Kapara

madcap_magician

Farts rainbows.
Platinum Member
I really gotta say that I have a bad case of lust for the Kapara. A sprint/exclusive in 20CV/M390/CTS-204P would be a serious challenger to the high-end ZT. Even in S30V it's a must-have if I can scrape up the cash.

No to S30V and no to the premium spyderco charges for carbon fiber.

20CV or BD1N and contoured G10 would have cost less with better steel and high functionality. I was interested but the street price is guaranteed to push people away, including me. Can you imagine this knife for $130 instead of $190 and a steel other than S30V?

It does look like a very interesting design, but i know the price is going to be ridiculous.

No to S30V and no to the premium spyderco charges for carbon fiber.

20CV or BD1N and contoured G10 would have cost less with better steel and high functionality. I was interested but the street price is guaranteed to push people away, including me. Can you imagine this knife for $130 instead of $190 and a steel other than S30V?

It does look like a very interesting design, but i know the price is going to be ridiculous.

I'm in agreement. Materials and price just don't say value to me. I don't care for carbon fiber much so that's not really something that appeals to me. I like the design quite a bit.

Nice looking design. I like S30V fine. Not crazy about CF and would prefer G10.

I like it. Not opposed to s30v as I'm sure it would suit most of my needs just fine but was really hoping it would've been in something else... same for the smock.

Will still likely pick up both cause they look great.

I don't think $190 is a total killer, but it does make me think about waiting to see if we get a steel upgrade from somewhere. I think the odds are low because we don't seem to get sprints or exclusives of the Taichung knives. I like the contoured carbon fiber, but I love the wire clip and the red G10 backspacer.

I don't think $190 is a total killer, but it does make me think about waiting to see if we get a steel upgrade from somewhere. I think the odds are low because we don't seem to get sprints or exclusives of the Taichung knives. I like the contoured carbon fiber, but I love the wire clip and the red G10 backspacer.

If you like it get it.
I've heard a lot of complaining about the Shaman and its outstanding. I want another one in stonewash. A lot of people are enjoying it, but without more onboard a sprint is unlikely for some time.
I remember when the Para3 came out a lot of people were not so impressed because the PM2 was so popular. They took off after a while and now we have a lot of sprints.
Dont wait if you like it.

Last edited:
It looks like a great blade, and I am fine with S30V. M390 and its analogs are ubiquitous enough now that they don't excite me quite so much. Plus, the comp. lock wins out over ZT framelocks 10/10 times for me.

The Kapara is my most anticipated Spyderco this year. I will almost certainly pick one up.
Although Spyderco does fantastic S30V, I will cede that at the price point I would feel better about something like XHP, even if just to mix it up a bit.

I personally wouldn’t trade the contoured moddled CF for a steel upgrade, however. The scales give it the zing that puts it over the top!

Last edited:
The Kapara is my most anticipated Spyderco this year. I will almost certainly pick one up.
Although Spyderco does fantastic S30V, I will cede that at the price point I would feel better about something like XHP, even if just to mix it up a bit.

I personally wouldn’t trade the contoured moddled CF for a steel upgrade, however. The scales give it the zing that puts it over the top!

That was my thought. The regular G10 would just not make this knife pop the way it does. Polished G10 or micarta, I suppose, would have been pretty nice, though.

If you like it get it.
I've heard a lot of complaining about the Shaman and its outstanding. I want another one in stonewash. A lot of people are enjoying it, but without more onboard a sprint is unlikely for some time.
I remember when the Para3 came out a lot of people were not so impressed because the PM2 was so popular. They took off after a while and now we have a lot of sprints.
Dont wait if you like it.

The Shaman is one I still want to try. I didn't like it when it first came out, but it's really grown on me since. The Para 3 is actually one of my favorite Spydercos now, I really liked the PM2, but it was just a bit large for my pockets. Turns out the Para 3 is exactly the right size, fills the same niche as the Delica to me.

I saw one listed as in stock today and ordered it immediately.
First time I’ve ever bought a knife on it’s release day.
I’m even more excited after seeing the designer’s unboxing.
I’ve been practicing purchase abstinence since May...not-so-patiently waiting for this one.

Last edited:
It's on my want list. S30V is fine, the design is great, I have a soft spot for carbon fiber and I can get over the comp lock ;)

Just discovered this today on YouTube, wow what a great looking design, really craving a Spyderco that has a thinner profile like this! Better when using it for paring, like pealing an apple. I use a knife about as much pulling the blade toward my thumb as I do pushing it away. Something like a Manix is fantastic for slicing (one of my favorites), but not as versatile for cutting towards yourself like stripping wire, carving etc. This knife looks very practical to me...and classy!

Last edited:
Anyone take delivery of this knife yet? I'd really love to see some comparison pictures :)

g1fiFnA.jpg

the new pair, pics really don't do justice to just how small the McBee is :)

aSdxlq7.jpg

Kapara with a few fellow Spyders

b5pv2jw.jpg

Spyder hole and spine on the Kapara are a little sharp, beautifully melted on the McBee. I really wish Taichung would take this step on all their blades.

sMopCf5.jpg

Together in the pocket

Great pics! Thanks for the PM2 comparo! Stocked for this one and trying to wait for my preorder to ship.

Great pics! Thanks for the PM2 comparo! Stocked for this one and trying to wait for my preorder to ship.

No problem. Fit/centering is perfect and it deploys very smoothly, can easily thumb/index flick it out, but it does not drop shut like a PM2 at least out of the box.

Back