Ken Erickson Knives: A Retrospective

Ken they are all nice but that pearl swayback is really ,really nice looking. Who ever buys that, or bought it,>You have impeccable taste in custom hand made pocket knives :thumbup:

Great execution, Ken, even if it's not a pattern I normally gravitate toward...It's a beauty.

Ken, Very nice! A little harder with the cap?
Cap bolsters always add a bit more to the build but not too bad. I like using them on a knife with pearl as it gives some protection if accidentally dropped.

Thanks for the kind comments on the swayback guys!

I am making up a batch of my picks (not available) and spent the day getting them ready for heat treat.

I also thought it maybe fun to see if any sharp eyed readers can identify the knife that these parts are being made for. Very early on in the build so more to come. I can say the closed length is 4 1/4, based very close to a specific vintage knife, including the extension spring for the pen blade, by a USA company no longer making knives. The shape of the master blade maybe a good hint.;)

Hello Ken. Nice picks. Is your new knife you are working on based on a early Remington?
Nathan

That I am sure will be a very nice knife. I am trying to remember...was that knife a barehead originally? How are you going to dress it or is that a surprise?
Nathan

Ken that pearl is a stunner!! Fantastic job on the pins :thumbup: That stuff can be a pain in the keister to drill.

I'm going to say that the build in question is a 134 pattern (I think), the mention of the caps kind of steered me in that direction.

Eric

Back