Knife confessions

What's wrong with getting a bit feminine? I do dislike pearl handles, tho. And China is putting out the best stuff on the market.

I ponder my next knife purchase daily, even though I have enough folders to last me a long lifetime.

I bought a fixed blade I have little to no use for. I'll probably buy another.

Sell the fixed blade to us, although every collection needs one!!!

I don't like SAKs and Case knives or most slipjoints in general.
I like Spyderco knives, but have never owned one and just haven't had the desire to buy one yet.
I think most production knives with M390 steel are mostly useless because most knife manufacturers can't seem to properly heat treat it to bring out its superb qualities.

Lastly, I'm severely addicted to knives. Oh wait... we all are here.

I have more knives than I’ll ever use and it’s hard to sell any of them.

I’ve been a die-hard slipjoint fan but have been carrying a lg Sebenza for a few weeks now and love it. So much so, that I’ve bought 3 others to check out, plus a CRK fixed blade.

I have bare patches on my legs from recent sharpening sessions.

I own a couple of small bug size Spyderco's that were gifts and are great knives. But, I won't buy a Spyderco because, and this might get me banned, but I don't like the Spydey hole because of the large humpback it creates. There. I said it.

Edit: It appears others have said this too, so there's that.

Last edited:
I like Spyderco knives, but have never owned one and just haven't had the desire to buy one yet.
I think most production knives with M390 steel are mostly useless because most knife manufacturers can't seem to properly heat treat it to bring out its superb qualities.

Lastly, I'm severely addicted to knives. Oh wait... we all are here.

Addicted to knives with no Spydercos? Tisk, tisk! Get with the program already! :D

You’re right on about heat treatment btw.

I hate knives with a poor blade to handle ratio. Like the PM2.

I don’t see a real purpose for knives less than about 3 inches. If I can’t cut an apple without 2 cuts...

Clean an animal or fish with a folder a couple times, and you'll quickly see the allure. ;-)

My cold steel code 4 would like a word with you dragon man.

:p

I'll take my Drop Forged Hunter for skinning or an Esee any day it's true.

Confession time well all of my folders are glorified box cutters.

The only users are my fixed blades, It's a 10:1 ratio when it comes to folders to fixed so yeah.....I like glorified box cutters.

I've been into knives for 30 years, and I still cut myself occasionally. Why!?

The other day, I let my Cold Steel Grik guillotine down on my finger. Embarassing.

Back