Kershaw has requested closure of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have to. That's what's cool here on BF: nobody forces you to read anything you don't want to. Instead of whining, invest all your precious time an hard earned money and start a KAI only forum site. If it's that important to ONLY discuss KAI, then I'm sure you'll be willing to sacrifice so much. Ask Spark how easy it is. I'm sure you'll all be jumping a the chance. ORRR, you can keep whining.

"Easy"? How many forums have I seen split off from major boards...start their own boards with a fairly devoted following....and end up dying off simply due to repeated hosting issues?

Why honor the request? Why can't the forum owners moderate the sub-forum? Seems like many like the sub-forum and don't want to wade thru tons of other stuff to find KAI product info. I was thinking of upgrading my membership, but since I spend most of my time here in this sub-forum I guess I will move on. Hopefully the forum owner will leave this sub-forum open.

Why can't the members here have the forum owner open sub-forums we want? They could even allow trusted members be sub-forum mods like many others sites do. Without the members here this site would be nothing.................

It doesn't work that way here, accept it and move on. /shrug

There's the tech support forum if you want to voice your idea in the appropriate area and in a place that isn't going to be locked soon.

I think the experiment (since late May 2013) with the new rules seemed to be going well and KAI allocated manpower to mod the subforum.

I'm sure they weighed the pros and cons.

I personally have no issues with them wanting to leave. You ultimately make the best business decision you can.

I think they came to something of a decision by their absence here even though it was chalked up to Summer vacations.

Perhaps back to this post in the General Knife Discussion forum on August 9th: Are ZT knives worth it?:

I'm sorry, I've now been informed that General is a place where people can voice there opinion without catching the business from the manufacturer. I didn't realize that, and don't much agree with that. I also don't agree that all posts about a specific should be positive, but should have a level of respect. We'll try to let General be a place where we don't "mod" as much in the future.

Ever since then a certain chill from KAI and fairly inactive. Perhaps that last YouTube video (Short ZT801 Cutting Demo) pushed them over the edge.

I'm kinda disappointed. Was hoping to talk about ZT's with the fine people here. I really hope a bunch of loudmouth a-holes aren't responsible for this...

No more KAI products for me. If they can't handle transparency and discussion they don't get my business.

My buddies 801 came from factory with a butter knife edge, I don't think S30V performs as badly as that video shows.

It's not the end of the world people, we can still talk about kai knives in other subforums it just won't say KAI in the header. Some of you need to calm down and relax. This isn't the end of the world. Kai has made a decision and thats that. They don't need to give an explanation, We were here by their doing not the other way around. I have no beef with the company and won't be changing my buying habits because of a lesser company image here on BF. It is what it is, "suck it up" like I tell my kids. We'll endure one way or the other. Hope to see you all on the flip side. - Justin

This is disappointing, I have loved this forum for the 10 months I have been here, maybe it will be back

Disappointing indeed. I think there is hope though. It was shutdown for a few years and then brought back. Maybe in a couple years they'll be back.

You don't have to. That's what's cool here on BF: nobody forces you to read anything you don't want to. Instead of whining, invest all your precious time an hard earned money and start a KAI only forum site. If it's that important to ONLY discuss KAI, then I'm sure you'll be willing to sacrifice so much. Ask Spark how easy it is. I'm sure you'll all be jumping a the chance. ORRR, you can keep whining.

I do have my own forum, actually. It's not a knife forum, though we have a popular knife thread. I'll spend more time there, as there's no sifting required. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Oh no, I'm almost qualified for the Order of KAI! I just need a few more posts here...........

Well.......I don't know what to say.
I have enjoyed this forum and wanted to become a member of this forum. I have gone a little bit crazy about Kershaw/ZT. I have recently purchased 15 Kershaws and one ZTZT0560CBCF that I gave to my oldest son as a combination birthday and Masters degree graduation present. I am diappointed that the company has chosen to pull out. But.......I am just a noob.
Doug

Why honor the request? Why can't the forum owners moderate the sub-forum? Seems like many like the sub-forum and don't want to wade thru tons of other stuff to find KAI product info. I was thinking of upgrading my membership, but since I spend most of my time here in this sub-forum I guess I will move on. Hopefully the forum owner will leave this sub-forum open.

Why can't the members here have the forum owner open sub-forums we want? They could even allow trusted members be sub-forum mods like many others sites do. Without the members here this site would be nothing.................

Unfortunately, Bladeforums policy does not agree with that.

I don't see [Company X] represented, why not?

We do not provide "unofficial" company or "fan" forums for any manufacturer. In order for there to be a dedicated forum for any specific company, they must show the willingness to take part in the discussion.

If you do not see your favorite manufacturer listed here, visit their website and contact them by phone or email, and request that they join in. If enough of their customers have a demand for it, they will come.

I am sorry they are leaving.

Well I will miss it but won't be bitter. It is their decision, I do believe they got much more positive hype than negative here and that their sales will suffer as it was this forum that made me the KAI nut I am. It's where I discovered Dave and many other awesome KAI fans. Hopefully the majority of people stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back