Knife companies that need new logos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll start with: Artisan Cutlery's "is that a swastika?"
I don't know if that's a modified swastika but it sure looks to me that at least some of Walter Brend's knives have a Confederate flag on them.
Artisan-Zumwalt-FL-Textured-CF-G-10-Satin-ATZ1808PCF-BHQ-87223-jr-large.jpg

^he did, but brend got rid of it, didnt he? more a generic flag now I seem to remember.

Viper-David-Black-Black-V4002CNN-BHQ-49565-jr-large.jpg

Viper knives like the billboards too. It's the only reason I haven't owned one. Always get cold feet on a purchase.

I agree that the pivot in the OP looks akin to a swastika. Some cultures dont have the same problem as the West with the symbol (which was tainted by the Third Reich). Quite the contrary.

If you start removing lines and moving them, then sure, you could could make the case that it’s a swastika. However, removing some existing parts of a logo, and moving other parts of a logo changes the logo itself. So it’s not the original.

By using your logic, the BMW logo looks like a swastika. Just remove the blue and white color, make the perimieter a square rather than a circle, and remove some of the lines. And you now have a swastika.

You’re looking for something that’s not there.
Your analogy doesnt really hold.
Further more you ironically and unknowingly picked the stylized Bayrische Motoren Werke logo for your comparison.
BMW was closely connected to the Swastika in the sense that the company made airplane engines. A business venture which abruptly halted in 1945.
The stylized logo represents an airplane prop.

dYnFkY5.jpg

kizer is kinda weird, their logo looks like a shrub. And what’s with the Benchmade butterfly and Spyderco’s little tic lol at least sog, crkt, ZT, cold steel etc just spell it out. Imo gerber has one of the coolest looking logos

kizer is kinda weird, their logo looks like a shrub. And what’s with the Benchmade butterfly and Spyderco’s little tic lol at least sog, crkt, ZT, cold steel etc just spell it out. Imo gerber has one of the coolest looking logos
If you are talking about their old "knife in stone" logo, I'd have to agree.

Benchmade used to make alot of butterfly knives, hence the butterfly logo.

I love holts logo personally. I agree with artisian cutlery and that was my initial thought when their last drop hit bhq..everyone sees things differently.

Benchmade should change their logo, if for no other reason than because of the butterfly-tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back