Kershaw starting Sprint Runs!

I have my doubts Kershaw will actually do it, but I think the biggest splash would be if they did a sprint run of the Tilt in any decent steel. Do you doubt it would probably sell out in minutes?

Is there anyone who wouldn't try to jump on it if the price was even moderately reasonable?

Where would YOUR cutoff be? $100? $200? More?

For me it would have to be well under $100. Only because I won't spend too much on a non-lefty knife

I have my doubts Kershaw will actually do it, but I think the biggest splash would be if they did a sprint run of the Tilt in any decent steel. Do you doubt it would probably sell out in minutes?

Is there anyone who wouldn't try to jump on it if the price was even moderately reasonable?

Where would YOUR cutoff be? $100? $200? More?

For me it would have to be well under $100. Only because I won't spend too much on a non-lefty knife

The Tilt was like $300 when it released. It wasn’t a super sellout like you imagined, I remember seeing them sit around at that price for a while on the exchange.
It was a nice flex of Kershaws machining capability and I want to say it was the first knife KVT was developed for as well.
Regardless, I would consider buying one again if they did release one.

One thing to note is that the screw holes have Cerakote in them so if you want to swap the clip to tip up, I recommend tapping the hole with the screw without the clip in place first.

Oof. Don't do this. I forgot that Kershaw drilled the holes for tip up carry really low, so when you change the orientation of the clip it causes the knife to stick up a good inch out of your pocket. I was wondering why I hadn't swapped the other knives in my collection to tip up. I swapped it back to tip down, but the tip up holes don't look quite as good now that the Cerakote has been removed from the threads.

Oof. Don't do this. I forgot that Kershaw drilled the holes for tip up carry really low, so when you change the orientation of the clip it causes the knife to stick up a good inch out of your pocket. I was wondering why I hadn't swapped the other knives in my collection to tip up. I swapped it back to tip down, but the tip up holes don't look quite as good now that the Cerakote has been removed from the threads.
Yeah, besides it being too small for me, the clip is a major reason why I haven't had more leeks over the years.

Yeah, besides it being too small for me, the clip is a major reason why I haven't had more leeks over the years.

There have been a lot of Kershaw knives with questionable clip situations. Some of us have found our own alternatives. (For instance, the Brookside clip I swapped onto my Clash.) Aftermarket clips are occasionally developed. Sometimes, Kershaw just quietly makes alternatives available to those who ask. The latter has been a really nice bit of customer service on their part. After I got my premium Dividend, I called them up. They sent out a deep-carry loop-over free of charge.

^^I know it’s not exactly an apples to apples comparison but I’ve often wondered how the same company that got clips so wrong on so many knives is able to get ‘em so right on pretty much every ZT?

I’m unhappy with usps, for some reason my leek is running late and won’t be delivered. I have no idea how it takes over a week for priority mail. No wonder they’re going bankrupt

I’m unhappy with usps, for some reason my leek is running late and won’t be delivered. I have no idea how it takes over a week for priority mail. No wonder they’re going bankrupt

The pandemic may have slowed things down.

I work in the shipping industry and I can say with certainty that this Covid-19 stuff has impacted service across the board.

Give it some time, buddy. It will get to you!

^^I know it’s not exactly an apples to apples comparison but I’ve often wondered how the same company that got clips so wrong on so many knives is able to get ‘em so right on pretty much every ZT?
I think a lot of Ken onion designs end up with funky clips and clip positions.

Not really about the knife. There is a good thread going in the GB&U where we talk about our mail service.

The pandemic may have slowed things down.

I work in the shipping industry and I can say with certainty that this Covid-19 stuff has impacted service across the board.

Yup. I've had shipping priority take a week.

I think a lot of Ken onion designs end up with funky clips and clip positions.

Agreed. RJ Martin designs suffer from this as well. As though they designed the knife but not the clip, so they had to just screw one on as an afterthought. Oso Sweet and Zing are bad for this. I have both of these and had to remove the clips to make them worth carrying.

There are a few that are well thought out for the design.... The Rexford and Sinkevich models come to mind.

I hope the pocket clips in the sprint runs are included in the thought process.

Wow! U work for Amazon?! That’s rad!

Been EDCing mine for just over a week. The cerakote on the butt of it has already started to wear off revealing the metal scale. I wear Riggs ranger pants for the most part and apparently inserting knife in pocket has worn down the cerakote. Pro and Con: Pro. It is a great knife and performs wonderfully. It will be a major collectors item due to sprint numbers and the vulnerability of the coating, hence user knives will have visible wear as safe Queens will stay pristine. Con. I have never had a knife with cerakote from any maker that doesn't wear off easily from normal everyday use.
I'm glad I got two, one to use and one to save. In all other respects the knife is great. Super sharp, perfectly centered with no blade play. Well worth it's price, which was a gift from Kershaw considering the materials used. Overall I love it.

Not really about the knife. There is a good thread going in the GB&U where we talk about our mail service.

Yup. I've had shipping priority take a week.

why bother responding and continuing to talk about mail service?
I actually referenced the sprint leek I’m waiting for. Thanks for that insightful input though, you should be a mod.

why bother responding and continuing to talk about mail service?
I actually referenced the sprint leek I’m waiting for. Thanks for that insightful input though, you should be a mod.
Maybe in order to try and give you an explanation to your problem. Also trying to help by directing you to a spot where some of us are talking about our mail service. You're welcome I guess....

Back