could. And it would save me from carrying around something to start fires :rolleyes:

I want to do a giveaway in time for camping season but there's 5 going on right now, 2 have been in for up for 2weeks with no end in sight. I'm wondering if I should wait....
It would seem the board is all GAWs. Maybe I should open it to more than Krew members to get traffic? What's y'all's opinion?

I was planning on some kinda tight restrictions too but now idk...
Maybe I'll just bring it to the gathering.

uh ... so when's 'camping season'? With Spring just starting seems like there's plenty of time. ;)

Bringing it to the Gathering's good too.

In NC right nows my favorite time to camp. 60's during the day and high 40's at night. No skeeters and ticks. Although me and my daughter both had one tick each about a week ago. Earliest I've ever seen it. Was a harsh winter too. Weird.

I use Google Calendars to keep me roughly where I'm supposed to be when I'm supposed to be there.

One of the calendar's I imported is for birthdays.

April 1 showed that it was KA-BAR's b-day.

Now I get that it was April 1, and April Fool's and all that, but

1) Does KA-BAR have a date they celebrate?

2) Which trickster at the company decided that was a good idea?

Last edited:
The original Tidioute Cutlery Company, considered to be the beginning of Union Cutlery, and ultimately KABAR, was formed on April 29, 1897. After it folded at the turn of the century (or thereabouts), the assets were purchased in Jan 1902 by Wallace Brown and was the basis for Union Razor Company. Mr. Brown and others applied to form Union Razor in March 1902 and "within a month" the company was in full operation.

It's very possible that the Union Razor Company incorporation paperwork was signed by the Governor of Pennsylvania on April 01, 1902, which was a Wednesday. More digging required, or maybe, OKB can find out for us. :D

I illuminated the night sky with the Moose signal. He'll be with you shortly.

MooseSignal_zpsfsbfrkpp.jpg

Yesh? We have a need for an off the chain contest.........??

Let me just dip into my utility belt here and.......awwww jeez.....hold on......damn snaps......just a sec.

Ok, I can't get it open. Damn hooves........

I'll get this thing open here shortly .......then it's on.

Moose

So Moose-Man, what challenge do you have for me? :D

Nos, get over to the picture request thread and post a picture of your Aussie and a Ka-Bar so we can get it rolling again.

Good morning all !!

Had weekly lunch yesterday with the "Curmudeons" at El Chico's. I've been part of the group for about 8 years or so. Usually 4 or so of us old guys, with one guy paying and everyone else throwing in a $10 tip each. I think we've put several of the wait staff through college... They are having a Dos Equis promotion right now. One of the group said "I don't always have lunch with idiots, but when I do, I do it on Thursdays." Haha. They gave us some scratch tickets, and I won a dog tag bottle opener.

Stay thirsty, my friends!

I don't usually go to El Chico, my friend, but if I do, it'll be to try to scarf up a bottle opener. :D

Is it just me, or is it quiet in here? It seems I missed the big rush when membership was opened because I was stuck in El Paso (again....). Now I seem to be hearing crickets.... :D

Well, part of the problem is that lots of folks don't even now were here. Kinda like a stealth chat room.

Cool dog tag! I love Dos Equis. The amber is good but I prefer the lager. If you can find the lager on tap in a frozen mug with half a lime.... Oh man, that's good stuff! Only one place around here had it but they shut down and the new owners don't carry it...:(. So it's bottles for me.

haha.

I used to love El Chico when I was a kid. They had one right outside my hometown, and we would go there. I absolutely loved their burritos. Haven't been to an El Chico in over 25 years, but I wish I could.

Congrats on the dogtag.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Well, part of the problem is that lots of folks don't even now were here. Kinda like a stealth chat room.

It's a chat room for introverts.

We come in here and just kind of hang out and don't say much to anybody, look around for a while, and then move on with our lives.

I'm thinking about putting in a comfy couch and maybe one of those artificial noise makers so it sounds like birds chirping and the breeze blowing through the leaves.

There aren't to many who continually stay in this one sub. Its not like the Becker snark thread that's dang near constant activity.

Back