Kershaw/Emerson models in stock

Pivot adjustment did not work—when loosened to the point of flawless wave deployment there was play. When tightened to the point where there was no play, wave deployment was not flawless, more like half to three quarter deployment 2 out of three times like stated above. I really do not wish to debate this any further because just like I know others experience the same that I have, I also know that many people own Emerson's and collabs and are perfectly satisfied. Mileage varies. But if my Endura performs flawlessly, I'm sure proper user input isn't the issue.

All the back and forth about who is using the knife right and who is using it wrong is pretty amusing. Actually, it's a little unnecessary. So what if someone is not using the wave feature like it is supposed to be used. The bottom line is that if the user is not happy with the knife they will not carry/use it. Just my two cents.

All the back and forth about who is using the knife right and who is using it wrong is pretty amusing. Actually, it's a little unnecessary. So what if someone is not using the wave feature like it is supposed to be used. The bottom line is that if the user is not happy with the knife they will not carry/use it. Just my two cents.
It's helpful to discuss what works and doesn't work. It's the same discussion that happens when people have issues with flippers. Some knives flip better than others. In some instances, people have to change their technique.

My cqc-6k arrived today. Lockup is solid with no play. The kick bar engages at about 70%. Opening isn't very smooth, not gritty mind you, but not smooth. I believe it will get smoother with time. I do wish it were a little larger. It feels comfortable in hand but I can barely get a four finger grip. My initial impressions are quite favorable and I feel it is well with the price these are going for online.

No, offense to anyone, but do you guys not live near a hardware store? Can you not stop by and pick up the screws you need? I'm not trying to be a smartass. I know it is less than ideal, and you shouldn't have to deal with these kinds of issues. But this is a brand new model from Kershaw. They've still got some kinks to work out, and since this knife is produced abroad, that is no doubt a time consuming process. I'm not surprised the US plant wouldn't have a huge supply of the hardware used in this knife, since the knife is not assembled here. If it was just a matter of a couple screws I'd just head out to my local Ace Hardware, spend the few bucks, and pick up what I needed in high quality alloy steel.

KAI has the best CS in the business. I'd never expect Spyderco or Benchmade to send out parts free of charge. I have a Mini Grip with a broken Omega spring and I wish BM would send them out.

We should not have to purchase ANYTHING further for a knife that is advertised as having a reversible clip. This is what having CS (and according to you "the best CS in the business") is all about. Yes it is a new product. However that isn't an excuse for not having the proper parts available. Kershaw takes their time to actually release a product after it's unveiling for many reasons. One of which is to make sure they have all their ducks in a row regarding any possible warranty and QC issues. In the case of Smokinape's (and likely my) issue, they screwed up (get it? I love puns) and that is not acceptable, even in a $35 Kershaw. You can go to the supermarket and buy a tomato if Burger King forgot to put one on your sandwich, but you won't. Why? Because it is BK's responsibility to make it right and as a paying customer you have the right to demand the proper treatment.

As for your last statement. I have 3 spare clips of varying styles plus the appropriate screws for my Benchmade knives mailed to me free of charge after requesting them over the phone. I also had a warranty repair for my Spyderco PM2 and they were fantastic as well. I have yet to call Kai so I will refrain from making any blanket statements or assumptions about their CS quality. Please do not make comments about things you have no idea about. That being said I really hope you are right and Kai fixes this problem quickly.

No, offense to anyone, but do you guys not live near a hardware store? Can you not stop by and pick up the screws you need? I'm not trying to be a smartass. I know it is less than ideal, and you shouldn't have to deal with these kinds of issues. But this is a brand new model from Kershaw. They've still got some kinks to work out, and since this knife is produced abroad, that is no doubt a time consuming process. I'm not surprised the US plant wouldn't have a huge supply of the hardware used in this knife, since the knife is not assembled here. If it was just a matter of a couple screws I'd just head out to my local Ace Hardware, spend the few bucks, and pick up what I needed in high quality alloy steel.

KAI has the best CS in the business. I'd never expect Spyderco or Benchmade to send out parts free of charge. I have a Mini Grip with a broken Omega spring and I wish BM would send them out.

I have gotten parts free of charge from Spyderco...

We should not have to purchase ANYTHING further for a knife that is advertised as having a reversible clip. This is what having CS (and according to you "the best CS in the business") is all about. Yes it is a new product. However that isn't an excuse for not having the proper parts available. Kershaw takes their time to actually release a product after it's unveiling for many reasons. One of which is to make sure they have all their ducks in a row regarding any possible warranty and QC issues. In the case of Smokinape's (and likely my) issue, they screwed up (get it? I love puns) and that is not acceptable, even in a $35 Kershaw. You can go to the supermarket and buy a tomato if Burger King forgot to put one on your sandwich, but you won't. Why? Because it is BK's responsibility to make it right and as a paying customer you have the right to demand the proper treatment.

As for your last statement. I have 3 spare clips of varying styles plus the appropriate screws for my Benchmade knives mailed to me free of charge after requesting them over the phone. I also had a warranty repair for my Spyderco PM2 and they were fantastic as well. I have yet to call Kai so I will refrain from making any blanket statements or assumptions about their CS quality. Please do not make comments about things you have no idea about. That being said I really hope you are right and Kai fixes this problem quickly.

Amen brother...

I practiced plenty. It's pretty plain and simple when one deploys half to three quarters of the way 2 out of 3 times and the other performs flawlessly. I don't need to practice with the Endura. It works, the commander didn't. I am not the only one that has experienced this. What do you want me to practice? Tearing apart my jeans? I've mastered the technique as it isn't easy to deploy wearing sweats or bored shorts, the mini commander just plain didn't work like it should, and others have experienced the same with the collabs. No amount of practice is going to change that.

Different strokes man, maybe the Emerson sized/shape wave isn't for you. The placement of the spydrco wave in relation to the pivot does make it easier due to the application of the leverage versus how close the wave is to the pivot on the collaboration knives.

As of today mine (CQC-8) has now acquired an annoying squeak when opened. I have no clue why or how it is doing this, I just opened it this afternoon and "squeak...squeak...squeak" each time the blade pivots...very annoying. Put some CLP into the pivot area and will let it settle in overnight, hopefully that will fix it.

In general though, I can't recommend to someone to buy one of these, the QC is not up to Kershaw (even imports) usual levels. Nice idea, bad execution it seems. Hopefully, in time they will get things sorted out.

My cqc-6k arrived today. Lockup is solid with no play. The kick bar engages at about 70%. Opening isn't very smooth, not gritty mind you, but not smooth. I believe it will get smoother with time. I do wish it were a little larger. It feels comfortable in hand but I can barely get a four finger grip. My initial impressions are quite favorable and I feel it is well with the price these are going for online.
I am late to the party but on mine it was tight as well but after playing with it for a while it works well and is smooth. I think the quality is good for a $35 knife. This is the only China made knives I consider because Kershaw does it well.

Still gonna pick one up and see for myself.

Please pick one up. I handled a few in a little shop in Port Richey, FL today and they were awesome. A CQC-8K came home with me, and I plan on buying a 6K very soon.

I am late to the party but on mine it was tight as well but after playing with it for a while it works well and is smooth. I think the quality is good for a $35 knife. This is the only China made knives I consider because Kershaw does it well.

After a bit of wearing in, it'll get a lot more fluid. Mine arrived pretty tight as well. I haven't made any pivot adjustments or anything. Just after some periodic use over the last week or two, it has smoothed out a lot to the point where it is flickable (if you choose to open the blade that way).

I just received a CQC-3K from Kershawguy yesterday. Just want to mention that shipping was VERY fast!

I have to say that I'm a little disappointed with it, especially in comparison to the Kershaw Cryo. The transition of the belly to tanto is rounded, rather than sharp. The knife itself has a lot of rough edges and the blade grind was very uneven. The ergonomics are great and it's a great size for a sub-3" blade. I'm also a big fan of the G10 used for the scale.

I'm sure that some of the other models will make people happy, but I was hoping that the CQC-3K would be a step up from the Cryo, which it doesn't seem to be. I am looking forward to the ZT collaboration as I'm sure the ZT0620 will be a huge step up from the China made Kershaw modes.

Has it failed during your usage?

Do you mean?
My car went flying off a bridge only to find myself upside down and under water. Grabbing my 8Cr14MoV bladed knife to free myself of the tangled seat belt that was wrapped around my body with the buckle mangled by the impact of the violent crash.Slashing away at the belt with my 8Cr14MoV bladed knife as the last seconds of life left my body failed to cut the belt and left me dead?

Well…..No.

Or by failure are you referring to, the parachute I plunged out of the plane with over enemy territory caught a fellow black opps. jumper as we started to plummet toward earth at amazing speed.My only recourse was to pull my 8Cr14MoV bladed knife and cut away my main chute so as to deploy my back up and proceed with the mission.But my 8Cr14MoV bladed knife was unable to slash through the cord.As a result my fellow agent and I crashed into the earth below killing us both and splattering our bodies into hundreds of tiny pieces?

Umm….not really.

This is exhausting.Can you please be more specific?
Thank you.

Got my 1 and 2 today. Good news is they come with longer pocket clip screws which work perfectly for switching sides. Bad news, the pivot screws are still ridiculously tight, strip easily, and no longer appear to be captured, so even if you can start to loosen it, the screw just spins freely...

Back