1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Kershaw has requested closure of this forum.

Discussion in 'Kershaw Knives / Zero Tolerance' started by Spark, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skripka

Skripka

Apr 7, 2013
    "Easy"? How many forums have I seen split off from major boards...start their own boards with a fairly devoted following....and end up dying off simply due to repeated hosting issues?

2. Civil PE

Civil PE

Jun 5, 2013
    Why honor the request? Why can't the forum owners moderate the sub-forum? Seems like many like the sub-forum and don't want to wade thru tons of other stuff to find KAI product info. I was thinking of upgrading my membership, but since I spend most of my time here in this sub-forum I guess I will move on. Hopefully the forum owner will leave this sub-forum open.

Why can't the members here have the forum owner open sub-forums we want? They could even allow trusted members be sub-forum mods like many others sites do. Without the members here this site would be nothing.................

3. Skimo

Skimo

Mar 28, 2009
    It doesn't work that way here, accept it and move on. /shrug

There's the tech support forum if you want to voice your idea in the appropriate area and in a place that isn't going to be locked soon.

4. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    I think the experiment (since late May 2013) with the new rules seemed to be going well and KAI allocated manpower to mod the subforum.

I'm sure they weighed the pros and cons.

I personally have no issues with them wanting to leave. You ultimately make the best business decision you can.

I think they came to something of a decision by their absence here even though it was chalked up to Summer vacations.

Perhaps back to this post in the General Knife Discussion forum on August 9th: Are ZT knives worth it?:

Ever since then a certain chill from KAI and fairly inactive. Perhaps that last YouTube video (Short ZT801 Cutting Demo) pushed them over the edge.

5. bobbystoney

bobbystoney

Dec 13, 2010
    bummer :(

6. darkdomino

darkdomino

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm kinda disappointed. Was hoping to talk about ZT's with the fine people here. I really hope a bunch of loudmouth a-holes aren't responsible for this...

7. pilote

pilote

Jul 4, 2009
    kershaw got tired of it all; just like thomas did...

8. Fanglekai

Fanglekai

Jan 7, 2007
    No more KAI products for me. If they can't handle transparency and discussion they don't get my business.

9. Skimo

Skimo

Mar 28, 2009
    My buddies 801 came from factory with a butter knife edge, I don't think S30V performs as badly as that video shows.

10. bad_juju

bad_juju Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 7, 2011
    It's not the end of the world people, we can still talk about kai knives in other subforums it just won't say KAI in the header. Some of you need to calm down and relax. This isn't the end of the world. Kai has made a decision and thats that. They don't need to give an explanation, We were here by their doing not the other way around. I have no beef with the company and won't be changing my buying habits because of a lesser company image here on BF. It is what it is, "suck it up" like I tell my kids. We'll endure one way or the other. Hope to see you all on the flip side. - Justin

macgyver71 likes this.
  11. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Elmax not S30V. :)

ZT's Elmax is just dandy! :thumbup:

12. 65steve65

65steve65

Dec 9, 2012
    This is disappointing, I have loved this forum for the 10 months I have been here, maybe it will be back

13. gundude73

gundude73

Oct 6, 2009
    Disappointing indeed. I think there is hope though. It was shutdown for a few years and then brought back. Maybe in a couple years they'll be back.

14. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701

Jan 29, 2008
    I do have my own forum, actually. It's not a knife forum, though we have a popular knife thread. I'll spend more time there, as there's no sifting required. Thanks for the suggestion though.

15. glocktenman

glocktenman Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Oh no, I'm almost qualified for the Order of KAI! I just need a few more posts here...........

16. nwmetalbug

nwmetalbug Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2012
    LOL better hurry

17. BaldingEagle

BaldingEagle

Feb 16, 2010
    Well.......I don't know what to say.
    I have enjoyed this forum and wanted to become a member of this forum. I have gone a little bit crazy about Kershaw/ZT. I have recently purchased 15 Kershaws and one ZTZT0560CBCF that I gave to my oldest son as a combination birthday and Masters degree graduation present. I am diappointed that the company has chosen to pull out. But.......I am just a noob.
    Doug

18. presz

presz

Nov 12, 2005
    :thumbup:

19. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    Unfortunately, Bladeforums policy does not agree with that.

I am sorry they are leaving.

20. BrentD86

BrentD86 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Well I will miss it but won't be bitter. It is their decision, I do believe they got much more positive hype than negative here and that their sales will suffer as it was this forum that made me the KAI nut I am. It's where I discovered Dave and many other awesome KAI fans. Hopefully the majority of people stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.