Kershaw starting Sprint Runs!

So is this one of those things where we all have to be primed in waiting on Tuesday? I have to admit, I'm slightly excited for Kershaw for the first time in a while...

So is this one of those things where we all have to be primed in waiting on Tuesday? I have to admit, I'm slightly excited for Kershaw for the first time in a while...

Yep yep. If it's anything like the last drop, there won't be quite the rush to get them as there is for a Spyderco sprint release or similar. You will likely have at least a few hours to a couple of days to pick one up. With the last drop, Kershaw did at least two smaller releases after they sold out of the first batch. I imagine a carbon fiber Bareknuckle will probably be incredibly popular though. Especially if they go with a nice steel like M390 or something.

I agree! This has put Kershaw back on my radar and that's pretty cool. :)

I am primed and ready. If it truly is a CF Bareknuckle it will be mine. Honestly I'd be really excited if it was a sprint Natrix XL. Really enjoy that knife, even if it is 8cr and Chinese. Closest I'll ever get to a 0777 haha!

I mean...I guess it’s cool for reg peeps to act like @$$holes...

Yeah, I'm sensing those vibes for sure.

Throw a couple of free knives in the mix and the high fives will return. Whatever.

Let's get this Sprint party going again! I've got "Hungry Like the Wolf" on full blast.

KAI is a major player in the knife world. They absolutely should have a rep here that gels with the Forum.

The prior spokesperson melted down which is unfortunate. They are a company that deserves to have a fluent representative that interacts.

They make good stuff. These sprints are testament that they belong here.

If this is a Bareknuckle It should do well. It does seem like they will be concentrating on the USA made stuff with this sprint series though. Which isn't bad, just a bit limited in what designs they will use.

However, the timing does raise an eyebrow. Don't you think it's a little soon? Especially considering that some people hadn't even received their orders for the first drop when this one was announced. If the prices stay pretty low it shouldn't be too big a deal, but if they start climbing into ZT territory a lot of folks will stop buying. Granted, I would probably still lay down the $$ for one of the Hawk Lock models like the RAM or Induction.
I guess this question will just be answered in due time.

Damn...I just got the wife to forget the last sprint drop...maybe I can convince her this drop is the same knife...?

me too. I’ve been on a tear buying knives lately. she won’t be happy about this, unless I manage to convince her I paid for it months ago. “Sweetheart, you know how it goes, I put a deposit this last year. I totally forgot about it.”

It would be awesome if kershaw started doing sprints of discontinued models in special configurations.
I know I’d really like the opportunity to snag a junkyard dog for a good price.

for whatever it's worth, at least in picture #3, the subframe shape looks more like a knockout than a bareknuckle, though pictures 1 and 2 do not look knockout-y.

Random knockout in cf?

for whatever it's worth, at least in picture #3, the subframe shape looks more like a knockout than a bareknuckle, though pictures 1 and 2 do not look knockout-y.

Random knockout in cf?

They've done a CF knockout recently, I don't think they'd do another run this soon. I'm still hoping for a Bareknuckle. Lol

I’d love to see a USA produced Natrix on bearings or the Bareknuckle in CF. My money is on 7777 in CF with S30V, 20CV, or M390.

Forgot to post this piece upon receiving it...
9TVvOMH.jpg

It’s pretty baller fellas! I’m happy with this sprint, looking forward to the next one!

Back